Mechwarrior 3 Anniversary And Cinco De Mayo Event And Sales

191 replies to this topic

#181 HeavyHerbert

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:12 AM

Meh.. 130+ games so far for 4/5 of the 500 match score event done.
The rest is very easy. 400 match score is easy. Even with 450 I would have done it. Heck, even with 490 it would have been done long ago. That's frustrating. :(
My time is up now.
If I hadn't jumped from T3 into T2 right at the beginning of the event... it's much harder there to play and i haven't adapted yet.

#182 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:13 AM

View PostMechwarrior Pizza, on 09 May 2019 - 01:30 AM, said:

ehh ,, guess Crimson Strait isn't going to happen, never shows up for a vote, and event is basically done for me, for available time to play it

yea, pretty annoying. Getting instead Frozen classic Frozen classic night Forest classic and polar highlands at same time^^.. oh and had canyon 3 times in row but not a single conquest match & only 1 incursion match

#183 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:43 AM

PRO TIP. Don't do team damage(not joking)! MWO penalizes your match scores by a huge amount for any sort of friendly fire. My team won and I did 900+ damage to the enemy but did 45 damage to a friendly. Match score did not make it pass 500.

#184 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:59 AM

View PostGamerPro4000, on 09 May 2019 - 08:43 AM, said:

PRO TIP. Don't do team damage(not joking)! MWO penalizes your match scores by a huge amount for any sort of friendly fire. My team won and I did 900+ damage to the enemy but did 45 damage to a friendly. Match score did not make it pass 500.

dosent help when your teams is so ******** that they step in front of you when you fire or AS you are firing.

#185 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 09 May 2019 - 10:59 AM

Try not to dwell on it too much,
as mentioned earlier, I only played my alts, since they could use the rewards, each missed one map to complete the whole event, and weirdly not the same map, it was just timing of the rotation when they were available.

The time spent attempting to win the rewards, I had earned the same if not more.

My alts are rarely played, most mechs they have, are still under skilled, and maybe it's just me, but some configurations require certain skills to function smoothly, took a while but once I did get proper skills and loadout, it was easier to reach the 500 match score

A lot had to do with the team I needed played with, playing solo rather then group made the challenge more a challenge, but as a new alt, I had a better chance of 500 match score due to tier level the alt was.

question: would you had played any differently if there was no event ?

#186 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 203 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 12:58 PM

@All: It is locally almost midnight, only about three hours remain and I am now officially giving up. Last time I checked, which was sometime ago, I had exceeded 150 MS 62 times, 250 MS 28 times... and by my paper notes 403+ MS 8 times, 457+ MS 5 times...and of those 5 NONE were 500+. :( The highest two were 485 and 484. Having failed to score 500 MS with over a hundred times even once, my probability of scoring 500+ MS five times with less than 11 tries is zero and therefore it makes far more sense to get some sleep.

I wish all of those who are still hunting their last or second to last 500+ MS good luck! And to everyone, a good night!

#187 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 04:19 PM

well was playing from 10:00 AM to 6:00 pm when it ends for me and couldn't get one 500. tryed every thing from 3 RAC2 4 ATM12
that worked for like 2 games a 2 Uac10 1 uac 20 that worked for another 2 but than that one faild me. LRM boating didn't work cuz every time I took it in the enemy had like 3 or more triple or quad ams. guess this event wasn't for people that can get 500 match score in their sleep. or the lucky.

Edited by The Boneshaman, 09 May 2019 - 04:21 PM.

#188 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 325 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 09 May 2019 - 04:31 PM

Blegh. I failed. I just couldn't get that final 500MS game before the timer ran out. I've been trying every day. Crazy. Ended with 4/5. Now I must retreat to my cave of solitude and contemplate failure. Posted Image

I don't understand why that was so hard. I've gotten plenty of 500MS before the event. Hell, that was a regular thing with my 8AC2 Ultraviolet. But during this event, I've hardly been able to use my UV at all without getting wasted. I figure ... maybe ... there were so many of us gunning for 500MS that players were taking out their biggest baddest mechs, being hyper aggressive (the NASCAR, omg!), and the possible match score was just being split more evenly among everyone, making it so much harder to get above 500.

Craziness. I didn't care much about La Malinche anyway. I just didn't want to fail.

At least I grinded lots of c-bills in the process, and was able to buy a half-dozen or more engines at half price.

Edited by Renzor the Red, 09 May 2019 - 05:10 PM.

#189 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 06:54 AM

Don't feel too bad I'm in the same boat I only needed 1 more 500 . Many matches should have been 500 but because we lost or stupid Jack asses step in front of me and eat 85+ damage in the *** and blame me. couldn't get it.

#190 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 03 June 2019 - 12:18 PM

View PostGamerPro4000, on 02 May 2019 - 06:29 PM, said:

To prove my point how useful AMS is in boosting your match score.

Here is a comparison on how useful AMS in boosting your match score.
Match score with AMS
Posted Image

Hey guys I finally manage to get a 900 match score without AMS. This is how much damage I had to do to get a 900+ match score compare to just boating x3AMS and x12 ersmalls destroying 400-500 missiles and doing 1000 damage. AMS OP!!!!
Posted Image

#191 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 03 June 2019 - 11:43 PM

Well done you all ... I running now the La Malinche with 3 LPL and 1 AC10 - lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users