• 1,029 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 05:34 PM

But why Mountain Line camo?

#42 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 29 March 2019 - 07:11 PM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 29 March 2019 - 05:34 PM, said:

I bet you that Matt Newman could answer with "Y Not?"... :P

But, yeah, really... Why not? It does coincide with April 1st (aka "April Fools Day") of 2019 happening. Also, we all know that people like doing layering of paints on Easter Eggs in similar fashion to the Mountain Line Camo that we use on our Mechs here in the MWO game. Effectively, it all connects. :D

The only hitch is that not all Mechs look so great in the Mountain Line Camo as a particular choice. I learned that the hard way earlier today while checking a few Mechs against that Camo. :unsure:

~D. V. "It's just that time of year, give or take the caveats, isn't it?" Devnull

#43 JEFFERoW2

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 08:34 PM

I'll wait for the next sale. Need more Mechbays.Posted Image

#44 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 09:45 PM

You know there is a super secret awesome way on scoring a few extra mechbays free ,known only to a select inner circle illuminati leadership ruling our planet .

Sell your mechs that suck or you never play with ....

Edited by Pain G0D, 29 March 2019 - 09:51 PM.

#45 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 11:13 PM

But the Dervish has not yet been released. What do I do until it is?

#46 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 30 March 2019 - 01:26 AM

View PostPain G0D, on 29 March 2019 - 09:45 PM, said:

You know there is a super secret awesome way on scoring a few extra mechbays free ,known only to a select inner circle illuminati leadership ruling our planet .

Shhh you cant say that in public places, the 'never sell' hardliners will get triggered!

Posted Image

#47 Wheels

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 37 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 30 March 2019 - 05:05 AM

So you complain about a Mech sale because there are no Mech Bays for sale too! Dude, buy the mech bays when they come on sale from 300 MC to 150 MC, I have 10 empty mech bays at any given time, you never know when they will have a sale on a Hero or two and I hate paying full price for mech bays. But not buying them when they are on sale then complaining about the mech bay not being on sale when they put a mech you want on sale. Is like you're crying into your ice cream then complaining about the salty taste. Next time the mech bays go on sale have a note to buy 5 or 10, and if you bought the MC when it was 30% more MC sale then those mech bays will cost you so much less, but I digress because then you won't have anything to complain about, Ah, I see it now ;)

#48 Wheels

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 37 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 30 March 2019 - 05:12 AM

SELL A MECH!

WHAT ARE YOU CRAZY!

NEVER SELL A MECH!

You get a pittance in return for your hard-earned MC/CB, besides a crappy mech now is only a new weapon or configuration away from being a Great mech. Though with the Vindicator I'm still waiting for that great configuration to make it even useful. Now watch the comments about how great their Vindicators are...

#49 Tsukimi

• PipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 36 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 March 2019 - 06:00 AM

View PostWheels, on 30 March 2019 - 05:12 AM, said:

SELL A MECH!

WHAT ARE YOU CRAZY!

NEVER SELL A MECH!

You get a pittance in return for your hard-earned MC/CB, besides a crappy mech now is only a new weapon or configuration away from being a Great mech. Though with the Vindicator I'm still waiting for that great configuration to make it even useful. Now watch the comments about how great their Vindicators are...

I have to aggree. Between the amount that you get for a selling a mech even when you purchased them on a half price sale it isn't really worth it. I also only buy mechs that are pretty much staples of DCMS, Wolf's Dragoons, and Clan Wolf (in-exile as well). Soon to add Clan Nova Cat to the mix due to their relation to DCMS as of the Civil War era. At least after I get the last few in the game that are staples of those 3 that I am still missing.

Hero Mechs, Free/reward/gift and Extra mechs in the mech packs can bypass the restrictions I placed on myself when started the game but the mech packs have to contain at least 1 "staple" variant to even be purchased by me. ie Warhammer, Marauder and Origin IIC Packs.

#50 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 30 March 2019 - 07:22 AM

SELL A MECH!

WHAT ARE YOU CRAZY!

NEVER SELL A MECH!

Only mech iv ever owned and sold to pull a 180 was the kintaro, rest are still in the **** basket. (Though I sold a lot and never gave them any second chances when I caved to the faction play hype and sold off all my clan stuff to fund a larger dedicated IS deck - don't really regret the loss of the clam stuff but was a pointless gesture given how FP turned out lol.) Even spending money to buy mechs specifically for various events and kitting out four vulcan's im still sitting on 85M cbills and nothing to use it on till like......dervish goes out for mc/cbills.

#51 eminus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 604 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 10:00 AM

View PostPain G0D, on 29 March 2019 - 09:45 PM, said:

Posted Image

#52 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 01:56 PM

SELL A MECH!

WHAT ARE YOU CRAZY!

NEVER SELL A MECH!

I just sold my marauder IIc 8 to free a mechbay for my new shiny blood asp hero . I have no regrets . Cbills are fake currency you score every match win or lose . Buying a cbill mech at 50 percent discount means you gain all your cbills if you sell it .

I would never sell my hero mechs I paid mc for or any of my mech pack mechs that I paid real money for but any mech I paid cbills for is fair game .

Sometimes I need a quick cbill boost or garage space for say some Event requirement that rewards me a free mechbay or mc . I have no problem selling a cbill mech even a favorite one. Sometimes I need to buy so and so mechs for an event but I don't want those mechs or don't have the space . I buy that mech do whatever get my prize then sell that mech .

#53 Churzy

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 07:46 AM

View PostDarkFhoenix, on 30 March 2019 - 01:56 PM, said:

Buying a cbill mech at 50 percent discount means you gain all your cbills if you sell it .

Yes and no. The full return only applies to stock builds, and any other investments (be that equipment, or skill points) will be completely lost.
That is to say, for them to be essentially free, they need to run stock builds and no skills - which is basically a Trial mech.

I will admit, however, having used the 50% sales to get my hands on some expensive gear (like Engines or large Ballistics) at a discount - because buying a Mech at half price, grabbing the pieces you need and reselling what is left results in a 50% off those pieces... Posted Image

#54 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 01:57 PM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 29 March 2019 - 05:34 PM, said:

Probably because Minimum to zero interest in buying that . XD

Edited by DarkFhoenix, 31 March 2019 - 02:08 PM.

#55 MFZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 03:21 PM

Darn. Somehow I now have 3 Thanatos 5S.
Must
pay
attention.

#56 Chili con Carne

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 10:40 PM

Actually, I was wanting to get festive with my alt account(this one) and was hoping for a St. Paddy's sale on like greens golds, and greys to spend all my event MC on, but alas.

#57 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 03 April 2019 - 04:48 AM

View PostPain G0D, on 28 March 2019 - 10:25 PM, said:

Weirdest name for a mech sale ever .

I think they were going for a phallic pun ?

#58 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 03 April 2019 - 05:22 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 03 April 2019 - 04:48 AM, said:

I think they were going for a phallic pun ?

That would be pretty bad if they were, given that we are not supposed to be getting into things about certain particular human body parts. I don't think that Matt Newman was really trying to do that kind of thing, however. *facedesk* -_-

~D. V. "Why do people think of these gutter-minded things?" Devnull

#59 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 03 April 2019 - 06:53 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 03 April 2019 - 05:22 AM, said:

That would be pretty bad if they were, given that we are not supposed to be getting into things about certain particular human body parts. I don't think that Matt Newman was really trying to do that kind of thing, however. *facedesk* Posted Image

~D. V. "Why do people think of these gutter-minded things?" Devnull

That's the thing about puns.. you never really know what they were goin for.. let's u get away with things Posted Image

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 03 April 2019 - 06:55 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users