• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:19 PM

No Team ECM
No Team LRM's
Communications UP

Match Maker at its greatest. Put all the LRM's and ECM on the other team. So we used the only other tool we had available to us. Our Comms!!! Watch Listen and learn Cadets!!!!

Edited by Darian DelFord, 15 February 2019 - 03:31 AM.

#2 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 12:45 AM

Polar can definitely be beaten without LRMs.

Without ECM as well? Impressive.

I have to say, comms and a bit of solid squirreling there made a fair difference to the outcome, nice work.

People often think LRMs are needed to win Polar, but actually the lack of intervening terrain means that an aggressive team can often overwhelm an LRM heavy force, under-running them before they start to wreck face. Good thing you guys were on the comms, and everyone followed up the push though, that shows how a bit of coordination can make all the difference.

Edited by Maddermax, 15 February 2019 - 12:46 AM.

#3 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 02:58 AM

Interesting, you don't think it's worth having masc in flea and dropping 1SPL to SL?

#4 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 15 February 2019 - 03:49 AM

Op is a noob, everybody knows Jack'o lantern warhorn is no good for Flea, the right one is Meep Meep. :P

Good job in that match, it's good when teams actually work as that. Btw how did you get that seventh SP in the FLEA, did you shave off armor?

#5 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 04:33 AM

View PostBrizna, on 15 February 2019 - 03:49 AM, said:

Op is a noob, everybody knows Jack'o lantern warhorn is no good for Flea, the right one is Meep Meep. Posted Image

Good job in that match, it's good when teams actually work as that. Btw how did you get that seventh SP in the FLEA, did you shave off armor?

No MASC, I asked about that from OP, IMO worth dropping down one SPL to SL.

#6 Brizna

• Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 15 February 2019 - 06:36 AM

View PostCurccu, on 15 February 2019 - 04:33 AM, said:

No MASC, I asked about that from OP, IMO worth dropping down one SPL to SL.

I didn't notice the absence of the MASC bar. I do concur with you though, MASC is a must have with Flea, you are almost impossible to hit when you use and release MASC all the time. OP, as Curccu suggested downgrade 1 SPL to an SL, shave armor from head and some from arms and you will be able to equip MASC, it's very much worth it.

#7 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 07:45 AM

I've been in plenty of games where what you did would have been labeled as NASCARing. It wasn't, but it doesn't stop some people from insisting any sort of movement beyond the initial set up location = NASCAR. Nice job leading the team to victory.

#8 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 February 2019 - 06:37 PM

View PostCurccu, on 15 February 2019 - 02:58 AM, said:

Interesting, you don't think it's worth having masc in flea and dropping 1SPL to SL?

I have that build as well, but to run it, you have to shave armor. I don't like shaving armor on a Flea. However I usually do use it. Just playing around without MASC to see what would happen,

View PostBrizna, on 15 February 2019 - 03:49 AM, said:

Op is a noob, everybody knows Jack'o lantern warhorn is no good for Flea, the right one is Meep Meep. Posted Image

Ya know now that you mention, I have a horrible time with my flea and the warhorn. I kid you not, I have two builds for every build. They rotate around the jack o lantern and the meep meep warhorns... Love them both.

View PostBrizna, on 15 February 2019 - 06:36 AM, said:

I didn't notice the absence of the MASC bar. I do concur with you though, MASC is a must have with Flea, you are almost impossible to hit when you use and release MASC all the time. OP, as Curccu suggested downgrade 1 SPL to an SL, shave armor from head and some from arms and you will be able to equip MASC, it's very much worth it.

I would not say that it is a must have.... but it is great to have. I do usually have a SL added, just decided to try it without MASC for a change.

View PostJman5, on 15 February 2019 - 07:45 AM, said:

I've been in plenty of games where what you did would have been labeled as NASCARing. It wasn't, but it doesn't stop some people from insisting any sort of movement beyond the initial set up location = NASCAR. Nice job leading the team to victory.

Yeah it was a good team, that actually listened for a change. Had we stood by and did the usual we have been creamed. We just recognized early we had to move it or lose it.

#9 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:05 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 15 February 2019 - 06:37 PM, said:

I have that build as well, but to run it, you have to shave armor. I don't like shaving armor on a Flea. However I usually do use it. Just playing around without MASC to see what would happen,

Yes with 7xSPL amount to strip is dangerous but with just 6xSPL and 1xSL it is just 2 points of armor stripping outside of your head, which is fully stripped naturally... personally haven't got headshotted in any 20 tonner so far and always 0-1 armor.

#10 Brizna

• Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:16 AM

View PostCurccu, on 16 February 2019 - 01:05 AM, said:

personally haven't got headshotted in any 20 tonner so far and always 0-1 armor.

I do remember a match in which my totally cored and legged commando tanked like a king an AC20 shot because it hit the cockpit and finished the Atlas with the next volley, man that was glorious lol. But yeah, that happened like 5 years ago so it certainly is a very rare occurrence.

#11 FireStoat

• The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 11:19 AM

During this event I was in an HPG manifold map of holding the pee stain and our team... Reverse nascar'ed with our Charlie Lance anchoring the fire line. It was like I had been tossed into a mirror universe or something. Easy win.

#12 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 February 2019 - 11:37 AM

But those parts get sooooo cold on Frozen city, I like to keep my parts nice and warm ;ppp

#13 OrmsbyGore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 02:27 PM

View PostJman5, on 15 February 2019 - 07:45 AM, said:

when people say nascar, they are referring to a counter clockwise rotation while turning left starting at the beginning of the match and continuing throughout regardless of th opposing force's actions. In this match they located the enemy team, found out that they had a bunch of LRMs, and then proceeded to close ground and engage, so it wasn't nascar as much as a series of good decisions. It is important to always differentiate between nascar and making an informed decision to move to the right

#14 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 04:21 PM

View PostOrmsbyGore, on 16 February 2019 - 02:27 PM, said:

when people say nascar, they are referring to a counter clockwise rotation while turning left starting at the beginning of the match and continuing throughout regardless of the opposing force's actions. In this match they located the enemy team, found out that they had a bunch of LRMs, and then proceeded to close ground and engage, so it wasn't nascar as much as a series of good decisions. It is important to always differentiate between nascar and making an informed decision to move to the right

I am aware of what NASCAR is. However some people will call any movement the team makes beyond where they personally stopped moving NASCAR. It's become a catch-all accusation for some whenever they get overrun and have a bad game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users