Jump to content

Versus Mech Sales


48 replies to this topic

#21 Mister Maf

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 350 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:00 AM

I also am on the lookout for a mechbay sale ^^; I suspect these kinds of random chassis sales without mechbay discounts are meant to drive mechbay purchases at regular price. For those who can take advantage, the rivalry idea is neat I suppose. Just a shame to imagine the Kodiak in its current state trying to square off against the Annihilator. Posted Image

#22 D V Devnull

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 3,404 posts
  • LocationAnywhere but here, and the lights in my bays are off.

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:06 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 21 February 2019 - 11:55 PM, said:

Dev, i feel your depression. When are you going to get a proper group to hang out with? Rarely you wil find a random person willing to listen to you. Even if you are playing the same game.

I did sort of have a group to hang with previously. Then I started to fail to connect with them at the right times due to Real Life, as well as I started finding that the difficulty of Group Queue took a sharp up-turn lately. So I got stuck back in Solo Queue again, and since that have been trying to get more people to communicate better with others. As you can see from my rants, that hasn't worked out as well as I would like. Enough said of my being depressed for now, though... sometimes I just have to get it out of my mind and onto a post. :unsure:


Anyway, I guess I'll look forward to seeing more usage of the Mechs in this Sale on the battlefields. I would imagine that people will be coming up with some interesting designs to be shot at. Maybe the 'Abusive MatchMaker' will let me have a chance to run into them? :P

~D. V. "might be covering their depression over with funny thoughts, even though they're not trying to" Devnull

#23 Coffeeghoul

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:09 AM

You're describing my everyday playing experience.

But yes, thanks for the sales, I'll get a Thanatos and see, what I can do with it. :)

tha

#24 Pain G0D

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:10 AM

View PostMister Maf, on 22 February 2019 - 12:00 AM, said:

I also am on the lookout for a mechbay sale ^^; I suspect these kinds of random chassis sales without mechbay discounts are meant to drive mechbay purchases at regular price. For those who can take advantage, the rivalry idea is neat I suppose. Just a shame to imagine the Kodiak in its current state trying to square off against the Annihilator. Posted Image


Honestly whats a full price mechbay compared to a 50 percent discount Assault Mech ? I am sure we all paid full price for mechbays at one time or another .

#25 D V Devnull

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 3,404 posts
  • LocationAnywhere but here, and the lights in my bays are off.

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:11 AM

View PostMister Maf, on 22 February 2019 - 12:00 AM, said:

Just a shame to imagine the Kodiak in its current state trying to square off against the Annihilator. Posted Image

Agreed. Every time I see a Kodiak and an Annihilator on the field lately, the Kodiak tends to end up rather quite dead before the Annihilator ever can. Frankly, I think the Kodiak needs Buffs, but the Annihilator needs to stay as it currently is. If it means adjusting a number of other Mechs to meet the line being set, so be it because it would mean that the game gets a better balance overall. :huh:

~D. V. "At least, this is my current 2019-02-21 (or '02-22'?) impression of the Kodiak." Devnull

#26 Appogee

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:37 AM

I just checked, and NGT-H isn't available in the store...

#27 BrunoSSace

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,031 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 February 2019 - 01:25 AM

I don't get stressed with this game much anymore. I focus on doing well and relaxing. I have a really terrible job, so this game is a big relief for me. I focus on doing more than 600 damage every game win or loss and thats all I'm after. Being the best player on my team with the highest score and probley the worst ping, is something to be proud of.

Dont focus on winner, cause I did on world of tanks and it use to stress me out. Now I just play to kill noobs lol. The Bruno

#28 Novan Santos

    Rookie

  • Philanthropist
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:29 AM

I don't understand the posts regarding mechbay sale.
We have a lot of events nowdays where you can earn 50-100 MCs per achievement.
I'm not a pro, I'm a casual player, but my latest mechs and mechbays were either from event earned C-Bills/MCs or from mech givaway events.

Regarding Annihilator vs Kodiak (as an Annihilator guy):
True comparison can be Solaris 1v1. (Maybe the devs got the idea from there, because the two mach is in the same division).
But it is also true that an Annihilator on the battlefield becomes instantly a priority target due to the fear it generates...:)

#29 Ensaine

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 820 posts
  • LocationOn a frozen rock .....

Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:30 AM

Yep.. must ........have ...... Mech Bay sale .......

#30 Keture

    Rookie

  • Bridesmaid
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:25 AM

View PostNovan Santos, on 22 February 2019 - 02:29 AM, said:

I don't understand the posts regarding mechbay sale.
We have a lot of events nowdays where you can earn 50-100 MCs per achievement.
I'm not a pro, I'm a casual player, but my latest mechs and mechbays were either from event earned C-Bills/MCs or from mech givaway events.



'Need that mechbay to buy another hero/mech, but if I do that, I can now no longer afford the mech'

Add in to sales affecting which things go on sale, sometimes they might put that Hero you really want down to 50%; Sometimes it's just the bays.

Edited by Keture, 22 February 2019 - 05:44 AM.


#31 Anton Fetladral

    Member

  • PipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:51 AM

Any chance these sales will be hitting the $ price of mech packs in the store page on the website? Wouldn't mind getting an Uziel pack off the online store if it was 50% off, for example...

#32 ENOVA

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 18 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 18 Qualifier
  • 86 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:52 AM

okay

#33 N_o_v_A

    Member

  • Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:58 AM

I doubt anyone has said this yet so... how about a mech bay sale?

#34 D V Devnull

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 3,404 posts
  • LocationAnywhere but here, and the lights in my bays are off.

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:11 AM

View PostNovan Santos, on 22 February 2019 - 02:29 AM, said:

Regarding Annihilator vs Kodiak (as an Annihilator guy):
True comparison can be Solaris 1v1. (Maybe the devs got the idea from there, because the two mach is in the same division).
But it is also true that an Annihilator on the battlefield becomes instantly a priority target due to the fear it generates...Posted Image

I discovered that Kodiaks generate more fear than Annihilators. If I bring one on the battlefields, and there's also an Annihilator on my Team, my Kodiak will ALWAYS get prioritized and focused down first. If I bring an Annihilator, and my Team happens to also have a Kodiak, that Other Pilot's Kodiak will instead ALWAYS get prioritized and focused down first. :(

The only thing to out-prioritize those two are the Fafnir Chassis. The other 100-tonners, like the Dire Wolf and King Crab, just don't get prioritized and focused as soon as they sometimes NEED to be. :huh:




As for this person...

View PostNova5555, on 22 February 2019 - 05:58 AM, said:

I doubt anyone has said this yet so... how about a mech bay sale?

Uhm... Pardon me while I laugh a bit. Please read back through the Thread so far. You will find that many people have already mentioned this. LOL :lol:



~Mr. D. V. "I see Fafnirs get focused before Kodiaks, which get focused before Annihilators." Devnull

#35 Bwah Ha Ha

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:49 AM

The last about mech bays was posted as joke dn.

Time for a stealth Thanatos I think, don't have one in my garage yet!

#36 Lith Dael

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 55 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 February 2019 - 09:02 AM

View PostBrunoSSace, on 22 February 2019 - 01:25 AM, said:

I don't get stressed with this game much anymore. I focus on doing well and relaxing. I have a really terrible job, so this game is a big relief for me. I focus on doing more than 600 damage every game win or loss and thats all I'm after. Being the best player on my team with the highest score and probley the worst ping, is something to be proud of.

Dont focus on winner, cause I did on world of tanks and it use to stress me out. Now I just play to kill noobs lol. The Bruno


Sad to hear about your job. Hope it'll turn out for the better!
Now shoot'em PUGs and chill! Posted Image

#37 GM Patience

    Senior Customer Service Agent

  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 09:29 AM

Hi! Indeed NGT-H is not available in the game store as it is a standard version of the Loyalty Rewards and was just released in the Web Gift Store. Our apologies for the confusion.

#38 Battle-mage

    Member

  • Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 11:11 AM

View PostGM Patience, on 22 February 2019 - 09:29 AM, said:

Hi! Indeed NGT-H is not available in the game store as it is a standard version of the Loyalty Rewards and was just released in the Web Gift Store. Our apologies for the confusion.

Unacceptable!! I think we should all get one for free but I think others would rather have a Mech Bay!! Thanks for the sales and the Events. As a semi-noob it gets me to try new tactics-weapons-and mechs. I still try to focus on winning first and let the rest fill in as they will. If I have to play more rounds then, well I get to play more rounds. Win - win!

#39 Mister Maf

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 350 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 22 February 2019 - 11:39 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 22 February 2019 - 06:11 AM, said:

I discovered that Kodiaks generate more fear than Annihilators. If I bring one on the battlefields, and there's also an Annihilator on my Team, my Kodiak will ALWAYS get prioritized and focused down first. If I bring an Annihilator, and my Team happens to also have a Kodiak, that Other Pilot's Kodiak will instead ALWAYS get prioritized and focused down first. Posted Image

The only thing to out-prioritize those two are the Fafnir Chassis. The other 100-tonners, like the Dire Wolf and King Crab, just don't get prioritized and focused as soon as they sometimes NEED to be. Posted Image

I think it's less that one mech is inherently more intimidating than the other and more that the two carry comparable firepower but one is much easier to kill, so you drop that one first. It's a bigger target with worse hitboxes and no survival quirks; killing it first instead of the Annihilator first removes the same amount of boom from the enemy team in much less time.

#40 D V Devnull

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 3,404 posts
  • LocationAnywhere but here, and the lights in my bays are off.

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:09 PM

View PostMister Maf, on 22 February 2019 - 11:39 AM, said:

I think it's less that one mech is inherently more intimidating than the other and more that the two carry comparable firepower but one is much easier to kill, so you drop that one first. It's a bigger target with worse hitboxes and no survival quirks; killing it first instead of the Annihilator first removes the same amount of boom from the enemy team in much less time.

I hear that. Sounds like PGI may have to give back some more Minor Quirks to the Kodiak... That's even with the KDK-3's ability to potentially mount bonkers amounts of damage, just because it gets dropped so easily. :unsure:

~D. V. "knows what it is to get knocked out of a Kodiak so easily" Devnull





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users