Vulcan---New Zombie?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Shell Game

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 12:33 AM

Vulcan---New Zombie?
I'm having a blast playing the Vulcan after a 2 yr hiatus from the game.
Any thoughts as the Centurion used to be the original Zombie?

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 01:47 AM

The Vulcan has no real "zombie"-qualities as the only variant with head- and/or CT-mounts is the Bloodlust, sporting 2 misslie hardpoints. Apart from that, great chassis!

#3 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 08 April 2019 - 03:01 AM

Yeah vulcans not really a zombie mech, too fragile to bother with a standard engine unless your using a gimmick build (like my heavy gauss 6M). It is however extremely nimble and after the engine desync crap not many mechs can dance like a vulcan can, its basically a 40ton jumping wolfhound.

#4 Mister Maf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 08 April 2019 - 04:57 AM

Much to the contrary (and ironically much like the Centurion nowadays after its hitbox redo), the Vulcan is actually best used with an XL engine because its survivability comes from its nimbleness rather than its sturdiness. The Centurion's survivability, on the other hand, comes from a mix of factors — it has above-average mobility for its tonnage with its high XL engine cap, above-average durability for its tonnage with its shield arm and structure quirks, and above-average firepower by the standards of its mobility thanks to the light weight of the XL engine, all of which lets it take a beating as it does hit-and-run burst damage attacks. It kills off enemies by hitting them where they're vulnerable and then spreads damage efficiently to protect its engine as it retreats. The Vulcan meanwhile protects its XL engine by being small and extremely maneuverable. It also helps that most players underestimate it and don't consider the Vulcan a priority target, so when it pops in to deal some damage and then vanishes a moment later, many times it doesn't get shot at all because people are focusing on other mechs.

Edited by Mister Maf, 08 April 2019 - 05:00 AM.

#5 Shell Game

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 01:49 PM

I've been playing:
Vulcan 5T
5x Medium Pulse lasers
Light engine 300
All five speed tweek skills.
It has a speed of 130.6 km
The red team just flat out ignores it.

#6 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 08 April 2019 - 03:31 PM

View PostEpicWarlord, on 08 April 2019 - 01:49 PM, said:

I've been playing:
Vulcan 5T
5x Medium Pulse lasers
Light engine 300
All five speed tweek skills.
It has a speed of 130.6 km
The red team just flat out ignores it.

I used something like that for awhile but ended up swapping the arm and left torso MPL for ER small lasers , using the extra three tons for heat sinks is well worth the 4.50 dmg lost from the alpha.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users