26 replies to this topic

#21 Darky101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 219 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 01:05 AM

View PostKodan Black, on 05 June 2019 - 11:35 AM, said:

Russ explained in the latest dev update that mech packs lose them money and they feel like overall there are so many mechs/variants that they don't bring as much to the game and thus why people aren't as likely to buy them. They will still do some, but it seems more likely they will release them quarterly instead of monthly.

I hope there arent finantial problems. 😣
Would hate to see them go bankrubt.

Sorry for the repost! Phones acting weird.

#22 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 05:28 AM

So which Charger & Hatamoto Chi variants are the best?

I'm eyeing the base Charger for a ~340-350 rated engine, 2 heavy PPCs, and 5 medium lasers...

#23 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:31 AM

View PostJonathan8883, on 06 June 2019 - 05:28 AM, said:

I'm eyeing the base Charger for a ~340-350 rated engine, 2 heavy PPCs, and 5 medium lasers...

Buy the Mech Packs and have them all :) The question becomes moot!

#24 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 June 2019 - 08:05 AM

Is it sad or elitist of me to miss the obscenely expensive modules just so I can have a reason to spend cbills? I was just thinking about recommending the collectors packs for the cbill-boosted mechs, before realizing that most folks are probably in the same boat as me, with more cbills than they know what to do with since the skill tree update. I still get those ones if I'm buying a mech pack, just to feel special and make my impatience worthwhile, but I haven't needed the cbills in a couple years...

#25 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 11:12 AM

View PostJonathan8883, on 06 June 2019 - 05:28 AM, said:

TBH : I don't like the PPC weapons in this game at all unless you are building some boring camping Shadow Cat mech with them... :(

Remove the PPC and slap on some Lasers for the best effectiveness ;)

View PostRhaezor, on 05 June 2019 - 05:26 PM, said:

It's so unfair that games like fortnite and dota/lol get so much revenue and games like MWO have to struggle to exist.
These popularity phenomenons are not only unfair they are silly. Fortnite was nothing before they copied PUBG and now all the kids are emptying their parents credit cards on a battlefield heroes clone with GW2 jumping puzzles, ffs.

But then again : I like MOW because those kids are not playing it! ;)

View PostMoebius Pi, on 05 June 2019 - 07:49 PM, said:

This game doesn't appeal to the younger crowd much.

Do you want some little annoying punk telling everyone what they did last night with someone's mother ?!

I know I don't :D

#26 Crux7

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 05:24 AM

[color=#F0FF5A]Moebius Pi[/color] I agree with what you've said.
I really like this, BECAUSE it's not just fast twitch and fly by nigh.
I've played since the original MW, but I'm not a fanboy of the books etc and the card game was rubbish IMO.

my 3 kids do not play this, despite being given all the help and incentive. Just not their thing.
none of he younger generation at my old LANS liked it either.
Nothing to be done.

Meanwhile, my dad likes to play a fly fishing simulator. Father in law a golf sim. go figure

#27 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 09 June 2019 - 05:27 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 06 June 2019 - 08:05 AM, said:

Is it sad or elitist of me to miss the obscenely expensive modules just so I can have a reason to spend cbills? I was just thinking about recommending the collectors packs for the cbill-boosted mechs, before realizing that most folks are probably in the same boat as me, with more cbills than they know what to do with since the skill tree update. I still get those ones if I'm buying a mech pack, just to feel special and make my impatience worthwhile, but I haven't needed the cbills in a couple years...

Maybe elitist :P

Seriously though, it seems to me one point of this sale may be for those with too much cBills on hand: these Mech could only be bought with real money until now right? So, to keep "you" playing, and maybe spend more real money elsewhere, then these Mechs are an option to that end.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users