Loyalty

24 replies to this topic

#21 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:57 PM

View PostKhalcruth, on 19 May 2019 - 09:26 PM, said:

Unfortunately, it does not contain an answer. The original post wants to know if there has been any released information on what the mentioned "additional functionality" entails. Hence the original question.

Unplug your ears, and you'll hear it screaming : No idea what it's going to be, and not coming any time soon.

#22 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:29 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 15 May 2019 - 02:25 PM, said:

I definately highlighted that many, many times in all the FP improvement ideas and so on.

It was a pretty big reason to a lot of units and players leaving the game because there was no further progression once you reached Rank 20 as a loyalist and many, many of those players had reached it way-back-when.

As for what is coming it is not immediately evident to me in some of the stuff that Paul has put forward. I guess some of will come into play around events, maybe added rewards?

Hell I hit Merc rank 10 in under a year (some 18 months ago) from memory that's how much Faction Play I was engaged in and since loyalist is a PIA and I can't get rewards... I too have found myself playing the mode less because there is no real motivator from the Merc side to keep going (that and I've been super busy with Competitive play/Shoutcasting/Admin & Streaming haha).

This, and I've added in specific skins/camo/paint/mechs for rewards as you get high in rank as a loyalist.

#23 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:07 AM

Wow, i cant believe PGI was actually going to incentivize loyalty through rewards based system. My question was answered loyalty is now dead. RIP Davion Logo next to my name for last 4 years.

#24 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:29 AM

Loyalist are more into the role play lore side of it.
Were they automatically win
Micheal Stackpole rejoice

So you need a match maker that works guid.
All this talk of rewards and I reached the tech tree limit Tech Colonel 47 are meh in comparsion
Who cares about incentives if your getting rekt day in day out. That make loyalists gun faction warfare shy. Get guid wont work for reasons.

Guid match maker will help loyalist units the most, more than incentives cause lets face it they aint that good compared to mercs, so they need MM more than ya average top 50 teams.
Coz you want more than 50 teams playing....rioght!

And the way matchmaker sounds slapping biggest group together by size, not sure if group skill is accounted for.
We know groups ain't all the same. Just jigsaw to make 12 with smallest groupes and soloes as filler.

MM help loyalist most, will this one, time will tell

Loyalist and seals dont grow on trees you know!

Im the Khan, time for sudoku!!!

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 22 May 2019 - 03:32 AM.

#25 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 06:41 AM

Loyalty is and was always akin to being a fan of a sports team. Sure a better loyalist reward system would be great but loyalty to a single "team" (faction) is what drove a lot of interest.

The years of breaking that down until now you can't even have your favorite faction logo next to your name to play FW puts a literal final nail in the coffin for any attachment to factions or reasons to play FW over QP or to even play MWO vs another game.

Faction identity was tied to unit identity and provided a thin film of depth, purpose and personal connection that at least helped give FW the illusion of being about factions at war.

The new system does the opposite of that. It eliminates factions as relevant sides completely and makes them an arbitrary red v blue factor that changes regularly.

The only reason for anyone, even the grognard diehards, to play FW at this point is for a particular mode but even that's wonky now. Having only one mode all day isn't appealing. A day of Incursion objective rushes? Wouldn't play. Everyone has different things they enjoy 2hich made rotating gamemodes viable.

This whole setup is just going to void population.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users