Solaris Glitches/bugs

glitch bug opponent preview

5 replies to this topic

#1 VigorousApathy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 130 posts
  • LocationI have no idea. Im getting sky high in a spider 5v.

Posted 16 April 2019 - 06:46 PM

Certain issues seem to have carried over or be much worse than last season.

Every now and again last season, pilots would be pulled back out of the cockpit for a preview of opponent mech twice. First as normal, then the second time about 5 seconds after taking control of mech.

I just experienced this issue, and for the first time it looked like my opponent didnt get pulled out of cockpit. Just me. Last season it would at least do this to both mechs. This is a huge bug that could allow early shots among less honorable opponents.

Secondly, after getting a match, we sat at the stat screen for like an extra 30 seconds before a "match starting in X time" window showed up. I thought I dc'd. And then he took forever to connect so i thought he dc'd.

So in conclusion, something feels wrong with solaris.

#2 Blue Splint

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 07:43 PM

That first bug I'm 99% sure is when a spectator enters the game, and I think it only happens if they enter within a short timeframe, something like: after you've powered up but before the mech preview is done. I've never witnessed it happening to only 1 of the players though, always both. It's still annoying as hell because sometimes your mech will stop because of throttle decay, and sometimes it won't due to 100% throttle sticking. This can lead to early match positioning being screwed up or unfair. I actually lost a game last weekend due to this.

It would be great if PGI could look into fixing this, for sure.

#3 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 16 April 2019 - 08:47 PM

First thing is indeed a spectator comes in right as the match starts.

Second is just servers lagging.

#4 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 16 April 2019 - 09:15 PM

That first thing....I always thought it paused both players but I just had it only pause me. Other guy managed to walk across the map while I was re-watching the launch scene.

#5 Blue Splint

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 01:10 AM

Well, you can still walk across the map if you are on 100% throttle and there are no obstacles in front of you. Just like being on 100% throttle when you check the map or scoreboard, sometimes you stop sometimes you don't. The match I lost was precisely that, I was in a ranged mech vs a brawler and we both were on 100% throttle and walked right to the middle while the "2nd preview" happened.

#6 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 02:09 AM

That must be it...he was pointed the right way and had his throttle locked. So he kept moving even though the controls were dead.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users