#21 Greyhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 894 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 February 2019 - 08:42 AM

View PostVerilligo, on 15 February 2019 - 08:27 AM, said:

How I really feel is that it's actually not a horrible idea if you a built a game from the ground up based around it. What you're looking for, though, is a true MMO-styled MechWarrior game, like a cross between MechAssault and Xenoblade Chronicles X, but with actual story and good writing. That's just not what MWO is, though, and taking a hard break like this into left field is poorly judged.

Thanks.

There is no way I think PGI has the resources or the imagination to pull the idea off. Fundamentally they screwed up when they started without a pilot being the focus. My original post I linked to was basically on the theme of the mistakes made at the start that have limited the game long term.

All MWO can be is a team based shooter. where you enter a queue get matched with 23 other people and those people then get split into a team.

You can't now add an economy, add depth to the world. mech destroyed no consequence just repeat.

This is the thing about MWO. I enjoy the game so much fun. But at the end of the day it seems so empty and shallow. Why do I go back to games like guildwars 2 or skyrim or elite dangerous? because they give the illusion of progression and that I cause change in the world and there is a depth of choices and real significant differences in play between characters or ships.

MWO it's level the mech and on to the next one. But it could be so f***ing great with a bit more work on the foundations.

Edited by Greyhart, 15 February 2019 - 08:47 AM.

#22 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:27 AM

View PostGreyhart, on 15 February 2019 - 06:53 AM, said:

*snip*

The standard pvp in MMORPGs...

I see your problem - this isn't an MMO *or* an RPG

#23 S t P a u l y

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 04:02 PM

That wall of text was a complete waste of your time.

#24 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 15 February 2019 - 04:17 PM

This game is about the pilot.

Go look at Jarls List - you'll see plenty about how good and bad pilots are. That is a story in itself.

Plus this game is a FPS, not some lorenerd paradise. Maybe the OP totally forgot the key part there

F
P
S

#25 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 04:25 PM

View PostGreyhart, on 15 February 2019 - 08:42 AM, said:

Thanks.

There is no way I think PGI has the resources or the imagination to pull the idea off. Fundamentally they screwed up when they started without a pilot being the focus. My original post I linked to was basically on the theme of the mistakes made at the start that have limited the game long term.

All MWO can be is a team based shooter. where you enter a queue get matched with 23 other people and those people then get split into a team.

You can't now add an economy, add depth to the world. mech destroyed no consequence just repeat.

This is the thing about MWO. I enjoy the game so much fun. But at the end of the day it seems so empty and shallow. Why do I go back to games like guildwars 2 or skyrim or elite dangerous? because they give the illusion of progression and that I cause change in the world and there is a depth of choices and real significant differences in play between characters or ships.

MWO it's level the mech and on to the next one. But it could be so f***ing great with a bit more work on the foundations.

I have seen first person and third person shooters manage to keep themselves feeling fresh, constantly revigorated and greatly exciting all throughout their years.

MWO is not one of them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users