#1 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:11 AM

[Redacted]

great idea. just make everyone mad. can we stop doing such things as players please? or do we have to call PGI for every pathetic idea some morons come up with?

end of battle: tie, no one had a chance to reach him or kill him there, he had no intention to fight whatever.
calling ppl scrubs after the battle. way to go.

Edited by draiocht, 25 April 2019 - 11:13 AM.
name & shame screenshot

#2 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:15 AM

Sorry buddy. But with that mech, it's his job to be annoying AF.

#3 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:18 AM

View PostHammerMaster, on 25 April 2019 - 07:15 AM, said:

This isn't being annoying. This is being an arse. But that particular spot seems to be a newfound place for Spider pilots to troll from, this isn't the first person I've seen doing this. Unfortunately this topic will probably get closed due to "name and shame," even if shame should certainly be applied.

#4 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:19 AM

View PostHammerMaster, on 25 April 2019 - 07:15 AM, said:

annoying yes but not like this. this is outright stupid. he went up there straight at the start so never actually participated in anything.

View PostVerilligo, on 25 April 2019 - 07:18 AM, said:

This isn't being annoying. This is being an arse. But that particular spot seems to be a newfound place for Spider pilots to troll from, this isn't the first person I've seen doing this. Unfortunately this topic will probably get closed due to "name and shame," even if shame should certainly be applied.

people like this need to be shamed.

#5 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:20 AM

Is exploit that they need to give the "red circle" treatment?

Edited by HammerMaster, 25 April 2019 - 07:21 AM.

#6 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:28 AM

View PostAlienized, on 25 April 2019 - 07:19 AM, said:

annoying yes but not like this. this is outright stupid. he went up there straight at the start so never actually participated in anything.

people like this need to be shamed.

Agreed. This is wasting 23 people's time.

#7 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:40 AM

It happens, its annoying, unsportsmanlike and pretty much a sign that they are pure gamer scum.

I once seen a spider jump up into the underside of the overpass areas in rubllite took forever to dig him out cause no one could jump that high, had to shoot him from above and below so he couldnt hide from complete LOS from one without getting hit by the other.

#8 ingramli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 554 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:42 AM

Captain savemykdr found.

Edited by ingramli, 25 April 2019 - 07:42 AM.

#9 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:54 AM

I wouldn't say he didn't participated from the damage he received. Still just standing there is stupid.
What you can do is report him, play gamemodes like domination and report a bug in the map so that spots like that can be removed / changed.

#10 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:56 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 25 April 2019 - 07:54 AM, said:

I wouldn't say he didn't participated from the damage he received. Still just standing there is stupid.
What you can do is report him, play gamemodes like domination and report a bug in the map so that spots like that can be removed / changed.

he did his damage as me (without ammo) and a assasin (also no ammo) went up there.
i wish we could just smack the empty arms into such mechs.

#11 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:12 AM

If he didn't participate in the battle you can report him for non-participation. This isn't the norm, I've seen it only a handful of times in hundreds of matches. Best you can do is report him and move on.

#12 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,659 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:20 AM

Solution is to mark it out of bounds.

#13 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:24 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 25 April 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

Solution is to mark it out of bounds.

thing is, im actually against such things. if a mech can use that position strategically then fine BUT at least have the decency to get down and die when you lost the fight instead of doing THAT.

#14 R Valentine

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:33 AM

Just another area of the map that's going to be made out of bounds sooner or later. Spots like that shouldn't exist for reasons like these. You can not guarantee your team will have a mech that can reach that spot, and without someone else who can get up there there's no way you can kill him should he choose just to just sit there and hide. It's a dumb oversight on PGI's part, who constantly forget that random PUGs means not every team will have a jumping light or medium.

#15 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:52 AM

Yes just as serious as the spider 5v guys are at running to cap and finish assault matches before anyone gets to shoot anything. Just as serious as the stealth guys running around doing pretty much nothing (personally see no legit reason to run stealth in quick play other than to troll or have some giggles, see Beef videos for more on this). Just as serious as the Zimbabwe snipers in arctic cheetahs. This game is full of trolls and shenanigans and PGI has fully sanctioned it with flamer mechanics, and blinding effects on rac's, silly quirks and implementation of stealth armor. Hell PGI even trolls the crap out of us by giving us machine gun quirks on the madkitty mkii with CT ballistic. Since we are powerless to really do anything and PGI's apparent unwillingness to have meaningful ways to address these kinds of behaviour (can only assume they see some of it as good fun or are more tolerant than some of us?) I choose to laugh and shrug it off. These guys aren't winning anything in the end and I refuse to give them the attention they seek.

#16 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:53 AM

Lol @ this guy's title: "Survivor".

Indeed.

#17 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:57 AM

Uhg. Please don't campaign for another out of bounds area in the middle of a map because a handful of people are jackasses.

That's a legit spot for overwatch.

#18 Xmith

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:00 AM

they actually prevented your team from winning and their team from losing. i will take a tie over a loss anytime. i guess your team was SOL with no one able to force em down. can't blame the player for that.

#19 R Valentine

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:43 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 25 April 2019 - 08:57 AM, said:

Uhg. Please don't campaign for another out of bounds area in the middle of a map because a handful of people are jackasses.

That's a legit spot for overwatch.

It'd be fine if PGI didn't make areas on the map that both let you overwatch and have complete cover from all incoming fire from below. If you make a spot that's abusable, people will abuse it. That's just reality. And since PGI has no interest in all at altering maps, it's going to wind up out of bounds. Blame PGI for being too lazy to alter the terrain so that people can sit there and yet still be shot.

#20 Red Potato Standing By

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:00 AM

View PostXmith, on 25 April 2019 - 09:00 AM, said:

they actually prevented your team from winning and their team from losing. i will take a tie over a loss anytime. i guess your team was SOL with no one able to force em down. can't blame the player for that.

It wouldn’t be a tie though his team was ahead 11-5 and most kills at the end wins.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users