Hard Locking Computer On Damage Flash

3 replies to this topic

#1 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 03:19 PM

When I get shot by an enemy I get a flash of white, this seems to lead to my computer completely locking up. I have to hold down the power button and turn it off and then turn it back on again, there is nothing else I can do.

I've got settings as low as possible through the client, I've turned Vsync on and off and it happens either way. I've tried windowed, full screen and full windowed mode at 1600x900

I'm running an Asus G20 series PC with Windows 10 and a GTX 750 series with up to date drivers on the GPU.

I've gone into the Nvidia experience and turned off AA and shader cache and everything else I could think of and its still happening.

Processor Intel® Core™ i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz

Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750

RAM 8.0 GB

Operating System Windows 10

Edited by Xetelian, 28 April 2019 - 03:23 PM.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 29 April 2019 - 07:23 PM

SUS Desktop Computer ROG G20AJ-B07 ??

Whiting out then lock up is either heat related or power related or driver related (newer drivers for older components are not always the best to use) or component(s) failing/unstable.

So lets discuss actual physical maintenance. When was the last time heatsinks and vents (computer.. not mech) were cleared up of any dust buildup?
At the same time, making sure all the fans are not only running but running at the proper RPMs?

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 29 April 2019 - 07:24 PM.

#3 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 05:12 PM

Just opened her up and sprayed some air, nothing was dusty, I had the old windows provided driver and it kept crashing then I updated to the newest driver and it was still crashing. So I downloaded the config file and set it to work with 4 cores and it was still crashing.

I have reinstalled and verified the game and removed the config file and I was able to play 6 games last Tuesday without crashing. Not sure if problem is fixed or just hasn't had enough games played to fully test if it will crash again.

#4 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 04 May 2019 - 08:42 AM

If the crashes happen again, you can try to delete the MWO shader cache in
C:\Users\[YOUR WINDOWS ACCOUNT]\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online\Shaders

If you have used the MWO repair tool to verify the files, it deletes the MWO shader cache, by default if i remember correctly. This could be what fixed your problem.

Edited by MrVaad, 04 May 2019 - 09:26 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users