22 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 11:06 AM

What: UI Design Procedure AMA
When: Wednesday June 19th
(There will be 2 sessions to best accommodate for the different time-zones)
@ 10AM PDT // 5PM UTC
@ 6PM PDT // 1AM UTC
Which Devs attending:
Emily - UI Designer
Victor - UI Designer
Russ Bullock - PGI President
Where: In the MW5 Community Pre-order Discord!
How: To attend, you must have access to the MW5 Community Discord where you will be able to tune into the AMA Sessions Voice Channel and type in the #ama_questions Text Channel to ask your question. The Devs attending will then respond to the questions in the Voice Channel, very much like listening to a live podcast, except on Discord!

#2 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 June 2019 - 11:07 AM

First.
let's hear amout UI then.

#3 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 11:14 AM

Will the UI not become smaller and smaller with a higher Resolution (aka the 4k tiny ui scaling problem)?

#4 Wolfos31

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 271 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:00 PM

We need some examples of the UI to be able to participate in this AMA. Can PGI please drop some extra screenshots on the discord or make a short video showing off different UI assets? The most recent UI that we know about is from the MechCon demo which primarily showed the Mech UI. We don't know what the world map looks like, what accepting contracts looks like, etc.

Thank you.

#5 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:54 PM

View PostWolfos31, on 14 June 2019 - 12:00 PM, said:

We need some examples of the UI to be able to participate in this AMA. Can PGI please drop some extra screenshots on the discord or make a short video showing off different UI assets? The most recent UI that we know about is from the MechCon demo which primarily showed the Mech UI. We don't know what the world map looks like, what accepting contracts looks like, etc.

Thank you.

But then they'd have to engage with the community.... That's one of the reasons the AMA is closed to those who haven't brought the game. They've already brought the game so they're more likely to go along with what's been done (because let's face it, they're not going to change the UI at this stage).

Also; GOG/Epic release when? It's been hinted at but nothing has been confirmed.

#6 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:09 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 14 June 2019 - 12:54 PM, said:

Also; GOG/Epic release when? It's been hinted at but nothing has been confirmed.

What I remember from Critical Rocket's YouTube summary, is that Russ gave the impression of Epic being invitation only, and Microsoft probably looking poorly on the game not being available on Steam (or available to the widest possible audience, in general). Of course, at this point this is hearsay, referencing a notoriously wishwashy source. :)

#7 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:42 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 14 June 2019 - 02:09 PM, said:

What I remember from Critical Rocket's YouTube summary, is that Russ gave the impression of Epic being invitation only, and Microsoft probably looking poorly on the game not being available on Steam (or available to the widest possible audience, in general). Of course, at this point this is hearsay, referencing a notoriously wishwashy source. Posted Image

He said there' no plans to release it exclusively on Epic... although he did hint that they could potentially move it over because "other games did".

@6:00 "We're actually also planning on releasing it for GOG, I think this could be the official announcement for that"

He also mentions their own portal and using your steam key there and on gog... if I understood him correctly.

Still waiting for details.... or even some kind of written conformation.

What's a real kick is how he only mentions this half-way through the pre-order countdown. Giving other platform users less incentive to pre-order.

Edited by VonBruinwald, 14 June 2019 - 02:51 PM.

#8 Chaosity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 14 June 2019 - 04:51 PM

Drop DISCORD please! Use Twitter like before. DISCORD puts hooks into windows that threatens system security. With my security settings set very high DISCORD will not run.

Signed... Retired SW Eng. that knows what he's talking about.

#9 Alilua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 362 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 06:21 AM

I like the new/updated dropship model in the banner there.

#10 BenMillard

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 38 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 15 June 2019 - 01:43 PM

Pictures speak a thousand words, please.

#11 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 15 June 2019 - 02:00 PM

As long as PGI dont pull a really ROTTEN last time pullover from steam/ gog and switch to "epic". I'll volcano if that happens.
We have had ENOUGH snide and lousy exclusive bs these last monts. Sure, bigger initial financial boost by joining ePIC. But at a severe cost of being exclusive, not reaching out to audinces and also a trauma towards fans and possible new fans by saying they are oging for steam release but.. nah, sry, epic now "under the table frigging deals"
Shall I mention them?

Phoenix Point from from Mr. Xcom Gollop & Co. Had the the oddasity and guts to take such a switcharoo after the promise of a steam release. Oh yeah.... refund, that will help..

Shenmue 3... This is hilarious, as the one above, kickstarter BACKED with promises and reasurrences. NOPE. Epic oh and you want refunds? Too bad, you dont get any!

The outer worlds and Metro Exodus. Now, luckily for us hybrid gamers, myself included. I dont need to use Epic store for getting my claws into TOW. Because its on Xbox ONE. I do think it will come for steam after what.. 6 months, but thats a jinx move.
Metro Exodus were also shown to be for steam in trailers and promotions, nope Epic.. Metro Exodus will come out in a year... for steam and others....
To be fair it was Deep Silver, the publishers for the ones developing the Metro series, 4A games that went rotten and 4A had to be "yes men" and accept the deal no matter what. Yeah btw, Deep Silver publish Shenmue 3 too, so yeah. Nice bunch!

Just search up youtube for YongYea, Laymen Gaming, The Quartering, Jimquisition, Upper Echelon Gaming, BellularGaming. Great fellas and content creators with in depth talks and warnings about the insane, rotten and utterly greedy trends in the gaming/ media industry. At the cost of fans, developers ( most, some are ****, like very few publishers are great ) and the employers rights.

Now. PGI, not promoting Mech Warrior 5 on STEAM, gog etc. Why NOT?
Dont you want the game to be known and rake in dosh from a wider audience and oh I dont know? Create awarness in the Battletech universe/ franchise? Reasons?
Planning a cop-out like the ones I described above for grabbing early money at the expense of an alredy niche game that sorely could use some worthwhile and MUCH needed attention?

Its for steam, I pre ordered it for steam. Dont jinx it, just dont! Also release it for gog if it isnt, windows store. Heck I would buy it even on Xbox one if that would be a possibility. Coach and wiiiidescreen with umps form bass and speakers!

Yeah, kinda upset rambling but for a real, realy fear and worry about exclusivity non-sense.
No wide audience gain, no game for me again..

Edited by Tordin, 15 June 2019 - 02:05 PM.

#12 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 15 June 2019 - 03:43 PM

View PostTordin, on 15 June 2019 - 02:00 PM, said:

As long as PGI dont pull a really ROTTEN last time pullover from steam/ gog and switch to "epic". I'll volcano if that happens.
We have had ENOUGH snide and lousy exclusive bs these last monts.

I'm with you here, I've nothing wrong with a steam as long as they provide a Gog edition, an epic would be nice to. Really we want it launched on as many platforms as possible.

Of course, you're ranting about epic exclusives but it's not like most of the games using the source engine aren't steam exclusives. Quid pro quo. Remember if you're arguing against Epic exclusives you should also be against Steam exclusives, otherwise you're just being a hypocrite; of course, devs going back on their words is even worse.

#13 Rhaezor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 122 posts
  • LocationPT

Posted 15 June 2019 - 04:59 PM

Why are you so worried? The way I see it there are mostly these ways:
1 game releases on steam normally, though its strange there is no page, publicity, CARDS in mwo ETC!!
2 game releases on epic exclusive for 1 year, PGI gets a ton of funds which is good, and there is a steam key for PREORDERS at launch.
3 game " " " " " "..., and there ISNT a steam key for preorders., we refund it and keep the pre order mwo bonuses.

Any of them is pretty good tbh.

Edited by Rhaezor, 15 June 2019 - 05:00 PM.

#14 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 16 June 2019 - 01:38 AM

Good to see PGI still following the blind man on a galloping horse, driving the development of MW5 into extinction by not involving ALL of the existing and prior MWO players.

Seriously missing out on volumes of potential support and income source by keeping it a closed shop for a minority of people who have been gulled into parting with their money for an incomplete (and looking at recent videos) poorly designed product - - can we see a familiar picture appearing yet again?

#15 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 16 June 2019 - 01:40 AM

MW5 will still have the feature where the game boots you and then penalizes you right?

#16 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 16 June 2019 - 08:36 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 15 June 2019 - 03:43 PM, said:

I'm with you here, I've nothing wrong with a steam as long as they provide a Gog edition, an epic would be nice to. Really we want it launched on as many platforms as possible.

Of course, you're ranting about epic exclusives but it's not like most of the games using the source engine aren't steam exclusives. Quid pro quo. Remember if you're arguing against Epic exclusives you should also be against Steam exclusives, otherwise you're just being a hypocrite; of course, devs going back on their words is even worse.

Sure Im against exclusives. It dosent make a lick of sense. Its costly maybe to launch at say different consoles. But at different pc game launchers? Possibly. Dont developers want to reach a wider audience? Its just baffling.
Only exclusive thing I can understand is games made by say, Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo for each their respective consoles. Even now, such a thing seems to be very bendable regading recent deals with MS and Nintendo and MS and Sony.

ANYWAY. Imo, sure, realease MW5 mercs on GOG and Epic too, not just Steam. But I do think that will be a reality some time after said steam release. One step at a time.

Edited by Tordin, 16 June 2019 - 08:38 AM.

#17 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 09:00 AM

View PostAlilua, on 15 June 2019 - 06:21 AM, said:

I like the new/updated dropship model in the banner there.

Yeah! Looks good! :)

View PostChaosity, on 14 June 2019 - 04:51 PM, said:

Drop DISCORD please! Use Twitter like before. DISCORD puts hooks into windows that threatens system security. With my security settings set very high DISCORD will not run.

Signed... Retired SW Eng. that knows what he's talking about.

110% agree! :)

Discord is just pure spyware and a horrible Electron app! Ditch it A.S.A.P. !!!

Not that Twitter is any better by the way but still : Say NO to SPYWARE and Electron crapware! Posted Image

#18 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 11:32 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 14 June 2019 - 11:06 AM, said:

will be 2 sessions to best accommodate for the different time-zones)

So you guys are aware there are different time-zones? Posted Image
But you decided to change the game mode in FP every 2 hours instead of every 2 days ... Posted Image

Edited by Wishmast3r, 17 June 2019 - 11:32 AM.

#19 Corbon Zackery

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:12 PM

I won't be as this one Wednesday. I'm going up to WI to boat, golf and swim.

I still feel that their are issues with the AI development its still when I watched the team play russ did it seemed like the AI bots were very confused. Rotating through target until it found one it might kill. By that time it had already taken lethal damage.

Not really seeing the coordination between AI Mechs, Ground vehicles, and VTOLs that you would normally see.

Also like to see some static infantry with fixed guns, or shooting out buildings We want the whole MechWarrior experience.

Also live video for the mission dialog is needed. It looks Bad with the current Dialog boxes the don't really fit.

https://youtu.be/XUM3jx0ob40

So you can see at 4:35 how confused the locust is he's running not even really shooting anyone.

You go to 5:07 the Firestarter is so confused its switching back and forth through 3 targets.

8:11 one tank just breaks formation and charges all 4 mechs.

10:00 the big fight starts, and its just utter AI bot chaos. You can just see them twitching back and forth, and go into circle patters.

So production is getting their but thats my worst fear. If AI Bots are just a huge joke its not going be what everyone wants.

Thanks

#20 BenMillard

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 38 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 19 June 2019 - 09:18 AM

Is this being streamed anywhere, please?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users