The Fix That Fixed Nothing

9 replies to this topic

#1 Gun Tuv

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:16 PM

This time a couple of weeks ago Faction Play was fair heaving at this time of day. Sure, a game may take 15mins to happen, but you knew it would happen and that it would provide something which (for all MWOs faults) you couldn't find anywhere else. Now the queues stretch into eternity. You see a brave soul join the pair of you arrayed against the two-dozen on the other side and they stay a while, perhaps hopeful at first. Then they go. Then, after a while, you go too.

Your latest fix has done little to help. People don't play for 6 hour stretches - they play for an hour or two, switching sides as need be to make things work. So unless your playtime happens to stretch across two phases where the unbalancing of the previous phase hasn't made your playerbase log in disgust hours before then it's utterly pointless. And even then, it's not like you quietly give us the choice to switch sides - each phase is now, in effect, a war of it's own because we all have to go through the picking sides process again. This means we have know way of knowing how the other players are going to align themselves. TL;DR - your fix fixes nothing.

I will soldier on. I've played some amazing games in my time and a well balanced 12v12 clan v IS Invasion where you've picked and sculpted your drop-deck to perfection is up there. It's worth hanging on for - at least, for now. However, I must say that being been driven stark raving mad by a two-minute timer chopping the remainder of my life into wasted chunks before my very eyes is going to get old quickly. It's gotten old for many already.

Edited by Gun Tuv, 04 June 2019 - 08:32 PM.

#2 Gun Tuv

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:24 PM

Oh yes, and having to rebuild my dropdecks what feels like every other day in order to watch a 2 minute timer on repeat is getting old too. I spend more time choosing decks than I do playing with them. I'd ask you for preset drop-decks for each side but it seems utterly pointless - like asking for a knife and fork to eat soup.

#3 Gilgamecc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:35 PM

Yeah the amount of time required to commit to a single match is now so enormous that it's hard to justify even trying unless you have a full group and a well-stocked queue.

Used to be possible to get in two faction matches an hour during busy hours, now it feels like a chore to even find one lobby per hour. Who wants to spend an equal or greater amount of time looking for a match compared to playing?

#4 Gun Tuv

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:38 PM

Also - being able to see the frequency of games over the last 90mins and who had won each game gave us the information we needed to choose the appropriate side upon logging on. We could also see how populated FP was - if there were 8 games an hour then of course you would jump in, tab out, watch some nonsense, and then sit up straight ready for action when you got your turn. Now we have so much less information to go on, and no real agency on how to use that information.

Edited by Gun Tuv, 04 June 2019 - 08:39 PM.

#5 Gun Tuv

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:42 PM

(I started writing this thread while I waited for a game - it's nearly an hour later and the count is 7/24)

Edited by Gun Tuv, 04 June 2019 - 08:44 PM.

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:47 PM

its kind of like fixing a broken bone with a shotgun.

#7 Gun Tuv

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:49 PM

Given up, logging off. I want something with more meat than QP so I'm playing Total War Warhammer. It's really important that you know this isn't what I wanted to do with my time - really, it isn't!

Please fix this. Niche games live or die by their playerbase. Who do you think will be the ones playing MW5, at least at first? It's us.

Edited by Gun Tuv, 04 June 2019 - 08:51 PM.

#8 Gilgamecc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:51 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 04 June 2019 - 08:47 PM, said:

its kind of like fixing a broken bone with a shotgun.

Maybe that's just the kind of fix this broken ***** needs

wow 'bonerd' is apparently censored

except I didn't spell it funnier before

#9 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:53 PM

i havent played for days myself.

#10 Gun Tuv

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 09:00 PM

The death of the call-to-arms system has been a bit of a blow to getting games running too. Sure they yielded mostly potatoes but at least you got a game, and if it was a good one then Mr Potato got all excited and went away bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, ready to try and scrape his first drop-deck together. Clicking those pop-ups was how I got into Faction Play.

Edited by Gun Tuv, 05 June 2019 - 02:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users