36 replies to this topic

#1 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:05 AM

So the Turkina get's a lot of flak for being basically an "inferior Dire". The reason for this is because it has less pod space due to its 3 locked JJs and being 5 tons lighter while still being the same speed (48.6 kph).

However, with some armor work, you can get to around 43-44 tons of pod space, which is a significant amount of firepower for Clan weapons.

Theorycrafting spread sheet stolen from Fupdup:

Posted Image

There is also a D variant and an H variant compatible with our timeline. The D allows for 6 missile hardpoints spread throughout both arms and torsos. H has 1 ballistic in each torso, and I believe adds a 3E RA to the mix.

Builds that I have identified

2 ERPPC, 1 UAC10 +2t, 2 UAC5 +4t, 18 DHS, armor stripped off RA and some off of legs Prime arm used for the UAC5s, ER PPCs and UAC10 are in the torsos.

2 Gauss + 4t, 2 ER LL, 4 ERML, 18 DHS, some armor stripped off legs

4 UAC10s, 6t ammo (you need some armor stripping here, quite a bit off the legs, and an arm stripped, which means you also need the H variant to go 2 in an arm and 1 in each torso.) Its a lot to squeeze in there, but 3 UAC10s and 1 UAC5 is weird and 2 UAC10s and 2 UAC5s is too light and is much better on the MCII-B.

ATM or LRM boat with the 6 Missiles.. LRM 120 possible with 10 tons of ammo and 16 DHS.. can change that to LRM 110 for an additional HS or more ammo. Can trade the LRMs for ATMs, ATM54 with 16 DHS and 10t ammo... something tells me that would be hot but its possible.

Those would be the ones I would try even though I'm not an LRM fan, 120 LRMs is insane.

So yeah, there are some deadly loadouts there. In the ways of quirks and base agility stats, there is enough leeway to give it some additional bonuses over the Dire to make up for the lack of podspace, and I think it is pretty likely there would be some help there. You can also tack on some JJ quirks like we saw on the Vapor Eagle to highlight that jumping capability and give it something to stand out there as well.

I think this mech would be a nice addition to the Clan assault line up based on both its potential to be unique if PGI does the right thing, as well as for the lore.

Here are some images for ya'll:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 13 March 2019 - 10:38 AM.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:29 AM

LOL at the arm convergence. Ballistics and PPCs are gonna be painful to use when mounted on the arms.

Only reasons people would even think of touching it is the 6 missile slots, and maybe lore. May Lord have mercy if it gets lurmed.

Alex better pull off something beyond amazing to make it attractive for potential purchasers.

#3 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:34 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 13 March 2019 - 10:29 AM, said:

LOL at the arm convergence. Ballistics and PPCs are gonna be painful to use when mounted on the arms.

Only reasons people would even think of touching it is the 6 missile slots, and maybe lore. May Lord have mercy if it gets lurmed.

Alex better pull off something beyond amazing to make it attractive for potential purchasers.

Not bad, Ballistic and PPC build only uses one arm for the UAC5s, everything else is in the torsos. Gauss vomit would use both arms, true, luckily Gauss is very fast.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 13 March 2019 - 10:35 AM.

#4 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:46 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 13 March 2019 - 10:34 AM, said:

Not bad, Ballistic and PPC build only uses one arm for the UAC5s, everything else is in the torsos. Gauss vomit would use both arms, true, luckily Gauss is very fast.

Look at the ST mount distance on all pictures though. Even if all weapons are mounted on STs, the convergence is still bad.

And do we have the info on how many free slots it can have on each location?

Edited by El Bandito, 13 March 2019 - 10:47 AM.

#5 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:50 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 13 March 2019 - 10:46 AM, said:

Look at the ST mount distance on all pictures though. Even if all weapons are mounted on STs, the convergence is still bad.

And do we have the info on how many free slots it can have on each location?

HD - 1
CT - 1
RA/LA - 10
RT/LT - 5
RL/LL - 2

I checked, all the builds work out.

Torsos are a little wide, but its definitely workable. The Fafnir or Dire aren't especially narrow either. Remember that a lot of mechs are slow nowadays.

And then look at the MCII-B... Those arms are wider than the Turkey's STs.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 13 March 2019 - 10:52 AM.

#6 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:15 AM

Next month is Urbie-IIC month.

Posted Image

Also the hitboxes seem to be even more atrocious than these of Derp Woof, if that is imaginable. And yes, it can be made good with quirks, hitboxes and whatnot, but the question will then be why is it (still) not done for the D-Wolf seeing how... niche it is? I am in favour of all the mechs for everyone, but this is more of a gameplay issue. In TT the deciding factor is the availability, but here all the mechs are freely available.

#7 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:20 AM

View PostSniper09121986, on 13 March 2019 - 11:15 AM, said:

Next month is Urbie-IIC month.

Posted Image

Also the hitboxes seem to be even more atrocious than these of Derp Woof, if that is imaginable. And yes, it can be made good with quirks, hitboxes and whatnot, but the question will then be why is it (still) not done for the D-Wolf seeing how... niche it is? I am in favour of all the mechs for everyone, but this is more of a gameplay issue. In TT the deciding factor is the availability, but here all the mechs are freely available.

The Dire really isn't as niche as you think. Its not quite as forgiving as the Annihilator in the yolo queue but in the right hands it's a force.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 13 March 2019 - 11:21 AM.

#8 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:34 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 13 March 2019 - 11:20 AM, said:

The Dire really isn't as niche as you think. Its not quite as forgiving as the Annihilator in the yolo queue but in the right hands it's a force.

Yep, it is niche. And it needs hero omnipods for that. Sure, it can do many other builds, but many other mechs do them better without being so vulnerable. So either they make Turkey good and kill 2/3 of D-Wolf builds or they make it just as bad and just as dead. No easy solutions there.

#9 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:48 AM

View PostSniper09121986, on 13 March 2019 - 11:34 AM, said:

Yep, it is niche. And it needs hero omnipods for that. Sure, it can do many other builds, but many other mechs do them better without being so vulnerable. So either they make Turkey good and kill 2/3 of D-Wolf builds or they make it just as bad and just as dead. No easy solutions there.

No, it isn't. The UV build you are talking about is, sure, but its Gauss vomit and dakka or dakka/ppc builds are good in most situations and put out a ton of damage.

I'm not sure its really that vulnerable, but I am used to using 50-55 kph assaults so it doesn't bug me. Anni and Fafnir builds end up going the same speed so....

#10 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:54 AM

I made a thread about this at some point over the years, people's general consensus is that its wide and ugly and therefore cant be in the game.

Also the JJs.

But also who plays MWO any more at this point?

#11 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:56 AM

The CT on that first Turkina image seems much wider than the rest. Almost a circle instead of an oval twice as long as it is wide.

I personally wouldn't mind a lighter dire with better agility but if PGI makes it turn like a barn, it might as well not exist.

#12 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:59 AM

View PostToothless, on 13 March 2019 - 11:54 AM, said:

I made a thread about this at some point over the years, people's general consensus is that its wide and ugly and therefore cant be in the game.

Also the JJs.

But also who plays MWO any more at this point?

I mean it's third most popular assault in my poll (see sig) after the Stone Rhino and the Phoenix Hawk IIC so it's obviously not that large of a consensus. IMO the game should have all three of those.

View PostNightbird, on 13 March 2019 - 11:56 AM, said:

The CT on that first Turkina image seems much wider than the rest. Almost a circle instead of an oval twice as long as it is wide.

I personally wouldn't mind a lighter dire with better agility but if PGI makes it turn like a barn, it might as well not exist.

Yeah I believe that is a player created art inspired by MWO art. The rest are Btech images. Obviously it's up to the artist to determine actual geometry.

#13 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 13 March 2019 - 03:04 PM

It's a flying saucer with appendages. Hard pass.

#14 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 03:28 PM

We don't need a clan King Crab. Also, Turkina is probably the dumbest name for anything ever that isn't a sandwich.

#15 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:39 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 13 March 2019 - 10:50 AM, said:

HD - 1
CT - 1
RA/LA - 10
RT/LT - 5
RL/LL - 2

I checked, all the builds work out.

Torsos are a little wide, but its definitely workable. The Fafnir or Dire aren't especially narrow either. Remember that a lot of mechs are slow nowadays.

And then look at the MCII-B... Those arms are wider than the Turkey's STs.

Except MCII-B can have all its weapons on the arms, while Turkey can't have them all in the STs and must use an arm or two--which means it will still have wider convergence, and lower mounts than MCII-B, all the while being bigger and slower.

Literally 6M is the only reason for the mech if I ever wish to think of piloting one. Even then if I want a horribad looking missiler I would want Blood Kite instead, for the 1 ton JJs and the fact that Blood Kite is a Battlemech.

Edited by El Bandito, 13 March 2019 - 07:42 PM.

#16 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:52 PM

It's, like, a Clan Nightstar.

#17 Stonefalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,373 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:27 PM

You do realise the Turkina is the clan equivalent of the Nightstar? It would be DOA.

#18 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:34 PM

I have an updated spreadsheet with more variants and the critslot listings.

Posted Image

Still not really interested in this gundam tho.

#19 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:29 PM

View PostY E O N N E, on 13 March 2019 - 07:52 PM, said:

It's, like, a Clan Nightstar.

View PostStonefalcon, on 13 March 2019 - 09:27 PM, said:

You do realise the Turkina is the clan equivalent of the Nightstar? It would be DOA.

:thonking:

#20 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:36 PM

Introduce the Hellstar instead, or whatever.

The tech is within timeline despite its later production date.

There is also the Savage Coyote, which has good set of of hardpoints while being a Battlemech. http://www.sarna.net...i/Savage_Coyote

Edited by El Bandito, 13 March 2019 - 11:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users