Big Mood Event Msg Lols

17 replies to this topic

#1 Disinterest

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:14 PM

"How do you do, fellow kids?!" Video Games are Fun! AMIRIGHT? Complete these BIG MOOD Challenges to earn some BIG MOOD Rewards. Yeets Away!"

Russ, or whoever calls the shots on this kind of stuff:

Your tiny 10 thousand player-base consists of mech-dads in their 30s+, and a handful of good 'ol gals that mistook Battletech for a series of romance novels. The oddballs outside this equation generally view your product for what it is, and play it for whatever redeeming qualities it has left (which took you many years to produce, destroy and bring back).

The point is: You aren't getting little Billy to buy a mech pack, Russ. Billy doesn't play this ****, he plays cartoon games like Fortnite, WoW, Overwatch, and soon Ashes of Creation; You get the picture right? Anything with high contrast colors is going to rob you of any opportunity to brush wallets with the kind of clout that the beneficiaries of nepotism enjoy.

That event message though... lol, I could see using sex to sell Battletech, but candy? That's just weird man, gtfo here with that stuff!

Edited by EnzoNETMECH, 08 March 2019 - 12:30 PM.

#2 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:21 PM

*whoosh*

#3 Ilfi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:25 PM

It's called Big Mood because it's an Assault sale.

#4 SomeWeirdAssGuy

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:49 PM

It's called Big Mood because it's trying to appeal to the wrong demographic. We don't use words like "mood" and "yeet" and we don't "dab" or say it's "lit" when we get a kill. Whoever let this past marketing doesn't know his target audience. It really leaves a bad taste in my mouth that whoever is in charge of this is so out of touch with the player base.

#5 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:02 PM

oh yeah?

#6 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:03 PM

Does it matter? It's just an event on their website. It's not an add they threw up on Hulu or something. Someone was just having some fun with it. Now you're acting like you're schooling them on something. Stop trying to be precious.

#7 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:10 PM

Trolling some of these people is too easy.

The post is a reference to a joke from 30-rock (whose cast is all 40+) wherein Steve Buscemi (who is now 61) attempts to disguise himself as a much younger person in a humorous, and comically transparent fashion. He opens his statement with "How do yo do fellow kids" whilst carrying a skateboard, backwards hat and a t-shirt that says "music brand".

Oh, actually, he's carrying two skateboards. Which is funny because why would a person carry two skateboards? Oh the laughs.

#8 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:22 PM

How many suckers are still putting money into a game without any improvement anyway.. I see no reason to put money into a game where we're having issues finding matches already.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 08 March 2019 - 01:23 PM.

#9 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:49 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 08 March 2019 - 01:10 PM, said:

#10 Disinterest

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:30 PM

So you mean to say while we grind this game, PGI devs are watching sitcoms? Correction: sitcoms that wouldn't even be funny to a feral human because: while removing all that would prevent the person's intelligence from finding the content funny, one would deprive said person of so many subjects as to be unable to follow the material.

Gotcha.

But srsly ppl, it's just a jab at some weird **** I saw under the event listing. If you're shocked that PGI is out of touch with the comp community, and the rp mech-dads, then you must be new here. There is absolutely no reason to react or even comment on this post unless it's something like thievingmagpi contributed.

Edited by EnzoNETMECH, 08 March 2019 - 02:33 PM.

#11 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:53 PM

DA ME Jester Has der prettyies and mah sarah jenner has RainBOWS and Unicorns in colors!!!! Ohh PPC is blue and missiles blu and gaw the green light sabers out my mech sides! FUUUNNN! Compared to the fallout color chemes of browns and greys some maps are just a whole color wheel of color. I need more coffee as I just used the last of the instant mix.

#12 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,074 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 04:37 PM

i honestly dont know where these kids get that lingo, using nouns as verbs and vise versa. as someone who actually listened up in english class (mostly because milf teacher) i find this very disturbing. you might as well be speaking klingon. i get it that language evolves, but it shouldn't evolve that fast. this shouldn't happen until my 80s.

#13 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,074 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 04:40 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 08 March 2019 - 01:10 PM, said:

The post is a reference to a joke from 30-rock (whose cast is all 40+) wherein Steve Buscemi (who is now 61) attempts to disguise himself as a much younger person in a humorous, and comically transparent fashion. He opens his statement with "How do yo do fellow kids" whilst carrying a skateboard, backwards hat and a t-shirt that says "music brand".

Oh, actually, he's carrying two skateboards. Which is funny because why would a person carry two skateboards? Oh the laughs.

i didnt know mr pink did sitcoms. granted i dont waste time watching sitcoms.

op still has a point about demographics though. i feel like pgi likes to talk down to the community a lot, and that is bad. sure were full of whiney salt miners who seem to make the average maturity level of the community drop to 3. last thing i want is for pgi to abandon reason and implement all the hyperbole solutions that some people suggest as fixes. but we are the ones who enable the game to exist and if it wasn't for our nostalgia none of them would have jobs.

Edited by LordNothing, 08 March 2019 - 04:51 PM.

#14 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 08 March 2019 - 06:08 PM

People care about this kinda ****?

I wouldn't care if the event was named Ooga Booga Pale Face Slaughter. As long as the rewards are good enough, I am in.

#15 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 09 March 2019 - 12:14 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 08 March 2019 - 06:08 PM, said:

People care about this kinda ****?

I wouldn't care if the event was named Ooga Booga Pale Face Slaughter. As long as the rewards are good enough, I am in.

Spoken like a true mercenary. Posted Image

#16 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 04:47 AM

Sitcoms?????!!! PGI watches sitcoms???!!!!! Next you're gonna tell me they wear dungarees and listen to the rock and roll music!!!!!

#17 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 05:48 AM

Hahahah too good.

#inb4lock

and on the "sex" part... where's my Natasha Kerensky fans? No pic spam yet?

#18 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 09 March 2019 - 05:50 AM

FFS give Matt a break.

He's the dev who is by far most engaged with the playerbase and has been churning out a high workrate of events for our playing enjoyment. And I'll be his use of teenspeak like Big Mood and Yeets was tongue in cheek.

You folk need to be more woke, yo.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users