Can We Agree About Things To Fix?

33 replies to this topic

#1 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 03:48 PM

Can we agree about conquest need more tickets?

Can we agree about getting more siege?

Or what you wanna see fixed on FP? On minimal resources that PGI can throw at FP.

Lets discuss things if we can get PGI to do some xml tweaking? Because there isnt gonna be any big fixes coming to FP.

Can we get everyone that plays Faction warfare put some input on things. Not just "Top players" derail conversation that they do every time "Im best so i know best". And can we just keep it at players that really play Faction warfare. Not QP dreamers that wanna take FP to where its not gonna go.

So can we get consensus about raising tickets in conquest?

Can we get consensus about getting more multiplier to Siege? So it comes more often.

Discuss

#2 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 04:04 PM

More siege. I only play FP and I'm not a huge fan of the QP modes in it, so I won't give an opinion on those but I'd really like siege to be at like 67% of each phase.

#3 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 04:08 PM

View Postccrider, on 12 July 2021 - 04:04 PM, said:

More siege. I only play FP and I'm not a huge fan of the QP modes in it, so I won't give an opinion on those but I'd really like siege to be at like 67% of each phase.

Im up for siege only too, but i think its gonna get boring, or at least some guys wants QP modes. And some QP maps and modes are fine, i think conquest would be more entertaining with more tickets.

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 04:33 PM

short answer

no.

long answer

everyone agrees there should be a longer cap counter in conquest. now getting everyone to agree on a number. 2k is too high and would just make it another skirmish, but there are those who want that. i like 1600, 400 tick per mech.

everyone wants more siege, but i think id throw out domination instead. it causes so many games to end in under a minute if one side is stupid. at least if it was seige or even skirmish, you could duke it out for a few minutes and get some points. id even go for throwing out incursion as it doesnt really play much different from skirmish, and if it does its a stupid base rush.

also think that we need to make room for lower skilled players. there are a couple ways you can do that. the first is more fp exclusive events. i also would like to see casual nights where a one lance rule is in effect. but good luck getting an fp denizen to agree to that, they seem to be happy with the status quo and resist any change that would inject more players.

Edited by LordNothing, 12 July 2021 - 04:38 PM.

#5 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 12 July 2021 - 07:36 PM

Maps and modes

Siege and Conquest with updated ticket Only..

As for the other available modes...

FP Assault should have been setup like Siege. It could be that one FP mode where the gates are opened, Counter-Attack!!

QP Assault should have been replaced by incursion with heavier/more defense.

Skirmish.. Need to kill every mech. /blah. Primarily, especially on the large QP maps the last survivor runs out the clock... OR.. every 60 secs if the mech has not fired and hit his opponents every 60 seconds, the team gets a 10 sec radar blimp....... ie Satellite issues that are able to come online every minute.

Dominion... More ticket time and may be a larger circle?? Not really sure if it is really viable. My evil option is to have the circle switch up locations, 3 possible locations on the map that along a line that splits the teams spawns from each other...... Why does it have to always be in the center, as determined by PGI... Posted Image

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 12 July 2021 - 07:39 PM.

#6 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 07:50 PM

https://mwomercs.com...-play-proposal/

Same thread from last year...still 100% relevant

#7 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 07:51 PM

We always drop in 2-6 man groups and domination we actively attempt to just shove everyone outta the pee stain and cap it so we can get siege. Skirmish is ok; it's just an excuse to farm a weaker opponent. Very rarely do 2 evenly matched teams meet up and with no secondary objective it's not very good for anything but farming LP and c-bills. I like assault being switched for counter-attack. Conquest, eh. For those who like it, 1500 cap point is ok I guess. It's generally an organized linebacker or assassin squad against random with various builds and dragging it out to too high a cap count just makes another skirmish. Randomize attack/defend siege with counter-attack all day would be awesome but I can gut out a 3rd of my games in the QP modes for those who enjoy the variety.

#8 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 12 July 2021 - 09:13 PM

View PostKotis77, on 12 July 2021 - 03:48 PM, said:

So can we get consensus about raising tickets in conquest?

No. I'm fine with conquest as is. If you want the points you gotta be aggressive, more tickets just allows for more static gameplay. Less tickets also means a terribly losing team doesn't hafta worry about getting farmed out nearly as much and folk are more likely (or so it feels,) to requeue.

That said I'm totally up for more Siege. I do love me some Siege.

~Leone.

#9 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 10:05 PM

I have no strong opinion on conquest, but I've always felt there could be a bit more ticks.

What I'd really like though would be: If siege is on the table, randomize the attacking and defending side, so it's not one faction attacking for the whole duration of the conflict phase. I think how it is now, leads to certain people flocking to the side that defends.

#10 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 03:27 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 12 July 2021 - 04:33 PM, said:

also think that we need to make room for lower skilled players. there are a couple ways you can do that. the first is more fp exclusive events. i also would like to see casual nights where a one lance rule is in effect. but good luck getting an fp denizen to agree to that, they seem to be happy with the status quo and resist any change that would inject more players.

I really would like to see that lower skilled gets easier time on FP, but i think its gonna take more than edit xml on wordpad. And lets try to keep it simple.

View PostJohn Bronco, on 12 July 2021 - 07:50 PM, said:

https://mwomercs.com...-play-proposal/

Same thread from last year...still 100% relevant

Just read the whole topic. 100% agree about Yondu's proposal, but like every topic before it got bloated to everything needs fixing in FP and i didnt happen. Can we keep it simple?

View PostLeone, on 12 July 2021 - 09:13 PM, said:

No. I'm fine with conquest as is. If you want the points you gotta be aggressive, more tickets just allows for more static gameplay. Less tickets also means a terribly losing team doesn't hafta worry about getting farmed out nearly as much and folk are more likely (or so it feels,) to requeue.

~Leone.

I think its hollow experience with these ticket counts. Is there more guys who wanna leave it as is?

#11 iLLcapitan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBirdhouse

Posted 13 July 2021 - 03:28 AM

Bring back counterattack <3

#12 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 03:31 AM

Ok so far-->

More siege is needed?

Conquest is still on debate...

I would like to get Counter Attack back like some of guys suggested.. If its easy to implement by PGI

#13 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 04:13 AM

Conquest 1500+

Siege_Attack/Counter_Attack combo would be awesome!!!!

Domination could use 1.5x timer increase, so the side that got pushed out can mount proper counter push and try to recover.

#14 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 12:32 PM

Counter attack is a difficult topic. Even stronger than skirmish the miss of an additional objective can lead to rly frustrating situations.

#15 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 14 July 2021 - 12:02 PM

Ok sorry guys. I didnt explain myself what im trying to get here. My bad.

There is lots of threads discussing things to fix in FP. They all failed and achieved nothing Posted Image

I think the problem is that we dont ever agree (consensus) anything to fix and all threads gets bloated with hundreds of ideas. Or im just faking clueless (thats a big possibility) Posted Image

But can we get some Cauldron member to ask PGI is there possibility to raise ticket count in Conquest? Or any quickfix to FP, meaning changing some numbers in xml? Or is that code is so bad they dont know how to change it anymore? If so any threads are useless and we can finally move on and just accept that FP is hopeless...

If so that they (PGI) can do some changes, what are their requirements to do that? Is consensus enough to get somethings changed in FP?

Cos i see that Year of FP was a big meh... They didnt achieve anything then. PGI even agreed to change Conquest ticket count then IIRC.

So can Cauldron or PGI reply if its even possibility to do changes? Even the smallest quality of life changes would mean a lot in FP. Its so stagnant.

Edited by Kotis77, 14 July 2021 - 07:23 PM.

#16 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 14 July 2021 - 12:20 PM

To my knowledge Cauldron has already asked PGI to increase ticket count and there hasn't been any traction on it.

Seeing as how that is the one easy change that the vast majority have agreed should happen...and it still hasn't happened...leads me to believe PGI simply has no intention of touching a single thing in FP now or anytime in the near future.

#17 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 14 July 2021 - 12:53 PM

View PostJohn Bronco, on 14 July 2021 - 12:20 PM, said:

To my knowledge Cauldron has already asked PGI to increase ticket count and there hasn't been any traction on it.

Seeing as how that is the one easy change that the vast majority have agreed should happen...and it still hasn't happened...leads me to believe PGI simply has no intention of touching a single thing in FP now or anytime in the near future.

Or PGI could say that they dont give a *** and we could stop dreaming

#18 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 05:54 AM

I would only expect any significant FP changes to come either Q4 2021 or in 2022. The most we are going to get before this timeframe is conquest ticket count changes, which hasn't happened for the past 2 years.

Bleak picture but unfortunately that's the picture for FP ever since it got longtommed.

#19 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 11:08 AM

Yeah :/

That seems fair....

Most of guys wants conquest tickets raised. Most of guys wants more siege. Most of guys dont wanna play QP maps. Or thats im trying to figure out in this thread.

So we are playing boring maps and boring gamemodes that most of FP players dont wanna play, because PGI has turned FP into this. And they dont wanna fix their own mess. And us FP players have to suffer playing boring garbage every day.

Can Cauldron help us FP brothers by asking PGI politely what it would take to get our couple fixes for FP?

Edited by Kotis77, 15 July 2021 - 11:24 AM.

#20 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 03:19 PM

-conquest tickets to 1400 maybe later to 1500 but NOOOOT 2000
- make attacker and defender random, not only one side is defending during one phase.
- same tonnage for IS and Clan, since everything is balanced by the cauldron, we can have same tonnage.

- work on your random function, 4 times Boreal Vault in a row is no fun.
- a little bit more Siege, but quick play style maps and modes can stay.
BUT 3 times conquest in a row and then maybe one Siege Match is not good.

- get rid of the dropship sequence, make the play start faster.

its loading, lobby screen, loading, lobby again, loading, dropship sequence, loading, and then the game.

- make the leaderboard work correctly.

But hey nobody will read this on PGi side, and nobody will do those quick fixes, So who cares. Why do I even write this???

Edited by tee5, 16 July 2021 - 03:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users