8 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 16 April 2019 - 05:09 PM

So after the review meeting today, there is still a number of spam events that are hampering even internal testing. Engineers are now going to tear the code down completely to find out what is triggering this. While the amount of spam has been reduced drastically from before (using those test accounts), it is still not clean enough for me to pull the trigger and let PTS run over this long weekend.

I asked everyone involved to have a sit down and go over what is needed to be done and how long it's going to take. The current PTS build is still on shaky legs and I cannot get a commitment that we will not run into the same problems if we put PTS up over the weekend. Because of this, I'm being told to hold off on a PTS session until next Monday (April 22nd).

I know the weekday thing is an issue and I'm making sure that the next PTS session WILL cover a weekend so the schedule currently looks like this:
- PTS goes up April 22 and stays up until the following Monday April 29th.
- During this week we will be watching metrics and monitoring feedback as to the performance of the update.
- We don't have to have a ton of matches kick off during the weekdays. Just logging in and queuing will give us data we can use to analyze the match maker team builder even if a game doesn't kick off.
- Yes, all participants will be rewarded and yes the phase timers will remain short to allow as many cycles of conflicts to go around during this time.

I'll update again tomorrow to let everyone know what progress is happening and if this plan will still work out.

-Paul

#2 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 17 April 2019 - 01:47 PM

Tell them to pick sides so we can have an even number to make the match maker kick off.

current Clanners go one side and IS the other if it is "IS vs IS"

Edited by Deathshade, 19 April 2019 - 05:37 AM.

#3 Doktorbike

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 17 April 2019 - 02:45 PM

thank you to everyone involved in getting the PTS back up again. I will make time for as many games as possible.

#4 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:27 PM

Thanks for the update Paul.

I have to say I am really enjoying this new level of communication. I can't help but ruminate on how much less salt there would be if it had happened sooner.

#5 Achle

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:39 AM

Is the test server where everyone is? I was waiting in FP queue last night for a LONG time which is unusual.

#6 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:59 PM

View PostAchle, on 18 April 2019 - 09:39 AM, said:

Is the test server where everyone is? I was waiting in FP queue last night for a LONG time which is unusual.

The test server is not currently active so no, there must be some other reason.

#7 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 18 April 2019 - 05:09 PM

View PostAchle, on 18 April 2019 - 09:39 AM, said:

View PostPaul Inouye, on 16 April 2019 - 05:09 PM, said:

Because of this, I'm being told to hold off on a PTS session until next Monday (April 22nd). I know the weekday thing is an issue and I'm

#8 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 11:59 AM

But-Paul we need a proper match maker...

#9 VigorousApathy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 130 posts
  • LocationI have no idea. Im getting sky high in a spider 5v.

Posted 19 April 2019 - 12:10 PM

View PostGrus, on 19 April 2019 - 11:59 AM, said:

But-Paul we need a proper match maker...

https://mwomercs.com...rt-apr-18-2019/

No worries mate, they're on it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users