Api Overview

API

4 replies to this topic

#1 Weltenfeuer

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 03:36 AM

(i) Is there any (official) documentation about available APIs?

(ii) Is this API outdated?
https://static.mwome...cw/mapdata.json

#2 Matt Redburn

• PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 02:24 AM

(i) no, except private match data api: https://mwomercs.com/profile/api

(ii) yes

#3 SpaceWolf42

Rookie

• The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 03:18 AM

I would like to know more.

The private Match data API seems useless if i cant retrieve Game IDs, live for some time or for matches done for my account.

Any hints? I cant find information anywhere...

#4 TxAce

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 31 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 April 2019 - 07:11 PM

I'm trying to pull info from our private lobby matches. Not sure exactly how to do it.

Getting the response:

{
"message": "That Game ID is invalid",
"status": 422
}

The match ID I'm trying to pull is 344380619571716

Any ideas?

#5 DashFire61

• PipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 70 posts
  • LocationPasadena, California

Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:58 PM

I love how PGI refuses to produce the most simple of systems ever, I could build an API for MWO in a few hours. But they want me to preorder the new game when they cant even deliver something like a functional API for paying customers who've been asking for it for 5 years. I can understand the "it's not a priority" argument, except they could have spent 30 mins a year on it and had it out by now..

If they released an API for the game there would be tons of 3rd party apps and websites that displayed cool statistical things, did things like tell you that 90% of your missed shots are missed because they are too far to the left and down, or let you track the weapons and items your purchase and where they are, let you make a list of weapons armor and speed you want on a mech and then have an app return the perfect mech for you based on the API. Literally tons of possibilities that they dont have to program, that players will do for fun and want that will greatly improve the playerbases fun and engagement as well as make MWO a game that is viewed as forward thinking instead of playing catch up with the AAA industry.

Edited by DashFire61, 16 April 2019 - 01:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users