Black Lions?

46 replies to this topic

#1 Tilley

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationTN

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:26 PM

Looking for my former lancers from MW:3 and 4...I was MadMax back then and Drifter was a co-leader.

Signed,

Tilley

Edited by Tilley, 26 December 2011 - 09:26 PM.

#2 BLiSTerING

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:42 AM

Yo Max!

Wuz trawling the net and look what i found? You looking for drift? He still uses his old email, last i communicated with him was a year and 6 month back....

Sting

#3 GaussDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:41 AM

I remember you guys! I remember Drifter always in his Thor as well as X Factor.

#4 Tilley

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationTN

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:18 PM

Ha! I remember both of you and yes X-Factor was a beast in his Nova Cat. I'm currently working on the wife to get a new laptop so that I can enjoy Mechwarrior once more. I'll probably go back to MadMaxx callsign instead of my Xbox live ID as TilleyMNPD. Look me up if you guys are on 360. Hey Sting, I don't have Drifter's e-mail address. Could you shoot me an message and let me know? I'd like to see what that crazy Thor driver is up to.

DFA Agent
{BL} MadMaxx

#5 Tilley

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationTN

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:37 PM

Found this insert on a deleted Lycos site that was cached.

"It is worth noting that MechWarrior 4 had a deep history of different clans online. This was before the integration of clans into games and the players took it upon themselves to make and maintain websites among other things. Well known clans that are remembered here in honor and for histories sake are, The Scorpion Kings {SK}, The Black Lions (BL), The Death Scythes(and sworn enemies of the scorpion kings) DDK, The Stone Temple Pilots (STP) The Elite Warriors(EW), The 55th Northern Raiders(55th), The Renegade Warriors(RW), and many others."

I have no idea who posted it, but I am starting to remember more of these old clans as I pillage the internet.

#6 GaussDragon

• 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:10 PM

Ya I came across that too recently. I can roughly date it because STP came into existence sometime in late 2002, early 2003 and it was comprised of some ex 55th members. Those clans also mostly operated in unpatched, so whoever wrote that probably spent most time there.

#7 BLiSTerING

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:14 PM

max, gimme your addy. I w send u drift's email address,(if he still looks at it)

For a blast of nostalgia, visit our website which is archived for eternity....All Hail the Black Lions!!

http://web.archive.o...s.com/home.html

#8 Powerslave

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationKCMO

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:16 AM

Hey. This is Powerslave. Just wanted to make a correction on STP. It stood for Sun Temple Pilots. Good to see some old names here. Would like to get back into it if I could figure out how to. Lol. Yeah me and Nubbins started story. Had some good peps.

#9 Powerslave

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationKCMO

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:32 AM

My auto correct sucks on this phone

#10 GaussDragon

• 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:33 AM

Now there's a name I haven't heard in awhile. You still use pink font on MSN? lol

#11 Tilley

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationTN

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:01 PM

Thanks for the link Sting! It was great reading through some of that old stuff.

#12 Tilley

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationTN

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:23 PM

An exerpt from the beginning of the Black Lions..

[color="red"]Fallen Red[/color]

The Universe had witnessed many wars throughout its history. They began long ago , on a planet called Terra... A world long since lost.. A place long since forgotten. From Terra humans expanded , and with them came more wars. The Succession Wars , the Clan Wars , and eventually.. War between the Kerensky Clans themselves. Decades of war...Centuries of war. From the ashes of the once strong forces of Kerensky a new civilation arose though. One not unlike the one the clans had hoped to bring to the innersphere..an age they wouldn't have pictured in their worst nightmares.

With most of the fighting over, those who survived looked forward to peace...But as human history had proven , there would be little of that to come. The fractions of society , eerily similar to what was once known as the Star league , again fell into war. A terrible war that left no one unscathed. Planets were lost... Whole star systems were deserted. Some speak of the very stars themselves being used as weapons. Human History as it has been known to do , repeated itself for the thousandth time as the bright , new civilization plunged head first into the dark ages.

Out of the darkness 7 orders emerged though... Some new , some almost reconizable as the last remnants of an age long lost. This is where the wages of blood, iron, and fire created a new way of life. Past dreams of peace were forgotten as the word peace itself became synonamos only with death. The first four went quickly.. Not strong enough to stand the most important test.. time. Only three remained after that. The "Silent Red" clan , "Blitzen Dawn" , and the "Iron Hawks." Blitzen Dawn and the Iron Hawks would later combine to take down the Silent Red in what would be known for many years as the Battle of Syan , named after the particular crater the Silent Red were finally driven into.

A lone summoner, it’s pilot knocked unconscious, wandered aimlessly towards the horizon. Alongside the cabin was the pilot’s name: [SR] Drifter , a liuetenant. He was knocked unconscious during the heavy fighting, leaving fate to guide him to safety. The Silent Red had lost, but not easily, taking down the forces of Blitzen Dawn and crippling the Steel Hawks before they drew their final breaths. Jason Worthing , call sign Drifter , awoke to find himself inside a mechbay. The autopilot on the Summoner had taken him back to the last surviving hangar, where it would later be serviced. The nearly half-destroyed and abandoned mech center was far from perfect , but for his plans it would have to do. He would form a new order , and with it take back what little of society remained.. [img]http://web.archive.org/web/20021010215927im_/http://www.black-lions.com/skdrifter.jpg[/img]

[color="red"]The Beginning[/color]

A week had passed since the nearly fragged Summoner arrived at the mechbay. Jason had taken refuge in this forgotten place, hoping that somehow, someone from his clan had survived. His Summoner was in disrepair, a mere shadow of it's former more deadly presence. He had expected to die here, in this desolate wasteland....suddenly, a noise outside breaks the silence. Drawing his Ares level 5 assault pistol, Jason took cover. A wounded MadCat peeked through the doors of the large hanger. It was mech from a rival clan, it's sides adorned with lightning bolts... the identifying mark of a Blitzen Dawn pilot. Jason knew he was in trouble. One wrong glance and his life would be exterminated by 30,000 degrees of pulse laser. The Cat moved into the hanger. Then, to Jason's disbelief, it shut down. Sweat poured from his forehead. This moment could be the end. After surviving this far, to die now would be a certain sign that fate laughed at this war-torn hero.

The new arrival jumped down from his cockpit, yielding the sight of a sternly built man, blatant flaming red hair with blonde tips in a messed up pointed fashion. "G'day mate!", he yelled into the open. Jason didn't move, his barrel pointed for a kill shot. There was little to do but fire... in these times, he had no choice. There was no need to trust anyone. He was here, he was living, he had made it this far..."Come on out a'there, don't be thinking that warm body o'yers escaped my reticle. I'm not 'ere ta fight ya." Jason's notions did not change, his barrel remaining fixed on the man with a foreign accent. why take chances? But he did... something told him not to fire, to hold back. Jason stepped into the open. "Who are you? Hands up! Why are you here?!" Jason held his gun up high, letting the new pilot know who was in control. "I ain't got mucha choice mate, m'clans been wiped out." said the stranger. Jason smirked, he had this guy by the balls. "I'm doing just fine here by myself... mate.", adding a little sarcasm to his tone. "Well ,M'names Maximillion Gorinsky, but to me mates I'm just MadMax." Max was a dedicated sergeant for the Blitzen Dawn clan, which was also wiped out during the war of seven. He had survived using his instincts, and by mere chance. The two already had something in common. "Worthing's the name, I too was stranded during the battle. I was with the Silent Red." The two pilots recollected the battles they had fought, what probably happened in the outside world since then... and where they were now. Soon they had grown to be good friends, using spare parts from the hanger and Max's Madcat to make the Thor atleast drivable. They worked all through the night for weeks, resting during the day...the light from 3 suns was often to much to bare for common labor. Sometimes Jason thought he could see a mighty Lion roaming across the desert floor... it appeared black and distorted from the mirage. Now, Drifter had to be like a lion, and he had to act quickly. Time was running out and he n eeded new mechs, new pilots, and a new territory to begin the search. A search for peace for himself, and revenge for his fallen comrades."

{B.L.}MadMaxx (retired)

#13 BLiSTerING

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:57 PM

Hey Power.been a long time... Hi GaussDragon. Still in your Daishi? LOL

#14 GaussDragon

• 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:35 AM

View PostBLiSTerING, on 09 January 2012 - 03:57 PM, said:

Hey Power.been a long time... Hi GaussDragon. Still in your Daishi? LOL

If I'm playing attrition, sure. :lol:

#15 JimmyT

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:36 PM

{B.L.} Rawk from the Hell Fyre Lance reporting.

Still wondering what all this is about. But if it's a means to meet up with my old clan buddies, then I'm in. What games are ya playing these days?

Mine's BF3, BF3 and.. oh yeah, BF3.

#16 Tilley

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationTN

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

Howdy Rawk..also BF3 and it better be on Xbox360 :lol: Look me up, Tilleymnpd

#17 BLiSTerING

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:29 AM

HiHo Rawk-0

How goes it? Max, looks like my spam mail to all former BLs is working. LOL...Anyone seen the crazy Thor driver yet?

{B.L.} Sting

#18 JimmyT

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:05 AM

:o

I'm on PC! So sorry. :D

And sir, I've been lamenting over the fact that MW4 ended so abruptly. Any news about the old BLs or MWs from that time for me is good news. I was hoping Smith & Tinker release their version of MW, but damn legal bull-**** killed it. My soul died a little that day.

And about the crazy Thor driver, well, I've only seen him come online on Windows Live every once in a while. Should probably initiate a conversation with him some time.

Edited by JimmyT, 13 January 2012 - 10:06 AM.

#19 JimmyT

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

Blasted! I feel decay a-comin'.

#20 Beo Wulf

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:50 PM