#21 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:00 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 26 March 2019 - 03:53 AM, said:

What do you guys think, should I preorder?

That's entirely up to you. Pre-ordering any game no matter if it's from a triple A company or a small indie developer is always a big risk unless you are 100% certain that you will be satisfied with what you'll get no matter the outcome. The Forest was the only game that I could personally remember that I pre-ordered in alpha and enjoyed completely even after the final release, just because that development team held up to their promises. They are even still doing soft updates to the game even though it was done with early access way long ago.

I would pre-order MW5 only if you absolutely love the IS tech base, are really fascinated with battletech before the clan invasion era, want all the stuff that you get in MW:O if you pre-purchase the game (it's not a bad value even if MW5 tanks) and are willing to bank on the modding community and PGI to deliver. I am eventually going to pick it up after release and when I see all of the modding tools that the game has to offer. I'm particularly interested in the Co-op feature since that was never done in an official Mechwarrior game besides a third party MW4 mod.

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 26 March 2019 - 07:00 AM.

#22 lobsterhierarchy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:15 AM

View PostDionnsai, on 26 March 2019 - 06:36 AM, said:

How many AAA games are bought and only played for 1 week-1 month?

That said, I would like to see some sort of rough roadmap for MWO beyond the MW5 release, commitment to client upgrades and improvements, etc...

Also if pgi thinks it through, they'll find ways to funnel new MW5 players into MWO

I enjoyed but burned through Metro Exodus under a week, and I’m the OCD, have to explore everything type.

I agree about the concrete roadmap. The “we are sort of kind of trying to maybe improve the game but we aren’t telling” transparency has been troubling. No announcements of any maps or any non mech related improvements for the game.

Again, I enjoy the game, but the community dying out due to lack of dev support and low replacement rates does not make me want to invest in the ship going down. I hate to say it too, but the mech meta doesn’t help either. New mech coming out that do not have the optimum qualities to compete with a hellbringer or blood asp, a sleipnir and an assassin, get left in the dirt. I like trying to make builds work, but there’s only so much I can do to make something like a hellspawn compete :P

#23 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 27 March 2019 - 01:19 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 26 March 2019 - 06:30 AM, said:

Its gonna be a game where you'll be able to lrm pve to your hearts content while feeling like a god of the battlefield without any of those "toxic players" (anyone who disagrees with you or shoots DF at you)

This game is practically being made for people like you

Ha. This is rich.
If there is a deep economy.
LRMs are gonna have a BAD TIME.
You see.
I recall a time in MW3 and MW4 where I found if I boated LASERS my payouts went farther in the budget.
IMAGINE THAT! ACs and Missile weapons COST C-Bills. (Special ammo such as TAG and Artemis equipped missiles COST EVEN MORE!)
I think you and some other people are gonna find out the same way too late.
Makes me wish for the days of MWO Repair and Rearm to come back.
I can see the forum cry now.
Delicious.

Edited by HammerMaster, 27 March 2019 - 01:21 PM.

#24 JRcam4643

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 27 March 2019 - 01:39 PM

If you don't enjoy solo play then I would agree since it's the only worth while game mode available. I personally like solo play and I'm happy with PGI for bringing back older maps and the latest LRM change.

#25 Geewiz 27

• PipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:00 PM

View PostVellron2005, on 26 March 2019 - 03:53 AM, said:

Personally, I'm torn myself, over weather or not to preorder MW5..

I was originally gonna do that.. but then PGI kinda let me down with this latest patch, Warhammer IIC bugs and the Blood Asp fiasko.. so now I'm torn.. to invest my trust and money in them, or not?

All the things I saw in videos of MW5 so far seem enticing.. but they have delivered sub-par products before..

And it is a considerable amount of money for me..

So I'm just torn..

What do you guys think, should I preorder?

I think you should by it. I waited for a while before pre-ordering then I decided to get the Standard pre order for $50.00 because lets face it anyone who has played more then a 1000 games in MWO is going to enjoy it enough to justify buying it. Also I thought the standard pre order was the way to go because that's most likely what they will be asking for after it has been released so you might as well get some free stuff for MWO while you can.

#26 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:36 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 25 March 2019 - 01:30 PM, said:

IS omnis will never be in this game.

Fake news

#27 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 27 March 2019 - 03:04 PM

View PostHammerMaster, on 27 March 2019 - 01:19 PM, said:

Ha. This is rich.
If there is a deep economy.
LRMs are gonna have a BAD TIME.
You see.
I recall a time in MW3 and MW4 where I found if I boated LASERS my payouts went farther in the budget.
IMAGINE THAT! ACs and Missile weapons COST C-Bills. (Special ammo such as TAG and Artemis equipped missiles COST EVEN MORE!)
I think you and some other people are gonna find out the same way too late.
Makes me wish for the days of MWO Repair and Rearm to come back.
I can see the forum cry now.
Delicious.

It won't matter it's a single player game developed by people I know can't do AI, that I'm sure will have a super easy difficulty level (possibly with unlimited ammo and no heat options). I don't remember MW3, but in MW4 you only really struggled for resources for the first couple of missions, after a little while you could afford whatever you wanted no matter what you used. In MW4 mercs I just farmed through the whole solaris campaign early on and had the money to pay for whatever for the rest of the game

#28 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 27 March 2019 - 03:06 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 27 March 2019 - 03:04 PM, said:

It won't matter it's a single player game developed by people I know can't do AI, that I'm sure will have a super easy difficulty level (possibly with unlimited ammo and no heat options). I don't remember MW3, but in MW4 you only really struggled for resources for the first couple of missions, after a little while you could afford whatever you wanted no matter what you used. In MW4 mercs I just farmed through the whole solaris campaign early on and had the money to pay for whatever for the rest of the game

Until it's out.
We won't know if the economy will be configurable or even worth it.
Roll that dice.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users