Mw5 Mercs Countdown Event

46 replies to this topic

#41 Electroflameageddon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 07:54 AM

Another event that rewards you for playing the game.

I like this. Please do more.

#42 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 29 April 2019 - 07:35 PM

NO one on the other side are using UAV's, not sure I can complete every thing, would be done now, if the other side would use UAV's, see if it can happen on the sixth match

easy event to complete, if the other side cooperates Posted Image

ETA: yeah first match after I wrote this, there were all kinds of UAV's to shoot down, YAY

Edited by Xaat Xuun, 30 April 2019 - 02:53 AM.

#43 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 08:07 PM

Well I finally pre-ordered. Probably shouldn't have waited so long. But I wasn't sure of how my finances were going to work out this month.

#44 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 10:56 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 29 April 2019 - 08:07 PM, said:

Well I finally pre-ordered. Probably shouldn't have waited so long. But I wasn't sure of how my finances were going to work out this month.

I agree, you're cutting it close. Don't blame you though; other things come first.

One suggestion I have for the future...

If you think you will get something, snag the cheapest option first...and upgrade later. Works when paying a bill, works when preordering something...anywhere that they'd let you upgrade.

I actually did this as a founder.
I snagged the lowest founder position first.
...and after one match, which I have to say is perhaps the most fun I ever had with this game... And don't get me wrong, most of the first two years had a lot of fun for me. But that first match was the most amazing thing...

(Playing a Jenner, I chased another stock Jenner through Forest Colony, darting and weaving between other fighting behemoths while trying to get his leg, every now and then he'd swing around to strike me... Both of us riding our heat, literally RAMMING each other and struggling to get up first only to leap into the air to get in the first shot after reocvering... and in the end I got him...disarmed. But between drop kicking and ramming him, my leg got messed up. Left actuator damaged, kept pulling to the left so I had to fight with it to keep running straight [a feature so lovingly removed by people complaining about how they can't run straight and it must be a bug], so right after I got my kill I sent a message out to my team...and an AC/20 flew across the distance and destroyed my leg. Limping, I bring my lasers to bear on a pair of glowing eyes in the distance. The game's smoke from some destroyed mech obscuring anything else, only glowing eyes (didn't know about thermal yet). Another shot flies through and there goes an arm.. I'm requesting help... but no one is answering... the dead can't talk. At this point I'm in all chat as teamchat wasn't getting answers.. "New guy in some serious **** here there's 3 guys right here.." Emerging from the smoke is an Atlas.. A Catapult starts heading my way, firing some lasers. Still limping I give a final "Is anyone there?" in team chat, A smoking mess is hiding behind the Atlas, the Jenner I spent the entire match chasing. The three surround my front side, and the Atlas says: "Welcome to MWO"...and all of them start firing until I'm torn asunder. And in being torn asunder I didn't just slump over, my Jenner was hit so hard in the killing blow that I was thrown about 110 meters from where I was standing, with a slight spin through the air before landing head-first in the water...and my feet never truly coming down..marking my grave for those on the shore to see.)

...I wish that was the MWO that we continued to have in the end. With the fixes and such, but that level of detail, that level of combat, that visceral feeling of being torn apart... the sounds including hefty metal echoes... the feedback of impacts and being hit... the lasers actually appearing to burn things and blinding you.. Using the mech's body as a weapon...knockdowns and not just slumping over but actually doing a barrel roll on the ground when getting tripped.

That first match made me upgrade to the full legendary.

Anyway, when they did the big Phoenix and the Clans, I'd buy the tiniest package first... and just upgrade as time and money allowed, as so long as I did this before the thing pre-order concluded, I'd get all the benefits as if I shelled all the money at once.

#45 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 10:08 AM

Oh I got the cheapest one! lolol. Just there was other things I wanted to buy before the month was over. So I wasn't sure if I was going to make the cut off. ;p

I was also debating if it was worth it. But I would rather play a month earlier.

#46 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 11:01 AM

View PostMechaBattler, on 30 April 2019 - 10:08 AM, said:

Oh I got the cheapest one! lolol. Just there was other things I wanted to buy before the month was over. So I wasn't sure if I was going to make the cut off. ;p

I was also debating if it was worth it. But I would rather play a month earlier.

I'm gonna take my early access to figure out how it is put together to work out how well I could make my mods or if I'll need help.

Mods tend to get more traffic when released before competing ones. :)
Partially afraid it'll be like HBS Battletech or Skyrim... where some changes just won't happen if you've already "been there" or "got that"... For example Skyrim terrain changes pretty much won't be right if you have been to that place before within a saved game.. Basically, you get completely broken landscape and out of place items, etc. In HBS BT, if you already have the weapon, changes to it in the game files are blatantly ignored....which is somewhat baffling and frustrating as in order to test something you'd have to go out and physically get it which is hard if you have to do a new game each time...but for some reason this is only with certain weapon types...

Don't think I'll have that issue with MW5, but probably will.

#47 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 01:08 PM

Well I hope you have an easy time of it. If anyone can make a true to lore mod. It'd be you Koniving. I don't really have the patience for modding or the skillset for that matter.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users