Clan Mech Experts

41 replies to this topic

#41 lobsterhierarchy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 01:07 PM

Great builds on the huntsman, it’s where I learned to git gud. Good mech for learning torso twisting, positioning, and poptarting as you never have to worry about weapons loadouts.

Good atm builds and gauss laser ones.

As for black lanner...it takes a a mix of luck, piloting, and quirks to work.

For a potential line up if you want to do Faction, I’d grab a ballistic mad cat MkII, laser hellbringer, gauss/laser huntsman (until you learn how to manage ATMs), and a light of choice. There are variations on the norm and you can sub out the MkII for a blood asp, and the hellbringer for a number of different options.

Laser/gauss is probably the easiest to learn first on clans, then start working on pure ballistics, then brawlers (aforementioned Orion), then ATMs. I only suggest ATMs last as I personally think they combine a lot of knowledge on range, positioning, and mobility to make work. High risk high reward.

Edited by lobsterhierarchy, 26 April 2019 - 01:17 PM.

#42 Lykaon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 03:30 PM

Light mechs...
Battlemech: Piranha PIR-1 or PIR-2 are good choices one for machine guns the other as hit and run light energy boat.
Omimech: Arctic Cheetah ECM and many viable builds.

If you are looking to invest in a hero light omnimech the the Purifier kitfox hero is a nice to have for it's options as a utility and support mech while still retaining enough firepower to be dangerous.

Medium Mechs...
Battlemech: Vapor eagles are worth a look. I like the VGL-1
Omnimech: Huntsman has many options and the hero mech pods are nice to have if you want to get the Pakhet.

Heavy Mechs...
Battlemech: Orinon IIc and variants are worth the time to look into.
Omnimech: Hellbringer

Assault...
Battlemech: Madcat MKII B this is arguably the best in class assault
Omnimech: Blood Asp A or B core chassis for the ECM is a good investment

In my opinion when it comes to clan assault mechs the better options are all Battlemechs. Madcat MKII, Marauder IIc,Super Nova and Kodiak

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users