My Predictions For New Clan Mechpacks This Year...

28 replies to this topic

#21 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 09:15 PM

View PostFupDup, on 07 March 2019 - 07:24 PM, said:

I'm not stating my own thoughts or opinions or desires, I'm stating the OP's speculation that he laid out (he specifically said we'd be getting more IICs and some of the more commonly requested ones, and he was looking for battlemechs to fill in certain tonnage intervals that only have Omnis on the Clan side right now).

There are quite a few other IIC mechs I didn't bother with because they don't bring anything new to the table or don't fit the timeline. The Phoenix Hawk IIC other than being able to take a 400XL and fit five jump jets, wouldn't do anything better than the Warhammer IIC at the same tonnage. The only reason I listed the IICs I did is because they fit the timeline of this game as it stands currently for available technology, and there isn't really anything else at those tonnages that are other clan second-line battlemechs to pick instead.

#22 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:45 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 07 March 2019 - 08:44 PM, said:

Every existing IIC mech in this game already existed in Battletech. PGI has created only three mechs so far and those are the ones I already covered as being the MechCon mechs.

I know, I said variants, to flesh out the Guillotine IIC.

#23 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:09 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 07 March 2019 - 09:15 PM, said:

There are quite a few other IIC mechs I didn't bother with because they don't bring anything new to the table or don't fit the timeline. The Phoenix Hawk IIC other than being able to take a 400XL and fit five jump jets, wouldn't do anything better than the Warhammer IIC at the same tonnage. The only reason I listed the IICs I did is because they fit the timeline of this game as it stands currently for available technology, and there isn't really anything else at those tonnages that are other clan second-line battlemechs to pick instead.

Actually I would disagree with PhawkIIC the main variant alone, screams KDK3 on a more mobile platform, and from the artwork alone those cockpit level weapons locations gonna be a big deal, plus it have a nice side option of being a poptart. The only thing the WhammyIIC just suffering from no real options between variants other than quirks, and bad agility because of previous top dog clan assaults.

#24 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 08 March 2019 - 03:55 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 07 March 2019 - 09:15 PM, said:

There are quite a few other IIC mechs I didn't bother with because they don't bring anything new to the table or don't fit the timeline. The Phoenix Hawk IIC other than being able to take a 400XL and fit five jump jets, wouldn't do anything better than the Warhammer IIC at the same tonnage.

Pixie IIC would have more ballistic hardpoints than the Whalehammer IIC, which would be very good for dakka builds.

Edited by FupDup, 08 March 2019 - 03:56 AM.

#25 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 09:57 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 07 March 2019 - 08:44 PM, said:

Why the turkina ? Its not actually that desirable a mech. For starters its another Omni and we don't need another 95 ton example of that as much as we need a 95 ton battlemech. It would be as slow as a direwolf with the ridiculous wide profile of a Night star. And it has fixed jump jets so again using tonnage as the Executioner is stuck using. All it really fulfills in an overload of hard points for fans of power creep building.

Honestly I think the Turkina at 95-tons is a good option from a variety standpoint. Sure it has JJs like the Executioner which aren't necessarily desirable on a mech this size and waste alot of the tonnage, but since the Turkina doesn't also stuff a huge 380 engine and a 4 ton MASC unit into the chassis either, it will be able to carry many potentially more powerful builds that the Executioner can't even dream off. Between the smaller engine and the lack of fixed MASC unitl, the Turkina would have 17 tons more to work with and while only the speed of a Direwolf, should have or at least could have if PGI wants it, a good agility and movement profile.

#26 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 11:26 AM

Stone rhino or gtfo.

#27 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 08 March 2019 - 11:48 AM

View PostAngel of Annihilation, on 08 March 2019 - 09:57 AM, said:

Honestly I think the Turkina at 95-tons is a good option from a variety standpoint. Sure it has JJs like the Executioner which aren't necessarily desirable on a mech this size and waste alot of the tonnage, but since the Turkina doesn't also stuff a huge 380 engine and a 4 ton MASC unit into the chassis either, it will be able to carry many potentially more powerful builds that the Executioner can't even dream off. Between the smaller engine and the lack of fixed MASC unitl, the Turkina would have 17 tons more to work with and while only the speed of a Direwolf, should have or at least could have if PGI wants it, a good agility and movement profile.

Looking at the hardpoints I'm thinking 2 ER PPC 1 UAC10 2 UAC5 would be a great build on the Dire Turkey. Give it JJ quirks like the Vapor Eagle.

#28 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:00 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 07 March 2019 - 08:39 PM, said:

I think for IS we can unfortunately expect more classic designs to fill in MW5, like Crusader, Stinger, Wasp, etc

Why would it be unfortunate to have mechs like the Crusader, Stinger, Wasp, Longbow, etc.? IS purists have been wanting those mechs for a pretty long time. Unless if you are gonna push for IS Omnimechs which may or may never get into the game, id say let those people that been wanting those mechs finally have them, since most people that have been waiting patiently for unseens for years now.

Also, if you want the Turkina in MW:O I suggest making a Turkina awareness thread that goes into detail about the mech, lore, load outs, etc. Send a message over to Russ via Twitter about the mech too. If you decide to make that thread I'll go over there and show my support.

#29 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:13 PM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 08 March 2019 - 12:00 PM, said:

Why would it be unfortunate to have mechs like the Crusader, Stinger, Wasp, Longbow, etc.? IS purists have been wanting those mechs for a pretty long time. Unless if you are gonna push for IS Omnimechs which may or may never get into the game, id say let those people that been wanting those mechs finally have them, since most people that have been waiting patiently for unseens for years now.

Also, if you want the Turkina in MW:O I suggest making a Turkina awareness thread that goes into detail about the mech, lore, load outs, etc. Send a message over to Russ via Twitter about the mech too. If you decide to make that thread I'll go over there and show my support.

Okay, I necro'd this thread

https://mwomercs.com...rkina-thoughts/

Its 3 years old so much of the loadout discussion doesn't really apply anymore but the general message is there.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users