31 replies to this topic

#1 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:07 PM

Can we please introduce a penalty system like the team damage or team kill penalty system for players that repeatedly NASCAR. Hell even half their match earnings!

Now I understand that this will be hard to define like repeated left turns in a proximity to other players doing the same thing.

This is becoming a plague in this game and it needs stamping out of players mentality!

#2 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 21 March 2019 - 05:33 AM

nascar works if everyone does it ,but penalizing movment like this will penalize anyone whose scouting ahead to the left or something... no this can be abused too easily.

#3 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 21 March 2019 - 06:28 AM

View Postmad kat, on 20 March 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

Can we please introduce a penalty system like the team damage or team kill penalty system for players that repeatedly NASCAR. Hell even half their match earnings!

Now I understand that this will be hard to define like repeated left turns in a proximity to other players doing the same thing.

This is becoming a plague in this game and it needs stamping out of players mentality!

Don't blow a blood vessel baddie. Better focus on raising that W/L over 1.0, coz otherwise your "expert" tactical opinion looks kinda silly.

#4 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 06:55 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 21 March 2019 - 06:28 AM, said:

Don't blow a blood vessel baddie. Better focus on raising that W/L over 1.0, coz otherwise your "expert" tactical opinion looks kinda silly.

Here we go again..... What relavence does my w/l ratio have to do with it? It obviously hasn't occured to you that maybe it's because (like last night where 7/9 games we got stomped. And don't spout that ignorant common denominator crap.) I seemed to be perpetually teamed up with complete morons who do this exact thing along with the Rambo idea of running off in different directions to solo the red team. There only so much you can do in that case and the game is already over two minutes in

HPG is notoriously bad for this and caustic valley a bit less so but now even mining colony is dropping to it.

#5 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:22 AM

How about we focus on REAL Problems instead? like hit registry, objects you can get stuck on, Real balance?

#6 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:55 AM

View Postmad kat, on 21 March 2019 - 06:55 AM, said:

Here we go again..... What relavence does my w/l ratio have to do with it? It obviously hasn't occured to you that maybe it's because (like last night where 7/9 games we got stomped. And don't spout that ignorant common denominator crap.) I seemed to be perpetually teamed up with complete morons who do this exact thing along with the Rambo idea of running off in different directions to solo the red team. There only so much you can do in that case and the game is already over two minutes in

Your W/L is a direct result of your tactical decisions in-game. You have played over 5k matches, every other factor but you averages itself out over that many games. And since you in fact have a negative impact on your team chances to win, it means that your tactical understanding of this game is poor at best. Your attempt to make others play the game like you want it is just as much of a fail. Do us all a favor, get a clue, find your 'W' button, start being an asset to your team instead of a dead weight and then maybe, finally, you will understand that is in fact you who was a m**on to begin with.

#7 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 09:27 AM

I'll be the first to admit I'm not great. Definitely not. And yes I derp more than I'd care to admit BUT tell me who is derp free. But there's another problem with this game. The inherent elittism, instantly denouncing someone as a bad player. It isn't the first time I've come across it and sure as hell won't be last.

If you were in most of my matches and find yourself four mechs down by the 2/3 minute mark I'd like to see how your stats fair. I'll have a go at defending myself but I know you won't listen I do have several games where I'm one of the highest scoring players on the team

There's a thread or two elsewhere on this for where some has collated data from a number of matches and compared it to player rankings and it was proven that there is indeed a bias on the matchaker frequently pitted lower skilled players against high skilled players. It's one of the reasons I've pretty much stopped watching baradul videos as it's quite apparent in his videos that he fights some potatoes.

Oh by the way I'm such a **** player that I have killed Sean Lang and TTB in previous matches. Posted Image

Edited by mad kat, 21 March 2019 - 01:41 PM.

#8 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:07 AM

View Postmad kat, on 21 March 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

If you were in most of my matches and find yourself four mechs down by the 2/3 minute mark I'd like to see how your stats fair.

I wouldn't be down four mechs because just like decent players on your enemy team are killing four of your potatoes in 2/3 mins, I'd be busy doing exactly the same.

I'll have a go at defending myself but I know you won't listen I do have several games where I'm one of the highest scoring players on the team

And then several more when you are one of the lowest scoring players. You know, it all averages out and ends up in your stats. Your match score suggest you are exactly mediocre and every match that you perform well is balanced by a match where you perform poorly. Again, this is stats, plain facts that have nothing to do with attacking/defending anyone or any kind of elitism.

There's a thread or two elsewhere on this for where some has collated data from a number of matches and compared it to player rankings and it was proven that there is indeed a bias on the matchaker frequently pitted lower skilled players against high skilled players. It's one of the reasons I've pretty much stopped watching baradul videos as it's quite apparent in his videos that he fights some potatoes.

The data is 1) laughable and 2) can not be proven. I can do the exact same thing, gather data from 100 matches and then post only 10 matches that fit whatever argument I am making, while the remaining 90 contradict said argument. Baradul is top 2% player. For him pretty much 80-90% of playerbase are potatoes in comparison.

Oh by the way I'm such a **** player that I have killed Sean Lang and TTB in previous matches.

I have killed Sean Lang about a hundred times over the years this game exists. Doesn't prove anything. You can do it with one scratch damage while somebody else actually makes his CT red for you. Go and kill Sean Lang in a 1v1 Solaris or private lobby, then you can brag about it. Which you won't, coz you can't.

The overall level of your argumentation kinda says all we need to know about the legitimacy of your supposed 'mo**n teammates nascaring' claims as well.

#9 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:25 AM

Whatever dude. When you come down of your high horse then we can carry on.

#10 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:35 AM

[redacted]

Edited by Tina Benoit, 10 May 2019 - 10:16 AM.
name and shame

#11 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:50 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 21 March 2019 - 11:35 AM, said:

Heh ... funny. Can you boys and girls guess what did I just see in a match on Canyon Network? ... None other than mr mad kat, nascaring into the trench ahead of anyone on his team in his Corsair while his teammates are fighting and dieing in the middle. All that unshared armor, all those unshot weapons ... Le Sigh.

These people ... lol.

Seriously what is wrong with you and you're all high and mighty attitude?
I wasn't nascaring in a canyon i was stuck there with a catapult and a mad dog as we tried in vain to fire at people on the ramp. If you had any insight you'd of seen that all three of us were pinned down and had been for a little time and my corsair had all close range weapons so couldn't do much do the people that were out of range.

If you bothered to look you would of seen that average match score for the team was poor and i was in fact in the top third of players on that match. So hardly wasted weapons and armour.....

I think you need to wind your ego in as you like others are coming dangerously close to the elitist snobs that litter this forum. Go ahead google MWO elitism!

#12 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:56 PM

View Postmad kat, on 21 March 2019 - 11:50 AM, said:

Seriously what is wrong with you and you're all high and mighty attitude?

Oh? ... So its me barking on the forum that people who aren't playing the way I want it should be penalized?
Or maybe its me doing exactly the same thing I suggest people get penalized for in my matches?

Dude. Get a good look in the mirror before you post anything about egos and elitism.

View Postmad kat, on 21 March 2019 - 11:50 AM, said:

I wasn't nascaring in a canyon i was stuck there with a catapult and a mad dog as we tried in vain to fire at people on the ramp. If you had any insight you'd of seen that all three of us were pinned down and had been for a little time and my corsair had all close range weapons so couldn't do much do the people that were out of range.

Oh no buddy, you don't BS me. You nascared away from your team with those MadDog and a Jester, when you started taking fire from me on the top of the canyon after you turned the corner all three of you got scared and dropped into a canyon, thus nascaring even further ahead and effectively ending your match, because without JJs your Corsair and the MadDog couldn't get back up, and you were too scared to push ahead with three mechs against one on overwatch. And all three minutes you've wasted in that trench poking aimlessly at me from 700m and not doing any damage the rest of your team was getting slaughtered in the center of the map.

#13 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:23 PM

The only one here 'Barking' is you. The thread was started perfectly civil until you turned up.

So let's see what the mods do with this thread.
Close it with any luck as it's going nowhere other than demonstrating just how toxic this game is getting.

Edited by mad kat, 21 March 2019 - 01:28 PM.

#14 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:06 PM

@op
I disagree with you

Nascar is great when your team mates are not very good and the enemy team is a bit not very good also.
The idea is , if we can kill the enemies not so good players before our not so good players die, we will win the game.
So you gotta be fast, zoom zoom

If match maker worked , I wouldn't have to NASCAR,as focus fire would be more common, just like reversing team mates are now.

Also if match maker worked, you'd be playing with pilots your own level who hate nascar and stuff as much as you.

Therefore I propose that the problem is not in fact NASCAR but match maker.

After all you and Phoniex55 got matched up in a match, and both your stats look mighty diferent.
IMO you guys should never be in the same game. But alas, match maker did it not NASCAR.

Also I dont believe NASCAR can be stopped any more than flanking can be stopped, as NASCAR is a type of flanking IMO

Resistance is futile

Learn it, master it, luv it

Shake and Bake

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 21 March 2019 - 02:10 PM.

#15 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:49 PM

Well said. The matchmaker is indeed buggered but I wouldn't be surprised if PGI have turned it off to keep wait times down as the active population is so small.

Certainly if the last 48hrs is anything to go buy with stomp after stomp after stomp there is definitely something amiss. Call it what you will.

As for the NASCAR it works for the faster mechs but when assaults are straight up abandoned they're helpless. It's not about killing each team's slightly worse players first they must just simply be unable to keep up with the team that runs away.

Edited by mad kat, 22 March 2019 - 12:05 AM.

#16 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:55 PM

I've been that assault mech too, the 1st to die in a NASCAR.
Having my team mates win the game for me makes it a pill slightly less bitter.

Im just saying nascar is part of the game and I don't think banning or penalising it, is the answer.

#17 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 06:00 PM

To tell you the truth, I really don't see nascar as a problem, it doesn't detract from the game experience for me at all. I have a hard time imaging how punishing nascar would end well for anyone. And I mean that as politely as I can.

The only reasonable way I can see to prevent nascar, (if it really is even a problem.) is to change the map designs. And nothing more that. Otherwise you'd probably have to redesign MWO from the ground up.

Nascar; to me; is just an inherent consequence for having a game like MWO. You can try to change it, but I think it's really misguided. How about this? Start by telling us why you hate nascar in the first place, then we can at least try to figure out way to alleviate (not solve). Your problem.

Edited by Livaria, 21 March 2019 - 06:05 PM.

#18 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 12:16 AM

View PostLivaria, on 21 March 2019 - 06:00 PM, said:

Start by telling us why you hate nascar in the first place, then we can at least try to figure out way to alleviate (not solve). Your problem.

Basically means if you're driving anything slow you have to predict where your team is going to go and obviously with all slow mechs keeping a beady eye on that minimap is essential. But there are many matches where even if you do predict a NASCAR (like 80% ~ of HPG and caustic valley matches i'm in) you simply cannot keep up with the team.

As you say about the map design is part of the problem HPG, Caustic valley, even mining colony and tourmaline desert has this issue (valley of death) but to a slightly lesser degree.

To solve it is easy, to simply accept it, go with the flow and don't drive anything that's slower than 65Kph minimum. But then that gets tedious doing the same thing every time. Hence why i loathe HPG network as it never used to be this bad and predictable on that map.

I've been trying to move into assaults more lately (from my preferred medium class and 'exiting' living on a razors edge light class) and this 'tactic' is really hurting my fatties. I'm no stat warrior, gave up on that ages ago btw.

#19 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:35 AM

View Postmad kat, on 22 March 2019 - 12:16 AM, said:

Basically means if you're driving anything slow you have to predict where your team is going to go and obviously with all slow mechs keeping a beady eye on that minimap is essential. But there are many matches where even if you do predict a NASCAR (like 80% ~ of HPG and caustic valley matches i'm in) you simply cannot keep up with the team.

As you say about the map design is part of the problem HPG, Caustic valley, even mining colony and tourmaline desert has this issue (valley of death) but to a slightly lesser degree.

To solve it is easy, to simply accept it, go with the flow and don't drive anything that's slower than 65Kph minimum. But then that gets tedious doing the same thing every time. Hence why i loathe HPG network as it never used to be this bad and predictable on that map.

I've been trying to move into assaults more lately (from my preferred medium class and 'exiting' living on a razors edge light class) and this 'tactic' is really hurting my fatties. I'm no stat warrior, gave up on that ages ago btw.
get bigger engine.

#20 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:45 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 22 March 2019 - 04:35 AM, said:

get bigger engine.

This might come as a surprise to you Vixen; but that is what I call a "deal with it" solution. It completely ignores the original problem. It solves the problem by pretty much ignoring it. Making your mech fast doesn't help slow mechs, does it?

And if we're excluding slow mechs from the game, that's a potential playstyle that's completely excluded. People want variety, so why not at least give it an honest shot to accommodate it? Before writing it off completely without a chance that is.

So... what if, we modified the drop locations to favor slower mechs; especially on maps prone to nascar? Imagine the slower mechs being dropped close to the center, and faster mechs being dropped farther away. Mechs below 60KPH will enter the battle faster and the Nascar will take longer to form. That's a good opportunity to get some performance out of a lumbering hulk.

How about it?

Edited by Livaria, 22 March 2019 - 04:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users