I.S. MECHS = JAVELIN and ROUGHNECK
CLAN MECHS = SUPERNOVA and LINEBACKER

#2 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 11:06 AM

A shame the Civil War mech discounts are only for the mechpacks.

#3 Gannycus

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 11:24 AM

View PostQuakeRiley, on 07 June 2019 - 11:06 AM, said:

A shame the Civil War mech discounts are only for the mechpacks.

Well, like Russ said, no mechpacks no future. This game is bound to MW5, if the second will not excel in selling (and for what I see I didn't expect a bestsellers) then MWO will fall in the next few years, if you like this game support it buying some mechpacks.

#4 Tame The Strange

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 12:34 PM

Personally, I think MW5 looks really good, at least graphically so I'm remaining optimistic. But just overall there seems to be a much better sense of scale, destructible environments, etc. If MWO had the same graphics detail, I'd have trouble not spending money on it ... also I'd struggle with leaving my computer :P

#5 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 07 June 2019 - 12:58 PM

Hrm, another chance for me to ponder the Boiler at 50% off, eh?

#6 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 07 June 2019 - 01:45 PM

View PostTame The Strange, on 07 June 2019 - 12:34 PM, said:

Personally, I think MW5 looks really good, at least graphically so I'm remaining optimistic. But just overall there seems to be a much better sense of scale, destructible environments, etc. If MWO had the same graphics detail, I'd have trouble not spending money on it ... also I'd struggle with leaving my computer :P

I dunno, MWO has some rather amazing detail relatively. What sort of blew my mind was the dance club somewhere in Solaris blaring music when standing near it ... I recommend a casual stroll in the training grounds to help appreciate what is there because from the look on the tea leaves it won't be around much longer.

#7 SniperFury

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 01:45 PM

Anyone got some recommendations. I know the Annihilator and Mad Cat II are good.

#8 Adamant80

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 58 posts
  • LocationI'm not sure...

Posted 07 June 2019 - 02:03 PM

View PostGannycus, on 07 June 2019 - 11:24 AM, said:

Well, like Russ said, no mechpacks no future. This game is bound to MW5, if the second will not excel in selling (and for what I see I didn't expect a bestsellers) then MWO will fall in the next few years, if you like this game support it buying some mechpacks.

What if you have the ethical dilemma of wanting to watch a company burn for poorly handling the $100+ you invested into it but also want MWO and MW5 succeed?

#9 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 07 June 2019 - 02:09 PM

View PostAdamant80, on 07 June 2019 - 02:03 PM, said:

What if you have the ethical dilemma of wanting to watch a company burn for poorly handling the $100+ you invested into it but also want MWO and MW5 succeed?

I'd take the latter: something is better than nothing :)

#10 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 02:17 PM

View PostSniperFury, on 07 June 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

Anyone got some recommendations. I know the Annihilator and Mad Cat II are good.

I own two Roughnecks and planning on getting a second Linebacker.

As for the mech packs, both the Arctic Wolf and the Osiris are solid in their respective weight classes.

#11 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 02:29 PM

I used to want a 50% Civil War sale.

With recent news, I think waiting for 75% is a better idea.

25% is just... meh.

#12 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 07 June 2019 - 02:34 PM

Yeah, that's me, though for some of us that $100 is over $1000...
I've been watching for 6 years while they seem to struggle with matchmaking, UI scaling, and various other things.
I've been annoyed as **** to see my money be invested in change for the sake of change. (F ur skill tree!)
...And yet I keep playing, and keep hoping PGI will learn and improve the game.

Well, like Russ said, no mechpacks no future.
...if you like this game support it buying some mechpacks.

I've been tempted by the Nightstar pack because the NSR-9J(S) has a nifty paint scheme, and since I've been playing Nightstars anyway, having one with a C-Bill bonus would help.
And it gets me the NSR-9S.
Those aren't good reasons, but for all of MWOs flaws (OMG, F ur PSR) I keep coming back to it, and it sounds more and more like PGI is getting desperate for money and the existence of the game is at risk.
(And now that I re-read that, it looks way too dramatic.)

Edited by Liquid Leopard, 07 June 2019 - 03:18 PM.

#13 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 07 June 2019 - 02:39 PM

View PostSniperFury, on 07 June 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

Of the two of those, I like the Mad Cat II a lot better.

The Annihilator has it's virtues, but the weapons are all waist-high (and well below the pilot's eye level), and you have to expose most of your mech to fire. You're a big target at that point.

The Mad Cat II's layout puts the weapons closer to the cockpit level, so I find it much easier to play.

#14 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 03:20 PM

Have to agree Mad Cat II is way better than the Anni.
Though the Nightstar is good also.

Edited by Bwah Ha Ha, 07 June 2019 - 03:21 PM.

#15 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 03:20 PM

What if you have the ethical dilemma of wanting to watch a company burn for poorly handling the $100+ you invested into it

There's nothing ethical about revenge.

#16 Gannycus

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 03:40 PM

Oh.. I think your feeling is well embraced from many of us who invested so many money in such a company. But the solution is the second option you mention, because with no succeed, it's difficult to find another company who would to invest in a niche universe like Battletech with all its flavours but also all its difficulties.

#17 Gannycus

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 03:55 PM

View PostTame The Strange, on 07 June 2019 - 12:34 PM, said:

Personally, I think MW5 looks really good, at least graphically so I'm remaining optimistic. But just overall there seems to be a much better sense of scale, destructible environments, etc. If MWO had the same graphics detail, I'd have trouble not spending money on it ... also I'd struggle with leaving my computer Posted Image

Problem for me it's not the graphic, As far as I'm concerned I will be happy with a MW3 graphic. Problem is the gameplay, the ramdom approach of the maps it's a double edge knife, these maps risk to have no identity and can lose appeal in the long run, emphasize by the lack of equipment and mechs pre-invasion.

I played Battletech, the game bored me after the campaign story to keep play it. Solution here was and is Roguetech with its variety. I hope the mod support for MW5 would do the same that Roguetech did for Battletech, and save the game if for some reason would not be so appreciated.

#18 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 325 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 07 June 2019 - 04:07 PM

I'll pick up an Annihilator collector's pack tomorrow. I've been meaning to get an ANH, so it'll be good to get an (S).

Too bad I didn't wait until this sale back when I bought my Osiris pack. Posted Image

Happy to support the game, and looking forward to MW5.

If mech pack sales are going to be a new trend, I'd love to see the Marauder pack go on sale. :D (Wanna buy the collector's plus the Bounty Hunter!)

Edited by Renzor the Red, 07 June 2019 - 04:11 PM.

#19 F R O S T W O L F

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 04:48 PM

[...] if you like this game support it buying some mechpacks.

This attitude annoys me. Not your attitude, PGI's attitude. I'm not going to shoot the messenger.

I get that a company can't survive if customers don't buy what it's selling. But when your stuff isn't selling, maybe it's time to think about *why* it's not selling, and either make it more attractive, or accept that people don't want it and sell them something they do want. If I'm selling whiskey at a teetotallers convention, whose fault is it that nobody's buying?

I'll happily support the game by paying for content that isn't mechpacks. I already have more mechs than I know what to do with. What I want is quality of life improvements. I have more money than time, like most whales, so give me items that turn money into time. I already have a 6-month balance of premium time. Sell me more stuff like this. Give me cbill boosters. Give me xp boosters. I'll buy the **** out of things like that. Hell, just go all out and sell a monthly subscription that unlocks all mechs and components for as long as you keep your subscription active. Sure, it's not for everyone, but whales like me will buy it, and the game can stay alive for those who prefer to play for free.

Or keep asking me to buy mechpacks and see how that works out.

That said, if you ARE in the market for mechs, sure, buy mechpacks and support the game :)

#20 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 06:08 PM

View PostLuscious Dan, on 07 June 2019 - 12:58 PM, said:

Hrm, another chance for me to ponder the Boiler at 50% off, eh?

Do it. Double UAC20 with no ghost heat on a mech bigger than the Hunchback IIC is a barrel of laughs. And if you have the MC just sitting there then you may as well!
Also... I'm gonna be the oddball and say "YAY" for the Civil War mechpacks being on sale. I'd already been thinking about the MadCat MkII

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users