I Try To Come Back And Play Every Few Months And Every Single Game I Can Never Find Even A Single Match (Playing Duos)

11 replies to this topic

#1 Muffinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 447 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 02:37 AM

Seriously, this is crazy. I keep trying to get a game either with my son, or with a few mates I'm trying to introduce and it is literally impossible to get in a match of either quick play or solaris as a duo in Australian peak times. We can sit there for 10-15 minutes (which is about the max most people I try to bring in will endure before playing something else).

Is there just no other humans playing any more? It really feels like it's time to ease up the match making. I would so much rather get in an unbalanced game where we get stomped, than never getting into any game at all.

*Edit after posting this we got into a solaris match after only 8 minutes this time but could not stomach sitting there 8 more minutes for a second one.

Edited by Muffinator, 18 February 2019 - 02:43 AM.

#2 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 18 February 2019 - 02:40 AM

No one in aussie prime time play group queue, they're all filthy sync droppers. If you want to play with someone else, you're going to have to attempt to sync drop. Only time group queue is alive is NA primetime.

#3 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 February 2019 - 04:58 AM

View PostMuffinator, on 18 February 2019 - 02:37 AM, said:

Seriously, this is crazy. I keep trying to get a game either with my son, or with a few mates I'm trying to introduce and it is literally impossible to get in a match of either quick play or solaris as a duo in Australian peak times. We can sit there for 10-15 minutes (which is about the max most people I try to bring in will endure before playing something else).

Is there just no other humans playing any more? It really feels like it's time to ease up the match making. I would so much rather get in an unbalanced game where we get stomped, than never getting into any game at all.

*Edit after posting this we got into a solaris match after only 8 minutes this time but could not stomach sitting there 8 more minutes for a second one.

Well avoid Solaris, its a dead mode, and rarely if ever will you find a match in there. And if you do, it will be against the same person/people over and over and over

Solaris was the biggest waste of time and money even more so than CW.

#4 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 18 February 2019 - 12:07 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 18 February 2019 - 04:58 AM, said:

Well avoid Solaris, its a dead mode, and rarely if ever will you find a match in there. And if you do, it will be against the same person/people over and over and over

There's nothing wrong with playing against the same pilots over and over. There was a few of us who all happened to play at the same time last season most evenings, no organisation, just coincidence. We'd have a laugh and bring novel builds. Then inevitably some try-hard would show up in his meta and we'd leave. It's not fun being pounded like that.

That's the problem with Solaris, there's a few build that dominate divisions and there's no fun in fighting them. Not everyone plays for stats.

I'm sure I've said this before...

#5 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 February 2019 - 01:21 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 18 February 2019 - 12:07 PM, said:

There's nothing wrong with playing against the same pilots over and over. There was a few of us who all happened to play at the same time last season most evenings, no organisation, just coincidence. We'd have a laugh and bring novel builds. Then inevitably some try-hard would show up in his meta and we'd leave. It's not fun being pounded like that.

That's the problem with Solaris, there's a few build that dominate divisions and there's no fun in fighting them. Not everyone plays for stats.

I'm sure I've said this before...

Exactly my point. Solaris in its current implementation is just about a complete waste of time.

#6 Stonefalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 18 February 2019 - 06:32 PM

Aussie prime time is RIP, server came too late to save the majority of the pop and Yankies refuse to tick Oceanic cause 3 digit ping. Most of us just sync drop now, it's the only decent way to get matches.

#7 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 18 February 2019 - 08:23 PM

I don't know if this is just because the event is coming to an end but the last three or four days I've had no issue getting Solaris matches and I'm in Australia. Saw a few guys multiple times but mostly it was pilots so terrible even I was able to score a few wins.

#8 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 February 2019 - 08:28 PM

View PostMuffinator, on 18 February 2019 - 02:37 AM, said:

99% of the playerbase plays Quick Play, almost no one plays Solaris or Group Que (With just 2 people)

#9 ShiverMeRivets

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 520 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 12:46 AM

Dueos should be allowed to drop in QP. But not larger groups.

#10 Syanis

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSE Asia

Posted 21 February 2019 - 02:34 AM

View PostShiverMeRivets, on 19 February 2019 - 12:46 AM, said:

Dueos should be allowed to drop in QP. But not larger groups.

I'd say 2-4 should be allowed to drop in solo QP. Maybe 2-3. I know plenty of gamers myself included who usually play with 2-3 buddies in whatever game and if they can't they move on.

#11 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:32 AM

View PostStonefalcon, on 18 February 2019 - 06:32 PM, said:

Aussie prime time is RIP, server came too late to save the majority of the pop and Yankies refuse to tick Oceanic cause 3 digit ping. Most of us just sync drop now, it's the only decent way to get matches.

Same with us EU players, US ~150 ping is ok but not interested to play in AUS server with 350 ping or something.

#12 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 10:37 AM

have you tried making a private lobby game where you all can drop in mechs and teach them the basics where they arent getting killed so fast?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users