Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:27 AM

IIC-2

#4 Alilua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 362 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 10:03 AM

Did the weapon geometry issue on the hatamoto chi hero ever get fixed?

#5 Hellfire666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 123 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 10:09 AM

View PostApollo777, on 05 June 2019 - 09:16 AM, said:

Should i say FIRST?Posted Image

1999 called and still nobody cares that you are 1st.

#6 leony

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:25 AM

PGI, could you please explain why it’s been like three month that we don’t have any more new mech packs preorders? Or it was informed that there is no more and we got it all for MWO.

Edited by leony, 05 June 2019 - 11:26 AM.

#7 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:35 AM

View Postleony, on 05 June 2019 - 11:25 AM, said:

PGI, could you please explain why it’s been like three month that we don’t have any more new mech packs preorders? Or it was informed that there is no more and we got it all for MWO.

Russ explained in the latest dev update that mech packs lose them money and they feel like overall there are so many mechs/variants that they don't bring as much to the game and thus why people aren't as likely to buy them. They will still do some, but it seems more likely they will release them quarterly instead of monthly.

#8 leony

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:46 AM

wow.. now it will take longer to get the mech we are waiting for. Posted Image

#9 leony

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:55 AM

We should make a list to PGI of the most expected mechs to get for next quarter. What do you think guys?

#10 Cranky Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 114 posts
  • LocationHarem of French Poodles

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:14 PM

Thanks for C-Bill Mechs..but these assault mechs do not carry much weapons when compared to some other mechs. I purchased mech packs in the past, and i agree with other people that a lot of the mechs that are being put out recently have ODD weapons load outs. Anyways, thank you for the C-Bill Mechs.

Maybe selling an AX MAN Mech with a Usable AX to chop down other mechs will spur on Sales... I know I would Buy a Mech Pack like that and others i talked to wish for it. Just a thought PGI. Good Luck in designing Future Mech Packs.

#11 Darky101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 219 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:19 PM

View PostKodan Black, on 05 June 2019 - 11:35 AM, said:

Russ explained in the latest dev update that mech packs lose them money and they feel like overall there are so many mechs/variants that they don't bring as much to the game and thus why people aren't as likely to buy them. They will still do some, but it seems more likely they will release them quarterly instead of monthly.

I hope there arent finantial problems. ������
Would hate to see them go bankrubt.

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 05 June 2019 - 04:14 PM.
spam

#12 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:17 PM

View PostCranky Puppy, on 05 June 2019 - 12:14 PM, said:

Maybe selling an AX MAN Mech with a Usable AX to chop down other mechs will spur on Sales... I know I would Buy a Mech Pack like that and others i talked to wish for it. Just a thought PGI. Good Luck in designing Future Mech Packs.

I've said it elsewherr ...

Crusader

C r u s a d e r

C
R
U
S
A
D
E
R

#13 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:48 PM

Listening to Critical Rocket's summary, it sounds like there are financial concerns, and that if it weren't for MW5 development, PGI would have closed up shop a couple years ago, due to lack of funds.

I wonder if making the number of pre-orders received, and the break-even sales goal part of the store page would help guilt the remaining players into ponying up or quietly accepting their fate.

I also think it would be useful for the remaining player base to understand what they simply can't do. For example, I would love to see the Fire Moth, just because it's one of the TRO 3050 mechs (the last to be added), and because I have a mostly Ghost Bear inventory, with a lot of Ghost Bear friends, and that mech was widely used by the Ghost Bear touman. But despite all that, I know that the speed of that mech (as well as some variants of the Flea and Locust) is beyond the capabilities of CryEngine. So asking for melee mechs, which will also never happen, is just as fruitless, as much as it would add to the game.

We should also focus on mechs they can add to MW5, since it uses the same artwork. That way, as one dying act, PGI can port all those new mechs into MW5 and turn the game over to the modders, just like MWLL.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 05 June 2019 - 01:55 PM.

#14 Aufelir

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 02:20 PM

View Postleony, on 05 June 2019 - 11:25 AM, said:

In the recent dev stream, Russ said that new 'mech pack releases would depend on company revenue. More money gained by PGI = maybe more 'mech packs.

There will be no set schedule from now on. PGI will release new packs at their discretion.

#15 Kanil

• 1,067 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 05:06 PM

Is the WHM-IIC-A supposed to be available alongside all the other Warhammers?

#16 Rhaezor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 122 posts
  • LocationPT

Posted 05 June 2019 - 05:26 PM

It's so unfair that games like fortnite and dota/lol get so much revenue and games like MWO have to struggle to exist.
These popularity phenomenons are not only unfair they are silly. Fortnite was nothing before they copied PUBG and now all the kids are emptying their parents credit cards on a battlefield heroes clone with GW2 jumping puzzles, ffs.

#17 leony

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 05 June 2019 - 06:51 PM

View PostRhaezor, on 05 June 2019 - 05:26 PM, said:

It's so unfair that games like fortnite and dota/lol get so much revenue and games like MWO have to struggle to exist.
These popularity phenomenons are not only unfair they are silly. Fortnite was nothing before they copied PUBG and now all the kids are emptying their parents credit cards on a battlefield heroes clone with GW2 jumping puzzles, ffs.

True, it's happening to me with my 11yrs old son.

#18 Moebius Pi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 211 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 07:49 PM

This game doesn't appeal to the younger crowd much. There's a reason it's filled with grown adults and not much teenagers/early 20 somethings. An old franchise without anything relevant to talk about or grow interest for a long, long time (even if new products bring back the old fans repeatedly). Table Top and minis? Outdated. Turn based nostalgia that's basically a table top on a computer? Outdated. It's still milking the established fan-base.

High skill ceiling mobas (that eat up a lot of time to get anywhere), or colorful twitch shooters will always be more popular. The next, new flashy thing will always draw attention. Just keep in mind a lot of Fortnite's crowd already have moved on to other pastures twice over (or similar games are effectively DOA after 2 years or less), as with most King of the Hill, F2P style shooters that pop out every year, trying to stay ahead of the rising tide of ADD. The migrations are fast, and often especially if they lack a substantial tournament scene (which keeps LoL and DOTA2 for that matter, relevant. Alternatives like HON and Blizzard's attempt are already dead, and the momentum of their pride and joy class-based shooter didn't last that long either).

This sucker keeps going by the sheer stubborn tenacity of the franchise fans, as well as the slower pace (the exact thing that bores many newcomers) that appealed to the older crowd that wanted to game, but not feel like every match was going to be some squeaker's teabag bouncing off their nose. It could be a lot better, but it still had a niche beyond "big stompy robots" to draw other folks in.

The lack of easy entry for newcomers (and information in that regard, but it can turn a bit into a chicken and the egg situation because there aren't many folks streaming/explaining/promoting it, so there ends up being less helpful content in a vicious circle and less exposure), advertising, pop-culture relevance, intense pacing... eh, it's not surprising in the least it wasn't too popular (barely a blip on the F2P radar, player base size wise), it's outlasted quite a lot of games despite the state it's been in perpetually, but financial success + Battletech based material tends to be very, very inconsistent, regardless of how rose-tinted we want to think the franchise is. We often look to MW2 and 3 fondly as massive successes... and then forget how many franchise ventures went **** up or weren't capable of being financially supported by the fanbase without trading hands, effectively going on a short life support burst, and fizzling again (let alone how scummy some of those companies were with their fingers in the BT pie... and I'm not talking about PGI at all in this instance).

I feel this game would have done quite well on consoles though especially as folks gravitated away from other war/vehicle sims as they dropped like flies but that never became (and still doesn't seem to be able to be) a reality. It might be a vain hope despite some severe criticism on my part regarding what went on with this game, but if they can really get the Unreal engine up to snuff I wouldn't be surprised if there does end up being a PVP portion or console outing to bring in more bucks. Assuming Microsoft doesn't go "Meh. We're doing our own thing, no renewal for you" to drag in their own money. Unfortunately, that all apparently hinges on the money MW5 gets; and if it's not enough, don't be surprised if we see the PGI offices close, the license get dropped (or MS seeing there's potential and deciding to keep it for themselves) a new company name cooked up, and some other venture with "Not-PGI-On-The-Financial-Books".

#19 Kasumi Sumika

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationFeeding the Fires of Rubicon

Posted 05 June 2019 - 08:33 PM

Why WHM-IIC-A is not in MC release?
Is WHM-IIC-A also be available on CBills release?

#20 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:27 PM

Is it just me, or are they no longer dropping custmization sales along side the cbill releases?
@Matt Newman, what's going on?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users