• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 04 April 2019 - 06:01 PM

View PostKrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn, on 04 April 2019 - 03:31 PM, said:

Argus next?

The most recently announced mech is an IS medium (Dervish), so it's almost guaranteed to be a Clan mech. I'm expecting a light mech since it's the weight class the Clans haven't had for the longest so far (most recent is heavy, then assault, then medium, then finally the fourth most recent was Clan light).

Edited by FupDup, 04 April 2019 - 06:01 PM.

#23 Lexandro Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 108 posts
  • LocationHungary, Budapest

Posted 04 April 2019 - 09:30 PM

View PostFupDup, on 04 April 2019 - 06:01 PM, said:

The most recently announced mech is an IS medium (Dervish), so it's almost guaranteed to be a Clan mech. I'm expecting a light mech since it's the weight class the Clans haven't had for the longest so far (most recent is heavy, then assault, then medium, then finally the fourth most recent was Clan light).

Me too...I hope, the Fire Moth will be come soon...after all,it is half ready for PGI, the chassis is the same as Mist Lynx.
Posted Image

#24 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 677 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 04 April 2019 - 10:03 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 04 April 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

They will do what they always do and kill mobility or "fix the hit boxes". Trust me, once they're everywhere and the crying starts they will be nerfed.

Basically by doing a pseudo-bait and switch tactic like they do for all mechs? Other games do it too though...all in the name of "balance." The Clans have been neutered enough. I'm not saying Inner Sphere is OP but the Clans can hardly hold their own most of the time (not everyone is a super competitive top tier player which represents a small percentage of the community). I'm sure the Vapor Eagle will be nerfed in some manner. And if they buff them it'll be something ******** like "+15% machine gun ROF"....and it has like 2 ballistic hardpoints xD.

#25 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 05 April 2019 - 04:10 AM

View PostLexandro Wolf, on 04 April 2019 - 09:30 PM, said:

Me too...I hope, the Fire Moth will be come soon...after all,it is half ready for PGI, the chassis is the same as Mist Lynx.

Due to its already high top speed and MASC, the Dasher isn't possible in the current engine. They could do an adaption to keep its speed in line.

Other options:
Baboon/Howler: 20t battlemech with only 3 variants

Bear Cub: 25t battlemech, only 3 canon variants
Arbalest: 25t battlemech, 4 canon variants, one of which is/could be a hero mech
Locust IIC: 25t battlemech - this could work
Solitaire: 25t battlemech, only 2 variants, one of which is too fast for the current engine
Fire Falcon: 25t omnimech - also possible

Hellion: 30t omnimech - another possibility
Pack Hunter/Pack Hunter II - both are similar 30t battlemechs with several variants each

Urbanmech IIC: Only 2 canon variants, 1 of which uses a weapon system that we might not see in MWO.
Peregrine/Horned Owl: 35t battlemech with some variants
Spirit: 35t battlemech with only 2 variants
Ocelot: 35t battlemech, few variants

I omitted a few that are produced much later in the timeline, or have only 1 configuration, or use too much not (yet) introduced tech. Urbanmech IIC is only in the list due to popular demand. Posted Image

Edited by Buenaventura, 05 April 2019 - 04:11 AM.

#26 Lexandro Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 04:59 AM

View PostBuenaventura, on 05 April 2019 - 04:10 AM, said:

Other options:

Yes, but the Fire Moth is a classic clan battlemech (like Nova, Mist Lynx, Timber Wolf, ect) from TRO3050... :)

#27 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 05 April 2019 - 05:25 AM

View PostLexandro Wolf, on 05 April 2019 - 04:59 AM, said:

Yes, but the Fire Moth is a classic clan battlemech (like Nova, Mist Lynx, Timber Wolf, ect) from TRO3050... Posted Image

Thats not the point, you want to bring a mech that could probably do 250kph with masc and speed tweak into THIS engine? HSR and hitreg would have a stroke.

Posted Image

#28 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 01:42 PM

Today is release day right??

#29 Lexandro Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 04:59 PM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 05 April 2019 - 05:25 AM, said:

Thats not the point, you want to bring a mech that could probably do 250kph with masc and speed tweak into THIS engine? HSR and hitreg would have a stroke.

no, I want ALL classis clan mech in my collect. :)

#30 Gilgamecc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 11:31 AM

View Post-Ramrod-, on 03 April 2019 - 07:05 PM, said:

Too bad the Vapor Eagle is garbage...like almost every mech has been over the past year...except the Blood Asp and Champion. It's why I stopped with the Warhammer IIC. Been burned too many times by bad mech after bad mech after bad mech. They somehow have this idea in there head that Clans not only dominate in ranged fights but also brawling. The problem with the Vapor Eagle is that there are mechs similar in size that can do anything it can do but only better or at least on par. It's maneuverability is atrocious. I was really hoping this thing would be the Clan version of the Phoenix Hawk. Make it more maneuverable than other mechs in its weight class. Instead it handles like the Mayflower. A stormcrow is much more mobile, better hitboxes and enough tonnage for weapons to be as versatile. The Huntsman can do anything the Vapor Eagle can but only better. If you speed the Vapor Eagle up it loses too much tonnage for weaponry that is necessary to hold its own because its so freakin gigantic and handles like an oil tanker. And at that point you might as well use a Stormcrow. If you slow it down you might as well use a Huntsman. Better hitboxes and similar hardpoints. And because the mech is so huge it makes it a poor scout and/or skirmisher. It lacks the armor needed to really be sustainable in a long drawn out fire fight. I know many others may disagree but I just think its a Jack of All Trades and master of none.

I used the VGL-2 with UAC10s and an HLL to good effect in this match, even though we lost. I think it did 800.

Posted Image

I want the Peregrine.

Edited by Gilgamecc, 06 April 2019 - 11:34 AM.

#31 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 06 April 2019 - 02:28 PM

View PostLexandro Wolf, on 04 April 2019 - 09:30 PM, said:

Posted Image

The Fire Moth just needs to be in the game so someone can recreate the training sequence from MW2.

Edited by Ed Steele, 06 April 2019 - 02:35 PM.

#32 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 07 April 2019 - 11:03 PM

View Post-Ramrod-, on 03 April 2019 - 07:05 PM, said:

Too bad the Vapor Eagle is garbage...like almost every mech has been over the past year...except the Blood Asp and Champion. It's why I stopped with the Warhammer IIC. Been burned too many times by bad mech after bad mech after bad mech. They somehow have this idea in there head that Clans not only dominate in ranged fights but also brawling. The problem with the Vapor Eagle is that there are mechs similar in size that can do anything it can do but only better or at least on par. It's maneuverability is atrocious. I was really hoping this thing would be the Clan version of the Phoenix Hawk. Make it more maneuverable than other mechs in its weight class. Instead it handles like the Mayflower. A stormcrow is much more mobile, better hitboxes and enough tonnage for weapons to be as versatile. The Huntsman can do anything the Vapor Eagle can but only better. If you speed the Vapor Eagle up it loses too much tonnage for weaponry that is necessary to hold its own because its so freakin gigantic and handles like an oil tanker. And at that point you might as well use a Stormcrow. If you slow it down you might as well use a Huntsman. Better hitboxes and similar hardpoints. And because the mech is so huge it makes it a poor scout and/or skirmisher. It lacks the armor needed to really be sustainable in a long drawn out fire fight. I know many others may disagree but I just think its a Jack of All Trades and master of none.

VGL is regarded as one of the best medium 'Mechs in game right now. For example, name one other medium 'Mech that can mount 2 gauss rifles and four medium lasers? How about 5 UAC 2s? 3 ER PPCs? Huntsman and Stormcrow are trash tier compared tp the VGL as they are engine locked omni-mechs. The VGL can easily gain 4-5 tons by dropping engine size / heatsinks / jump jets. The one thing the VGL can't do is tank, which is probably for the best.

Edited by RickySpanish, 07 April 2019 - 11:05 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users