#21 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 10:43 AM

to play the devil's advocate here for a change:

at least they ARE fixing something.

granted, it's not the things anybody playing this game sees as 'needs fixing first' .. but at least it's a breadcrumb in the right direction.

see? I CAN be positive* Posted Image

now.. when do you adress the 1-2 real problems we have atm, which are
-game-mode-duration in fw (make them random, per drop, as before)
-switchable factions, so we can regulate the queues ourselves (cause you can't / don't / won't)
bonus:
-scouting seperate from fw, so those who love the mode can play it anytime, and those who rather won't touch it don't have to

?*²

*it's just very hard to do so here, given the .. circumstances

*² I know.. they're neither gonna read that, nor comment that, nor.. eh.. in short: see prior "feedback" and how they handle it. but an Urbie has to try, right?

#22 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 28 May 2019 - 11:07 AM

BRING BACK MY STEINER FIST DAMMIT:::THAT HARD TO GET IT? Over 15 + years Steiner Loyalist now we can choose between microwave made Nova Cats or Smoke cats Pilots....... The Tamar Jaegers was over 20+ years since TT times Steiner and we stay Steiner.No Steiner no FP Take your fP and throw it in a deeep Hole. I knew you would screw it up again...To incompetent to give the People their faction Loyalty THEY want..

Make it simple as Forum badge if you ´re to incompetent to give the people the faction Loyalty they want play for and always did since TT times. Jeeez
Please please just sell the License to someone who knows what he´s doing and not doctoring around for over 7years and still has no plan

Edited by Mighty Spike, 28 May 2019 - 12:05 PM.

#23 Stargazzer811

• PipPipPip
  • The Moonwalker
  • The Moonwalker
  • 97 posts
  • LocationAn experimental SLDF McKenna class Battleship, waiting for Clan Nova Cat to return to the Inner Sphere in 3160

Posted 28 May 2019 - 11:24 AM

View PostGully D, on 27 May 2019 - 05:39 PM, said:

• SO we could ask for a rollback-
  • we could Crowd fund a rollback- better than buying a Mechpack??
  • or could we ask for a separate server for prior FP modes (again not a tech so dont know if this is plausible)

sorry if this has been explored before

Still prefer to buy the company out.?

If you think you can run the company better then win the lottery and do so, but I doubt you or anyone else (myself included) could.

View PostPeppaPig, on 28 May 2019 - 02:04 AM, said:

So in essence, you are saying that PGI are well within their rights to act with a level of incompetence that beggars belief, in that they don't keep back ups of developmental stages of their software, starting from the original source and including all stepped developmental stages - something even a senior school student knows to do? Simply stating that coding has changed does not mean that the game cannot be rolled back to an earlier version and bin that changes that virtually nobody wanted or asked for.

First rule of finding yourself in a hole is to stop digging, not bring in bigger gear to make the hole deeper than it already is.

However, looking at the itinerary for the Dev Meeting and the patch today (28.05.19), PGI have simply given the players the bird and are continuing to follow the destructive path of alienating its most important resource - player loyalty and the money that follows with that support.

WP GG FO! to the people paying your salaries Posted Image

Clearly you haven't a shread of programming experience with games. Paul's excuse was no BS, it was fact. Once you change coding in a game like this, you can only change forward. You can't go backward unless you restore the whole server from a backup copy which, I'm 100% sure on this btw, PGI does not keep. Because of the nature of the engine and the game, if they tried to unpatch the patch, they'd **** up the game code. Its like taking a medical dressing off a gaping hole in some's chest, you remove it the patch, and they're gonna bleed all over the f%cking place.

View PostWarschnuffel, on 28 May 2019 - 02:13 AM, said:

I still think the circumstances tell the story. The engine this game runs on is old, has very limited support and not many people still use ist so you won't find payable programmers for bigger projects like this. This is, why they trial and error so much, why they need so much time etc. At least thats what i think and maybe i am dead wrong. Posted Image

I really hope the convert MW:O to the unreal engine they are now used to in developing mw5. I would love to keep playing this game.

You're not wrong at all as I stated above and as has been stated for years, the CryEngine version they run is almost a decade if not a decade old. Software and hardware have outstripped it by a large margin, and it is no longer capable of serving its purpose. Being that its so old you need programmers who can code for it, they are not easy to find as most of that industry works with newer products anymore. Thus they need to try things and fix them as they go until they get it right.

Edited by Avalon91211, 28 May 2019 - 11:26 AM.

#24 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 28 May 2019 - 11:26 AM

View PostPeppaPig, on 28 May 2019 - 02:04 AM, said:

So in essence, you are saying that PGI are well within their rights to act with a level of incompetence that beggars belief, in that they don't keep back ups of developmental stages of their software, starting from the original source and including all stepped developmental stages - something even a senior school student knows to do? Simply stating that coding has changed does not mean that the game cannot be rolled back to an earlier version and bin that changes that virtually nobody wanted or asked for.

First rule of finding yourself in a hole is to stop digging, not bring in bigger gear to make the hole deeper than it already is.

However, looking at the itinerary for the Dev Meeting and the patch today (28.05.19), PGI have simply given the players the bird and are continuing to follow the destructive path of alienating its most important resource - player loyalty and the money that follows with that support.

WP GG FO! to the people paying your salaries Posted Image

I take it you're new to the whole PGI experience?

This is hardly the first time they've done something that breaks the game and drives away players. (Interesting side note...it seems to happen on a 3 day weekend, oddly enough)

Fixes will happen. Complaining will happen. They'll release mech packs, we'll make lots of negative comments, the thing will eventually level out.

Don't get me wrong, this was a complete dumpster fire of an idea. But it's actually par for this particular course.

#25 Pure_NZ

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts
  • LocationHuntress - Pahn City (X:Y Coordinates: 49.19:1,756.45)

Posted 28 May 2019 - 01:36 PM

I think, they want to ruin the MWO because of MW5. They build an ordinary Multiplayer mode or modes to lure the players. This way want to force us get that game, pay there for gadgets, mechs and the Mechwarrior will not be free anymore.
Just wait and watch what will happen.

#26 Toxicresidue

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 80 posts
  • Locationcorpus christi texas

Posted 28 May 2019 - 04:40 PM

why is the faction thingy broke? I see some ticked off mother lovers posting bad things about some guy named bob oso. I think he works at PGI. CW was better me thinks.

#27 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 28 May 2019 - 10:55 PM

View PostPure NZ, on 28 May 2019 - 01:36 PM, said:

I think, they want to ruin the MWO because of MW5. They build an ordinary Multiplayer mode or modes to lure the players. This way want to force us get that game, pay there for gadgets, mechs and the Mechwarrior will not be free anymore.
Just wait and watch what will happen.

MW5 is going to have no multiplayer apart from Co-Op. they've said that REPEATEDLY.

most of the Salt miners in here apparently don't bother to actually pay attention to things.

#28 Pure_NZ

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 10:59 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 28 May 2019 - 10:55 PM, said:

MW5 is going to have no multiplayer apart from Co-Op. they've said that REPEATEDLY.

most of the Salt miners in here apparently don't bother to actually pay attention to things.

Yes, we do not pay attention on anything because of three points:
Does not make any sense to pay attention on PGI.
They have said lot of things.
The claims will decide.

Edited by Pure NZ, 28 May 2019 - 11:01 PM.

#29 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 04:00 AM

Saying is not the same as doing

#30 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 29 May 2019 - 08:40 AM

It's almost like people don't trust PGI to actually do what they say they're going to do...

#31 BenMillard

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 38 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 29 May 2019 - 02:11 PM

I had a lot of server connection losses today. During loading screen before a drop, mid-way through games, once in the MechLab and once in the Skill Tree.

Only time I've had disconnects before was that time when Grim Plexus (IIRC) had mass DCs if a certain Mech dropped into it. But that was as it loaded and half the time I still loaded. It wasn't at random points like today.

Connecting from London on fibre, last part is WiFi. Haven't had so many DCs in 1.5 years of playing.

If nobody else is seeing that it must either be my ISP or an ECM Raven in my back yard.

(EDIT) 10th DC was out of a long-awaited FP game with an organised unit.

First attempt to reconnect to the match insta-crashed to desktop, no error report window. Second attempt to rejoin just span at loading screen for 5 minutes so I killed the game.

3rd attempt to rejoin I went to Faction Play first, then tried rejoin from the Quick Play menu (as normal). This time it did load and only took about 2 minutes (about normal for FP loading).

(EDIT2) Another DC midway through a Faction Play drop. Unheard of since I started MWO. First rejoin attempt I went to FP area first...but it's same as going straight to the QP menu: instant crash to desktop.

Didn't get a chance to try rejoining a 2nd time because I got a 5 minute warning. There was a 2 minute or so warning after the first DC during FP.

I haven't changed anything here but I'll look through connectivity and report back if anything has changed by itself.

(EDIT2) Turning off 5GHz on the dual-band router and restarting seems to have helped. Maybe my laptop has erroneously started favouring that when 2.4GHz is more reliable given the distance and walls between it and the router.

So, probably an unwanted change of router frequency band.

Edited by BenMillard, 30 May 2019 - 02:29 AM.

#32 Pure_NZ

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 04:48 PM

It would be appreciated if we could recharge the "Friendly and Enemy" indicator in Assault mode at our own base.

Edited by Pure NZ, 31 May 2019 - 03:08 AM.

#33 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 04:53 AM

OK so WHY do i have to choose a side if i choose to be a freelancer, the whole point of the freelancer is to not choose sides, therefore there is no point being a freelancer at all....

#34 Rockcrusher

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 05:40 AM

@PGI

Any chance to change the duration of the FP events to days again? If the individual phases last only a couple of hours, the events are over ridiculousy fast and people don't have a chance to participate properly. And besides that, changing a faction twice a day or so is very annoying!!!

Edited by Rockcrusher, 31 May 2019 - 05:40 AM.

#35 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 03 June 2019 - 05:51 AM

At least no other things got broken by the patch ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users