214 replies to this topic

#21 Hellfire666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 06:25 PM

Logged in just fine.
Setup drop decks with some new toys without issue.
Queue is empty.

Story of my PTS life. All excited to check it out and nobody is on it.

#22 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 06:48 PM

View Posttee5, on 22 April 2019 - 02:51 PM, said:

So I queued for over 1 hour. 5 Marik, 0 Steiner.

Maybe later. Fun Fact, this does not count as a game, so I get no rewards.

i went marik because last time everyone stacked steiner. which begs the question is there anything built into this queue system that will block people from joining one side if that side is currently overpopulated?

#23 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 07:02 PM

Queue for a while and afked. Looks like you get kicked off the search when the phase changes. Normal.

Edited by Nightbird, 22 April 2019 - 07:03 PM.

#24 Leftyfrizz

Rookie

• The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:58 PM

Downloaded and logged in w/ no issues.

#25 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 09:55 PM

is the queue going anywhere. i finished the solaris event.

Edited by LordNothing, 22 April 2019 - 10:02 PM.

#26 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 11:24 PM

Main issues right now after having played ZERO games:

1. Why have a MM when the interval between MMs is 8s? You are literally just going to take 12 per side and match them against each other regardless of a balance in ELO because there is only ONE way you can match a pool of 12 players per side. A longer interval like 2mins would allow more people to join the player pool so that MM can do its work of actually making a balanced match.

2. Side switching. Barring players from switching sides throughout a cycle is dumb, especially when there is no benefits to gain by switching sides other than faster games. Right now I'm going to predict during EU primetime most of the Germans, which consist of the majority of FPers at that timezone, are going to play Steiner and there will be an imbalance because there won't be enough Mariks. Because players aren't allowed to switch sides, players cannot resolve the imbalance in sides and have to pray that people joining into the conflict cycle would select Marik instead of Steiner.

I'm really curious if you guys had thought through the whole cycle and issues that may arise because of rules and restrictions that were set. I honestly want this FP PTS to work, but I really think that some changes need to be made to have a fully functional PTS with maximum testing and minimal downtime.

Edited by Yondu Udonta, 22 April 2019 - 11:25 PM.

#27 Sigmar Sich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 23 April 2019 - 01:06 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 22 April 2019 - 06:22 PM, said:

dirty Steiner side

I love you anyway.

#28 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 03:23 AM

*downloading and installing now*

eh..
and you REALLY should put this one up in the news, UP FRONT. we 'want' people to know about it and try, right? ;-)

#29 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 04:08 AM

update. at this moment, population is -zero-

and where's the airhorn-every-10seconds you promised? Posted Image

#30 Eiswolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationRedfield

Posted 23 April 2019 - 04:15 AM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 23 April 2019 - 04:08 AM, said:

update. at this moment, population is -zero-

and where's the airhorn-every-10seconds you promised? Posted Image

Events on Liveserver...
So normal working people can play Event and New Mech on Liveserver or testing FP on PTS with 2 other players.
What to you think, What most people are Do?

It where better when only on PTS where Events in the testing Phase so the Population where higher and generadet more data, but what should i know about this thinks im only a Player and not a dev...

Edited by Eiswolf, 23 April 2019 - 04:18 AM.

#31 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 05:52 AM

View PostYondu Udonta, on 22 April 2019 - 11:24 PM, said:

Main issues right now after having played ZERO games:

1. Why have a MM when the interval between MMs is 8s? You are literally just going to take 12 per side and match them against each other regardless of a balance in ELO because there is only ONE way you can match a pool of 12 players per side. A longer interval like 2mins would allow more people to join the player pool so that MM can do its work of actually making a balanced match.

2. Side switching. Barring players from switching sides throughout a cycle is dumb, especially when there is no benefits to gain by switching sides other than faster games. Right now I'm going to predict during EU primetime most of the Germans, which consist of the majority of FPers at that timezone, are going to play Steiner and there will be an imbalance because there won't be enough Mariks. Because players aren't allowed to switch sides, players cannot resolve the imbalance in sides and have to pray that people joining into the conflict cycle would select Marik instead of Steiner.

I'm really curious if you guys had thought through the whole cycle and issues that may arise because of rules and restrictions that were set. I honestly want this FP PTS to work, but I really think that some changes need to be made to have a fully functional PTS with maximum testing and minimal downtime.

It's just a test of the back end. Since it takes at least 12 on each side to launch a game, odds are extremely high that one side will have more than 12 people. Just look at today when it does launch matches immediately, how often is the queue 0-0 after it launches.

#32 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 23 April 2019 - 07:50 AM

@Draven, I'll get an engineer to see what's up. I just logged in from 2 different IPs and worked fine.

I get the same error from time to time. But the error message is misleading, as it's not an issue with the MWO login server.

The issue is that one of the many servers between me and the MWO login server is not reliably passing traffic. Ie. an ISP routing issue.

When it happens, I confirm it's an ISP routing issue by connecting via a VPN. It enables me to login (albeit at a much worse ping).

#33 Baron von ztreik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 890 posts
  • LocationGDR

Posted 23 April 2019 - 08:32 AM

1vs1 for 1h atm...

#34 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 23 April 2019 - 10:21 AM

Let's wait til tomorrow.

I even went to the dirty Steiner side for the test.

Posted Image EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYY Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Mighty Spike, 23 April 2019 - 10:22 AM.

#35 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 23 April 2019 - 10:26 AM

View PostYondu Udonta, on 22 April 2019 - 11:24 PM, said:

2. Side switching. Barring players from switching sides throughout a cycle is dumb, especially when there is no benefits to gain by switching sides other than faster games.

This would be a large amount of throw away work that will not be part of the final release and it will also put additional time pressure on the engineering team who is focused on getting the entire feature set ready for the May release.

#36 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 10:32 AM

i worry about the dogpile potential of obfuscating the current active population numbers and which factions are winning. of course anyone on teamspeak/discord can tell new players coming in whats going on. less scrupulous units will abuse the system and stack the winning side and have the tools to do so. pugs will go in blind and if they have a bad time they will not stay, they will not join units, and were in the same boat were in now. if the system puts the less scrupulous units in infinite lobby hell that would be great. most units go where the games are. so providing full data to everyone is the best way to go.

Edited by LordNothing, 23 April 2019 - 10:34 AM.

#37 TinFoilHat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 April 2019 - 11:03 AM

Logged in and joined two others in the queue. Booted out at the 2min to end of conflict mark, then it jumped to 30secs and switched from Assault to Incursion.

The constant Task Bar alerts from the 8secs timer is really annoying. As others have already said, timer needs to be longer to allow the MM to do it's job properly, and lose the constant alerting too. I only need to know when I'm actually in a drop or when the matchmaker cancels due to conflict end, not that the timer has reset itself

Edited by TinFoilHat, 23 April 2019 - 11:05 AM.

#38 Jaybles-The-PegLeg-PotatoCaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 383 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 11:04 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 23 April 2019 - 10:26 AM, said:

This would be a large amount of throw away work that will not be part of the final release and it will also put additional time pressure on the engineering team who is focused on getting the entire feature set ready for the May release.

Is this referring to the special event system?

Is FP going to be available in it's current iteration with the MM or is FP now only going be available through the special event system after the may patch?

I think Some people might be confusing the two including myself. Locking people in for a 1 day -3 day event, I don't see a problem with. But people seem to be inferring that the update will take away the ability to switch sides of standard FP?

#39 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 11:22 AM

Is this pts simply continuiing the flawed thinking of the last attempt where its matchmaking based on the existing quickplay PSR / tier system where all Tier 1s are treated as equal ELO, regardless of how good or craptastic they actually are ?

#40 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 11:32 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 23 April 2019 - 11:22 AM, said:

Is this pts simply continuiing the flawed thinking of the last attempt where its matchmaking based on the existing quickplay PSR / tier system where all Tier 1s are treated as equal ELO, regardless of how good or craptastic they actually are ?

i think they decided to go with an fp specific elo instead of using psr. thats better, but i still have my concerns.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users