crash error support

3 replies to this topic

#1 Arigato Roboto

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 04:29 PM

I updated Windows to version 1809 and ever since MWO randomly crashes in the middle of matches. The crashes are hard reboot crashes; all input locks up, cannot move mouse, cannot CTRL-ALT-DEL, cannot CTRL-SHIFT-ESC. Must press power button to recover. Anyone else having this issue?

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 16 February 2019 - 08:39 PM

Since it is the system completely locking up, especially if you are allowing it to sit there for a bit, something went wrong. MWO is just able to trigger it.

I have had 1809 version installed since December. There has been additional updates for that version since then. Go in and manually check for updates then reboot. It may take a few times.

Also be prepared to download at least GPU drivers and update them. By default Windows 10 has driver updates on by default, and at times there can be issues with the updates.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 16 February 2019 - 08:40 PM.

#3 Arigato Roboto

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 11:56 AM

I ended up thinking of the same solution vis a vis video card drivers and it seems to have worked. Must have been some multipart bug in there. Thanks for offering what turned out to be the right solution!

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:54 PM

Excellent. If you are semi knowledgeable you may want to look into disabling the driver update portion. Windows 10 does make one jump through hoops to disable it then need to check it after each major version update due to it might be reset to default.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users