Mech Is Falling Apart And Getting Hotter: Why?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Ethan Wolf

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:29 AM

Dear all,

the Mechs are getting a heat boost when they are falling apart: Can anyone explain to me why? I imagine when "in reality" hot components falling apart the heat is decreasing instead of increasing, because the hot parts are falling off (something like this). Why is it in MWO immediately increasing? When I am in a fight and my side torsos are destroyed I am dead by overheating almost instantly, which is slightly frustrating. I cannot remember that it was always the case.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 10 May 2019 - 02:55 PM

https://mwomercs.com...00-11-dec-2018/

Tons of threads since then. Essentially the heat penalty w/loss of cXL/LFE 1st side torso used to come off the bottom, there was no dramatic effects. Come Dec 2018 patch, that was changed to come off the top of the Heat Bar, so if you above approx 75ish% of the Heat Bar and you lose that ST, you are incurring heat penalty damage.

Most threads call it a Heat spike. /chuckles

Posted Image

#3 Ethan Wolf

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 10:07 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 10 May 2019 - 02:55 PM, said:

https://mwomercs.com...00-11-dec-2018/

Tons of threads since then. Essentially the heat penalty w/loss of cXL/LFE 1st side torso used to come off the bottom, there was no dramatic effects. Come Dec 2018 patch, that was changed to come off the top of the Heat Bar, so if you above approx 75ish% of the Heat Bar and you lose that ST, you are incurring heat penalty damage.

Most threads call it a Heat spike. /chuckles

Posted Image

Nice, thank's a lot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users