Fw Loyalists Are Dead. Glory To The Fighters

28 replies to this topic

#1 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:40 PM

So the current change to FW has effectively killed loyalist units. So we are now being forced to all me mercs. The sheer amount of ire, rage, hate, and confusion, cannot be put into words...

I have but one question to PGI.... Why? Why kill off the loyalist units?

#2 GoatHILL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 399 posts
  • LocationA dark corner

Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:45 PM

Idiots.

CW has been dead for years but at least we could still fly our house colors. Now we don't even get that.

#3 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:52 PM

View PostGrus, on 21 May 2019 - 05:40 PM, said:

So the current change to FW has effectively killed loyalist units. So we are now being forced to all me mercs. The sheer amount of ire, rage, hate, and confusion, cannot be put into words...

I think they forgot you existed or never knew.
Sincerely, sorry for you guys and other hard-core loyalists....I may not have understood or agreed with your stance...but it was a principled stance. You guys deserved much better that logging in to this mess.

#4 SeventhSL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:59 PM

Been a Ghost Bear loyalist since it was possible. Words simply cannot express my feelings on this this forced change to Merc.

Can’t even post on the forum with a Ghost Bear logo anymore. PGI you stupid *****!!!

#5 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:02 PM

Gonna echo Marquis on this one. Although I'm not loyalist anymore I started out as one and truly enjoyed the lore tickle and esprit de corps it provided along with a deeper connection to the game and its lore-based origins. This is a big slap in the face to you guys and a HUGE step in the wrong direction that this game needed in regards to FP in general. Truly sorry for your diminished experience with MWO

Edited by Bjorn Bekker, 21 May 2019 - 06:03 PM.

#6 GoatHILL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 399 posts
  • LocationA dark corner

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:17 PM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 21 May 2019 - 05:52 PM, said:

I think they forgot you existed or never knew.
Sincerely, sorry for you guys and other hard-core loyalists....I may not have understood or agreed with your stance...but it was a principled stance. You guys deserved much better that logging in to this mess.

Oh they know we're here they just don't give a damn. When CW started most of the CW players were loyalist but we wanted depth.

It was easier to drive away the loyalists than add depth to the game.

#7 VigorousApathy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 130 posts
  • LocationI have no idea. Im getting sky high in a spider 5v.

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:58 PM

They single handedly managed to piss off both loyalists, and the people who like to just get games. 2 birds with 1 stone. Amazing really.

#8 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:01 PM

If they were going to just destroy the "loyalist " idea then why didn't they explain, or something? Anything? No "hey this is the direction we want to go with FW LP progression and why." They have IMO just took a big dump on all my time as a GB loyalist.

I cant even go in and select Ghostbear out of spite...

#9 Rustyhammer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationSydney, AU

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:10 PM

View PostGrus, on 21 May 2019 - 07:01 PM, said:

If they were going to just destroy the "loyalist " idea then why didn't they explain, or something? Anything?

Cause they don't like when people cancelling pre-orders.

#10 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:13 PM

Good work PGI I love the new story mode.
Well donePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#11 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:12 PM

I can at this point say for certainty that 46+ people quit FW today at least. 46 that I know and play with personally. These were people who played FW several days a week consistently. Who played a lot of matches. Like the people who helped keep FW limping along for years of radio blackout from PGI.

I just... I don't get it. So instead of making changes trying to get the people who played MWO for the FW and have now left to come back the changes are geared towards pushing a chunk of the remaining consistently dropping players to leave in the hopes of drawing some of the existing people who normally only play QP to play FW a bit sometimes? So net reduction in players in the off chance it gets some QP people into some more FW matches?

All the FW changes from the complete elimination of factions as having any sort of relevance at all aside from Clan/IS and literally requiring players to leave their factions to play to enforced modes for long stretches, the result is just less total people playing and less reasons to play.

I get, I absolutely get, that apparently PGI or the people they speak to about FW never cared about factions and that's fine. However some people did. In fact a ton of people did - back when FW was a big thing the bulk of the population dropping in matches was loyalists. The biggest units originally were loyalist units. So, I guess, **** all of them?

I'm not sure how else to explain this. It's like sports team loyalty. Pick a sport. Sure, people will watch games but what drives them is to watch THEIR TEAM PLAY. They generally only watch other teams BECAUSE OF HOW IT IMPACTS THE SITUATION FOR THEIR OWN TEAM.

If you completely removed teams from any sport - just eliminated all the franchises from every sport , eliminated contracts and teams and just let the players play in teams they wanted when they wanted and shift through who they played with and where and what divisions, what do you think would happen to interest in the sport?

FW without faction loyalty and faction identity is just cutting more people out of FW because.... I guess, reasons? The One Bukkit change already cut huge swaths out of the population. I guess congratulations on finding a way to reduce the total population even more but I just don't understand why that seemed like a good idea.

Edited by MischiefSC, 21 May 2019 - 09:14 PM.

#12 -Mean Machine Angel-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 195 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:37 AM

Yeap,atleast 10 are gone from my crew and more are about to go.I also know of atleast 5 folk that have cancelled MW5.Lets be honest,PGI have ALLWAYS fouled up.Wait for Russ to tell us we are wrong,he is right because we don't understand the game and he is bringing long tom back..because beers for breakfast.Drunks are usless.

#13 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:56 AM

I'm going to blame ASH for this...

#14 Alexandros

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 153 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:14 AM

As perma-loyalist to Marik I found strange that I have to switch to a time based scenario. But then again it has been years since a full Marik invasion group. It was always a mix of different houses fighting mixed clanners. I like the new system cause it will auto rotate the progress on all the houses I haven't touched without forcing the rest of my guild to follow one path. Now if the ELO system gets inside the matchmaking I will support it fully.

#15 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:56 AM

View PostBowelhacker, on 22 May 2019 - 12:56 AM, said:

I'm going to blame ASH for this...

Is this gonna turn into the new, this thing broke. "thanks Obama".. ?

#16 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:48 AM

There's never been any meaningful loyalist objectives in any phase of CW.

#17 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 517 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:14 AM

View PostNightbird, on 22 May 2019 - 08:48 AM, said:

true.
still no reason to a kick in the teeth, when you're already on the ground Posted Image

#18 Ollie Rifleman Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Vandenberg (TC)

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:26 AM

View PostNovakaine, on 21 May 2019 - 07:13 PM, said:

Good work PGI I love the new story mode.
Well donePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

lol Posted Image

#19 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 10:02 AM

View PostNightbird, on 22 May 2019 - 08:48 AM, said:

When I was a kid in the 80s and 90s my parents were Seattle Seahawks fans. Seahawks sucked eggs on ice. Horrible. However they still watched every game because they were loyal to that team. There wasn't a benefit to that loyalty other than an attachment to a particular team.

That's all loyalists ever were. The punishments for being loyalists, penalties, capped rewards, people ate that pile of **** because they were loyal to their team, their faction. It's why they played FW.

Look at Unit names. How many were named after specific factions. NS was diehard Kurita, helped make Kurita a powerhouse end of season 1 and 2. When FW tanked faction loyalty even worse, Long Tom left going for months and it was crystal clear that PGI had absolutely 0 ***** to give for FW almost every unit fell apart and went to other games.

However from the get-go the bulk of units existed and played and we're attached to FW and MWO by faction identity.

#20 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 22 May 2019 - 10:14 AM

I do believe, and I could be incorrect as I have no checked it out yet, that one can still claim loyalty to a faction, but then for the "event phase", they can temporarily change factions to a faction with an event running... Maybe?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users