• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:10 PM

View Postdwwolf, on 19 March 2019 - 11:43 PM, said:

Dont bother bringing SRM MRM or ATM.
Its beyond ridiculous.

Agreed, Same with the LRM's. Since the mech I play most of the time has 4 fixed missile slots they have taken away half of the firepower with no way to replace it. Makes it hard to justify ever spending any money on the game as they can and will at any time nerf your investment. Maybe refund the money?

#62 Whizbang AGNC

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:13 PM

View PostVellron2005, on 20 March 2019 - 12:00 AM, said:

I tested this patch changes yesterday.. I'm only gonna mention AMS here..

So, a 4AMS Corsair completely hard-counters a 4LRM15 LRM boat... all missiles eaten...

So yeah... don't see the point of it all anymore..

^^^What he said. It's ridiculous.

#63 Whizbang AGNC

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:19 PM

View PostAcersecomic, on 20 March 2019 - 12:47 AM, said:

Very good for the heatlh of the game and mental health of players to not have LRMs in the game. They're like the chinese water torture, only more like riot water gun.

Weep, LURM NOOBS! This is how it is for us every day when we can't even see where we are walking because od your incestant missile spamming.

I have alwasy ran a mech that had ams. Never wanted to waste the tonnage on it and lose firepower. And somehow I always managed to avoid getting lrm'd to death without it. Perhaps what you needed was more skill in avoidance and less nerfing a weapon out of existence.

#64 Whizbang AGNC

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:33 PM

And the end result is this. For one nothing in this game has much based on reality. And for what is supposed to be a simulation, that is a bad thing. For one the whole notion that ams should be more effective against the larger launchers is completely wrong. Even in today's ams's the only way to beat ams is to overwhelm it. Try reality for a change. Pick a percentage success rate for ams and tweak that up or down depending on need and fairness. But what you have done now has made mechs with fixed missle slots useless. And that should piss anyone off that put real money into it. And when my longer range weapons are useless (now) atm's but I can still get raked over by ballistics at range and not be able to effectively fire back, something is wrong. Because anything with 4 or more fixed missile slots can't field enough lasers and sinks to be effective that way either.

#65 ShiverMeRivets

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 520 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:06 AM

I don’t know what people ##### about. MRM and SRM work just fine. Mechs with 3 or 4 AMS are a rarity because guess what - AMS and ammo take tonnage and slots (and the chasis with that many AMS are not exactly the best).

The only issue with AMS is its ability to fire through terrain.

Edited by ShiverMeRivets, 14 May 2019 - 05:07 AM.

#66 Skippy The Danger Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:00 AM

View PostUMPA Viper, on 19 March 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

AMS post patch , way over powered ! My missiles are destroyed as they leave my mech with closest enemy at over 600m. Have went three matches now , same result. Broken.

I've been repeating the same thing since the great missile NERF and nobody cares to listen. Not only can AMS destroy missiles straight out of the tube with nobody anywhere in range, but it has the ability to destroy missiles through solid objects too. The issue is the ray tracing used to calculate the intercept point is broken and PGI won't fix it. The only way to get any missiles through is to mega boat, lock line of sight and alpha until you overheat. The brawlers and dakka builds like to call this sort of game play "fair" while you dangle your butt out in plain sight praying for a lock that never comes. Your best friend right now is MRMs and a ton of heat sinks.

#67 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:04 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 19 March 2019 - 12:14 PM, said:

I think its more that EVERYONE is bringing AMS now
Not me (except for events), and still not dying to lurms.

#68 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:07 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 19 March 2019 - 02:31 PM, said:

I'll be honest, I've been having fun playing with the new LRM mechanics.  The trajectory for direct fire is just like ATMs and it's interesting to get used to again.

One thing I have noticed is that with the new buff to AMS, Artemis is useless weight.  Not even worth it.  Neither is group firing to get a huge initial kick.  Chainfiring does seem to sandpaper them down, though, so it all works out.  

Not really worth firing in line of sight unless you're part of a charge, then it's pretty funny to watch.
I disagree. Less of your missiles die when you alpha.

#69 Whizbang AGNC

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:42 PM

Yet another night where in the first 5 games I played half of the weapons on my mech are useless to the missile nerf. It's really getting ridiculous. It's pretty much down to the point of just seeing it start and discoing those games because there is really no point in playing. They can have their penalty and if they care to ask I'll tell 'em why too. The whiners win screw it.

Edited by Whizbang AGNC, 14 May 2019 - 11:43 PM.

#70 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:51 PM

View PostWhizbang AGNC, on 14 May 2019 - 11:42 PM, said:

Yet another night where in the first 5 games I played half of the weapons on my mech are useless to the missile nerf. It's really getting ridiculous. It's pretty much down to the point of just seeing it start and discoing those games because there is really no point in playing. They can have their penalty and if they care to ask I'll tell 'em why too. The whiners win screw it.

Maybe use more or less missiles, it's ****** mixed bracket builds that don't have enough missiles to punch through multiple AMSs

#71 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 15 May 2019 - 02:00 AM

I recently tried playing a 3xATM9 Vapor Eagle.. the mech works great.. until it encounters a 3AMS Kitfox or Nova..

Then it becomes useful only as a paperweight..

Also - further testing revealed the following: Try literally ANY lock-on launcher in the game.. ATM, CLRM, ISLRM.. any size launcher..

They ALL get completely hard-countered by a single LAMS when fired as a single weapon (so only one-click fire, no chain fire or group fire).

So AMS is now literally forcing us to boat the hell out of lock-on missile weapons.. A single launcher is wasted tonnage.

Prove me wrong.

Edited by Vellron2005, 15 May 2019 - 02:00 AM.

#72 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:04 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 15 May 2019 - 02:00 AM, said:

I recently tried playing a 3xATM9 Vapor Eagle.. the mech works great.. until it encounters a 3AMS Kitfox or Nova..

Then it becomes useful only as a paperweight..

Also - further testing revealed the following: Try literally ANY lock-on launcher in the game.. ATM, CLRM, ISLRM.. any size launcher..

They ALL get completely hard-countered by a single LAMS when fired as a single weapon (so only one-click fire, no chain fire or group fire).

So AMS is now literally forcing us to boat the hell out of lock-on missile weapons.. A single launcher is wasted tonnage.

Prove me wrong.

A single launcher was always wasted tonnage.

#73 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:46 AM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 15 May 2019 - 06:04 AM, said:

Not always.. when I first started playing LRMs, a single LRM20 was quite useful.. but that was a looooong time ago..

#74 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 517 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 04:45 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 16 May 2019 - 03:46 AM, said:

Not always.. when I first started playing LRMs, a single LRM20 was quite useful.. but that was a looooong time ago..

just an idea: once you stop playing the lurms and start playing the game, things get so much easier, you know.. Posted Image

#75 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 16 May 2019 - 05:15 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 16 May 2019 - 03:46 AM, said:

when everyone was a newb, newb things worked better, doesn't mean they were good

#76 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 05:43 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 15 May 2019 - 02:00 AM, said:

View Postthievingmagpi, on 15 May 2019 - 06:04 AM, said:

Damn I was just about to write exactly same...

#77 Whizbang AGNC

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:27 PM

View PostCaptain Caveman DE, on 16 May 2019 - 04:45 AM, said:

just an idea: once you stop playing the lurms and start playing the game, things get so much easier, you know.. Posted Image

You don't just make a weapon useless in a game. And many mechs have fixed missile slots so it isn't like you can do anything else. If AMS is gonna be this effective then I think it should be able to shoot down ballistics too. And from you it sounds like some poor baby never did learn how to avoid missile fire.

#78 Whizbang AGNC

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:34 PM

View PostCurccu, on 14 May 2019 - 11:51 PM, said:

Maybe use more or less missiles, it's ****** mixed bracket builds that don't have enough missiles to punch through multiple AMSs

Having any bracket attached to it is just [lain unrealistic. In reality today an AMS is only x% effective and having it set as more effective against bigger launchers is just plain wrong. Just to make a point i loaded up a MCll-4 with 4 lrm15's. Not one missile got through. And the range on ams is so ridiculous they were shooting them down right out of the launcher. And I still swear I have seen friendly ams shooting down missiles too. It has happened too early in the game to be a light in the backfield as well as with so many team members around they would have been seen.

#79 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:49 PM

View PostWhizbang AGNC, on 16 May 2019 - 07:27 PM, said:

And from you it sounds like some poor baby never did learn how to avoid missile fire.

Just curious, is that your standard insult? You used the same one on PhoenixFire in the other thread.

I am trying to say this as inoffensively as I can. Evading missiles is not the only skill that makes one successful in MWO. It is great that you mastered it, but that is not exactly a rare skill. The fact is that a match score of 210 is about average these days, over all players. You keep picking fights with players that are in the top 10% of players or better. From outside perspective, that leads me to believe they understand the game better than you do, since they outperform you by good amounts.

A number of people that play lock on missiles do so because they have some form of disability that will prevent them from playing anything requiring more twitch skills. This way at least, they can play MWO at all. Fair enough. Just curious, is that the case with you, too?

Because in case it is not, your performance ingame i s currently below average. This indicates to me that you are doing something wrong. If others can do something that you can not, it is possible to learn to do what they can.. So instead of constantly harping about your missile evasion skills, I personally would suggest trying to find out what these people do different than you and see whether it solves your problems.

But hey, what do I know... I probably never learned how to avoid missiles, right? ;)

#80 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 11:31 AM

A counter that counters more then its own wheigt is just plain stupid.
Simple solution for me, playing other games until its balanced a little more again.

View PostCaptain Caveman DE, on 16 May 2019 - 04:45 AM, said:

just an idea: once you stop playing the lurms and start playing the game, things get so much easier, you know..
Posted Image

Not everyone wants it easy. Posted Image

Crying is more easy then adapting,
wanting nerfs is easier then learning ...

Und Leute wie Du sollen meine Rente zahlen?
Mir schwarnt nichts Gutes ...

Edited by Kroete, 17 May 2019 - 11:58 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users