How To Activate Banked Premium Time In Partition?

6 replies to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:10 AM

So how does one activate premium time at not-all-at-once? Maybe by 1-day intervals.

#2 N0ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:17 AM

Top of website: Click Profile -> Activate 30 days of premium. (It's either 30 Days from Banked Premium on website, or everything you got in-game option).

If you only want one day, you'll have to buy one day. Which counts as Active Premium time so you can't save that one day for later.

#3 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:17 AM

View PostN0ni, on 14 November 2017 - 12:17 AM, said:

Top of website: Click Profile -> Activate 30 days of premium. (It's either 30 Days from Banked Premium on website, or everything you got in-game option).

If you only want one day, you'll have to buy one day. Which counts as Active Premium time so you can't save that one day for later.

oh... ****.

#4 N0ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:22 AM

Yep, which is why i haven't even touched any of my banked premium yet, because i don't plan on dedicating a full 30 days to just one game.

#5 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:03 AM

View PostDewd, on 14 November 2017 - 05:39 AM, said:

It would be nice if premium time didn't count down when you weren't playing the game. I get that it is a money maker for PGI, but it kind of sucks when you have real life come up and can't use that premium time that's counting down. I would be fine with losing half of my premium time if it only counted down when I was in the client. Especially during patch day - there's definitely a big chunk of time that the game cannot be played that is out of my control. Depending on the patch, how long it takes before the servers are back up, how long it takes to install and validate the patch, there could be several hours of my premium time that I lost.

This is a thing that comes up every now and then but everyone knowns it's not realistic. An easy example:

Steam shows me as having played 2165 hours since the steam launch. Obviously I play a lot but most importantly is that I've played (sometimes more, sometimes less) consistently since that timer started. That's about 25 months since the steam launch.

Now 2165 hours is the exactly 3 months or 90 days and 20h.

This means that if the system worked the way some people would want it to, I would only have used 8.33% of the premium time I otherwise would have needed had I had premium time for the full 25 months. Effectively this is asking PGI to take a 91.67% cut in revenue from premium time in my specific case.

I mean yea, in a super selfish way that sounds amazing to me, but realistically, I can see that it's not a good deal considering I need the servers to be on for me to play the game.

Edit: That's why a Hero or special variant mech is such a good deal for a lot of people, it is a once off payment and active forever.

Edited by ForceUser, 14 November 2017 - 07:06 AM.

#6 NimoStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 04:55 AM

Sorry for the necro.-

I would rather premium time be 90% less but only active while you are playing.

Anyways... where is the ingame option? I don't have enough banked time to use it from my profiule-.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users