Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#22 -Winter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 06:29 AM

View PostAivazovsky, on 25 January 2020 - 06:03 AM, said:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Why is everyone so scared to tell new players the right builds. Legitimately speaking from the perspective of a new player. If you can't handle the builds posted, you will always be sub par on your damage until you learn heat management and engagements. That or you follow the LRM path to the darkside. You can't improve with the training wheels on period.

SMN ERPPC teaches poptarting perfectly. If you can't do 3x then do 2x.

Edited by Winter VII, 25 January 2020 - 06:32 AM.

#23 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 08:02 AM

View PostWinter VII, on 25 January 2020 - 06:29 AM, said:

Why is everyone so scared to tell new players the right builds. Legitimately speaking from the perspective of a new player. If you can't handle the builds posted, you will always be sub par on your damage until you learn heat management and engagements. That or you follow the LRM path to the darkside. You can't improve with the training wheels on period.

Seriously tho. Why not suggest 4x ERPPC Summoner. Sure it literally doesn't have any armor but that surely will teach newbies how to trade properly, am i right?

#24 -Winter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 08:22 AM

View PostB L O O D W I T C H, on 25 January 2020 - 08:02 AM, said:

Seriously tho. Why not suggest 4x ERPPC Summoner. Sure it literally doesn't have any armor but that surely will teach newbies how to trade properly, am i right?

Pretty wrong, just don't strip the legs like an idiot lol. Everyone assumes new players can't be good players because 80% of this games population is a potato. Here's some news some people might not want to hear. Good Luck and Have Fun doesn't make you win... Sorry...

Edited by Winter VII, 25 January 2020 - 08:24 AM.

#25 Aivazovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 09:52 AM

View PostWinter VII, on 25 January 2020 - 08:22 AM, said:

Pretty wrong, just don't strip the legs like an idiot lol. Everyone assumes new players can't be good players because 80% of this games population is a potato. Here's some news some people might not want to hear. Good Luck and Have Fun doesn't make you win... Sorry...
I am sure you know better than me what a beginner needs. good luck on 3ERPPC SMN
Posted Image

Edited by Aivazovsky, 25 January 2020 - 09:55 AM.

#26 -Winter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:50 AM

Heat bug is a real ***** when you drop 2 dakka and can't cool off. Especially when you have no clue what it is and what's going on that you can shoot 1 burst of UAC stack and never cool down below 90%. But sure call me out on a bad performance. Considering I have 3 weeks into the game I think averaging close to 2k in FP is better then most no? What's everyone elses excuse? I don't drop air strikes or anything either.

Posted Image

Also can't wait till I hit Jarls to start improving my percentage in QP...
Posted Image

Again real easy to talk **** about one performance. I'd expect all veteran players to be going over 3k regularly.

So yeah I do think im in the position to tell new players because I am a new player and instead of coddling this snowflake mentality of GL HF, you guys should be preparing new players with real builds and real strats. Ive got a long way to go don't get me wrong. But at least I won't be handicapped by poor builds and stupid strategy's...

Ill even send you an 3x ER PPC SMN game to make you happy.

Edited by Winter VII, 25 January 2020 - 12:00 PM.

#27 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 25 January 2020 - 02:16 PM

View PostWinter VII, on 25 January 2020 - 06:29 AM, said:

Because that's the wrong mech. What you need is the Quad-ER-PPC Night-Gyr.

The Quad-ER-PPC is superior for teaching both heat management (Laser Heatsinks = No environmental factor) and proper positioning (64kph vs 81kph).

2x2 ERPPC is also better for poptarting then 3x1, if you have to resort to ghosting heat to be effective then you're not playing efficiently.

You talk about training wheels yet I see you're still riding with them.

Alternatively you can teach them the Dual-HPPC Quickdraw.

View PostB L O O D W I T C H, on 25 January 2020 - 08:02 AM, said:

See: Above.

#28 -Winter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 05:02 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 25 January 2020 - 02:16 PM, said:

Because that's the wrong mech. What you need is the Quad-ER-PPC Night-Gyr.

The Quad-ER-PPC is superior for teaching both heat management (Laser Heatsinks = No environmental factor) and proper positioning (64kph vs 81kph).

2x2 ERPPC is also better for poptarting then 3x1, if you have to resort to ghosting heat to be effective then you're not playing efficiently.

You talk about training wheels yet I see you're still riding with them.

Alternatively you can teach them the Dual-HPPC Quickdraw.

I think maybe there was some confusion there, I never suggested running a 4x ERPPC Summoner. My statement about 3x or 2x was not about firing groups, but about how many. As such if you can't handle the 3x, drop 1 ER PPC for some extra heatsinks and run the summoner zombie with 2.

Also again he requested clan like I said prior Grasshopper or Warhammer for learning. Idk I thought the ones I had listed were decent to learn. I didn't add the 2x LPL 6x ERML EBJ because that thing is stupid hot. Or the 4x ERLL HBR etc.

Edited by Winter VII, 25 January 2020 - 05:13 PM.

#29 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 25 January 2020 - 05:42 PM

View PostWinter VII, on 25 January 2020 - 05:02 PM, said:

My statement about 3x or 2x was not about firing groups, but about how many. As such if you can't handle the 3x, drop 1 ER PPC for some extra heatsinks and run the summoner zombie with 2.

My mistake. I thought you were group firing them. I've seen a few people trying that recently and been shaking my head.

I still recommend the Quad Night-Gyr for a PPC boat. Mostly because it looks awesome.

Posted Image

#30 letir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 01:10 PM

6 MPL Linebacker: https://mech.nav-alp...#71077b25_LBK-C

Mobility of fast medium, durability of a heavy, dead side for tanking, balanced energy weapon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users