Mwo Comp Switched To 12V12?

43 replies to this topic

#1 EXeCuToRPriME

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:38 PM

Listen to this perspective. Been building up a unit for a little over a year(Paragon Sect). We got to the point where we could start fielding 12 mans a couple nights out of the week. We have worked on and devised drop decks for 12mans utilizing innnersphere and clan tech, anything available. All of our strats and gameplay that we are used to are all 12v12. All moves, sniper nest, corners to anchor are all based on 12v12. If this years comp is based on 8v8 its really going put us out of our element.

Now I do know that the MWO Devs are trying to breathe new life, trying to switch it up, trying new things. For example last year is was all default configs. It was cool, worth trying, but I know I have worked so hard on testing and building configs myself, spent real money on it, I've been part of brainstorming sessions, It's a big part of the deck building experience. I think this idea continues to write itself if you catch my drift. Sometimes simple is better, why change it up, 12v12 is WHAT WE HAVE STRIVED FOR, for over the past year. It would be awesome to compete in worlds, 12v12 would really show off the hard work of some of these units. Please I would love to see a 12v12 comp. If they can field 8 they can field 12, especially if you have a weeks notice. If a unit can't field 12 players with a weeks notice then they have failed as a unit. Lets go out with a bang.

All maps, default tonnage limit which is 600 for a 12 man I believe. Time limit, 20 mins? 20 Mins is default time for a mwo match so why change it, catch my drift on the rules right, everything the same, keep it simple, keep it what we are used to.

Comp players dont respect good pilots in group que because its not comp. But on the other hand I dont respect comp players because they arent playing 12v12, whats the problem is it to many targets for you guys to count?(buaha) Why would i respect a 8v8 game when ive put in a lot for work and attention for 12v12.

Is there a serious unit that has thrown together good drop decks for 12 mans, its hard. Seen alot of noob drop 12mans running a bunch of lights so they can field a few assualts. 12 man is what units have worked for, we should have our spot in comp as a 12 man. Dont change the tonnage limits, that would screw it all up, default is 600 tons.

PGI could go as far as to email all the unit leaders to let them know about a 12v12 competition, maybe we would see some pilots and units come out of retirement.

I dont consider 8v8 a full fledged mwo battle, i do consider 12v12 full fledged. And PGI should accommodate a 12v12 comp before doing a 8v8. 12v12 is a better representation of the money we have spent, time and effort, its what we have worked for.

"Hey guys, this is a 12v12 game, but we're going to make the championships 8v8. We're also not going to include an 8v8 for you to actually play." Quoted from VonBruinwald lol

Edited by EXeCuToRPriME, 14 June 2019 - 03:21 PM.

#2 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:44 PM

Sounds fun, esp if the tonnage limits are lowish to prevent camping

#3 EXeCuToRPriME

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:50 PM

Bruh, why would you change tonnage limits, i believe tonnage limit is 600 for a 12 man, keep it simple. Keep it what we are used to.

#4 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 01:04 PM

when you change the final tonnage the game dynamic changes..

Its good, It should be like this... but just not with this game

#5 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 01:05 PM

Too bad, no 12 vs 12 then :D

#6 EXeCuToRPriME

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 01:11 PM

Why do you not say with this game Burning? Comp players dont respect good pilots in group que because its not comp. But on the other hand I dont respect comp players because they arent playing 12v12, whats the problem is it to many targets for you guys to count?(buaha) Why would i respect a 8v8 game when ive put in a lot for work and attention for 12v12.

#7 EXeCuToRPriME

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 01:14 PM

Is thier a serious unit that has thrown together good drop decks for 12 mans, its hard. Seen alot of noob drop 12mans running a bunch of lights so they can field a few assualts. 12 man is what units have worked for, we should have our spot in comp as a 12 man. Dont change the tonnage limits, that would screw it all up, default is 600 tons.

PGI could go as far as to email all the unit leaders to let them know about a 12v12 competition, maybe we would see some pilots and units come out of retirement.

Edited by EXeCuToRPriME, 14 June 2019 - 01:18 PM.

#8 The ImpIication

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 01:20 PM

Unclear why you think comp should change to accommodate you and not the other way around.

You might want to start practicing 8v8.

#9 EXeCuToRPriME

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 01:31 PM

Its not about me, I offered my perspective as a unit leader. The big picture is, you have huge units with 150+ plus memebers, that should being playing 12v12 in comp. My perspective is going to be similar to others. You say why 8v8 should be change to accommodate me? Why should i change to accommodate 8v8 when my whole drive, my whole goal has been 12v12, thats how the game is set up. I dont consider 8v8 a full fledged mwo battle, i do consider 12v12 full fledged. And PGI should accommodate a 12v12 comp before doing a 8v8. 12v12 is a better representation of the money we have spent, time and effort, its what we have worked for.

Edited by EXeCuToRPriME, 14 June 2019 - 01:38 PM.

#10 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 14 June 2019 - 01:32 PM

View PostAri Gold, on 14 June 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

Unclear why you think comp should change to accommodate you and not the other way around.

You might want to start practicing 8v8.

You make a good point, we need to host the MWO:WC on the Oceanic servers... make the champion teams play on the same terms as the Pacific crowd.

#11 EXeCuToRPriME

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 01:34 PM

Yeah well i think i make the better point.

#12 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 14 June 2019 - 01:39 PM

View PostEXeCuToRPriME, on 14 June 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

Yeah well i think i make the better point.

You do, but the eSpurters are the ones having the backroom conversations with PGI.

When PGI were discussing moving the MWO:WC off site because of the costs do you think any of them said "Hey, let's use some of the money from the TSP's to fund an on site WC", nope, they’re only out to line their own pockets. I bet they're doubly happy because the WC servers will no doubt be hosted in the US, where their teams are based.

#13 EXeCuToRPriME

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 01:57 PM

As far as the servers, i think thats where all you guys out of NA gotta bend over backwards and just play in NA. I believe most of the population of MWO is in NA, so its just a fact. Unless you want to make it complicated and split it by area. That will mean less participation, and less validity if you win, oh you won Euro divsion? Big woop, see what I mean

#14 The ImpIication

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:13 PM

View PostEXeCuToRPriME, on 14 June 2019 - 01:31 PM, said:

Its not about me, I offered my perspective as a unit leader. The big picture is, you have huge units with 150+ plus memebers, that should being playing 12v12 in comp. My perspective is going to be similar to others. You say why 8v8 should be change to accommodate me? Why should i change to accommodate 8v8 when my whole drive, my whole goal has been 12v12, thats how the game is set up. I dont consider 8v8 a full fledged mwo battle, i do consider 12v12 full fledged. And PGI should accommodate a 12v12 comp before doing a 8v8. 12v12 is a better representation of the money we have spent, time and effort, its what we have worked for.

This is like saying you trained for the 1000m race then enter the 800m hurdles and demand they change the race to what you've been mistakenly practicing for.

And how many 150+ units are actually out there these days? 228, CH, AW, MS...? And half of those rosters are inactive and they simply run multiple comp teams for those who want to play in the league.

#15 EXeCuToRPriME

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:24 PM

no the main race is 12v12. Dont know what you noobs are doing in that side field running 8v8's. Is obviously a level lower

#16 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:34 PM

View PostAri Gold, on 14 June 2019 - 02:13 PM, said:

This is like saying you trained for the 1000m race then enter the 800m hurdles and demand they change the race to what you've been mistakenly practicing for.

You say this like it's a stupid thing to do but that's exactly what PGI have done. And taken one step further.

"Hey guys, this is a 12v12 game, but we're going to make the championships 8v8. We're also not going to include an 8v8 for you to actually play."

#17 The ImpIication

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:45 PM

View PostEXeCuToRPriME, on 14 June 2019 - 02:24 PM, said:

no the main race is 12v12. Dont know what you noobs are doing in that side field running 8v8's. Is obviously a level lower

I'm starting to get the impression the reason people don't respect you is not related to your 12v12 preference.

#18 EXeCuToRPriME

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 03:19 PM

1v1 me bro

#19 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 04:22 PM

Would need a tonnage increase in spite of what you are practiced with in group queue. Sounds like you want the group queue championships not a real World Championships the rest of us are used to seeing.

#20 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 04:30 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 14 June 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

You say this like it's a stupid thing to do but that's exactly what PGI have done. And taken one step further.

"Hey guys, this is a 12v12 game, but we're going to make the championships 8v8. We're also not going to include an 8v8 for you to actually play."

Except everyone with the game installed last year could make a team and launch this mysterious 8v8 thing you couldn't find in game?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users