Best Quirks You've Ever Seen In A Mech.

42 replies to this topic

#21 evilauthor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 519 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 03:52 PM

I was looking at mechs on sale today and noticed the Hero Supernova had a +1 HSL quirk for the Clan UAC/20.

Only reason I didn't buy it was because the Weapons Expertise Event currently going on doesn't require the UAC/20, just the Clan "regular" AC/20 and I was specifically looking for a mech that could wield two of them.

#22 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 04:40 PM

ac5s are completely useless without the monster ballistic quirks we used to have.

#23 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 15 June 2019 - 06:04 PM

View PostSjorpha, on 15 June 2019 - 07:50 AM, said:

I'd say right now the Dragon FANG has the strongest quirks in the game, best taken advantage of with AC10 + 3LL.

FANG

You mean like that?

View Postevilauthor, on 15 June 2019 - 03:52 PM, said:

I was looking at mechs on sale today and noticed the Hero Supernova had a +1 HSL quirk for the Clan UAC/20.

Only reason I didn't buy it was because the Weapons Expertise Event currently going on doesn't require the UAC/20, just the Clan "regular" AC/20 and I was specifically looking for a mech that could wield two of them.

c-AC20 are really bad. I never knew that until I had to use one for the event. I used it on my Veagle. It was atrocious. The Supernova Boiler is a good mech. UAC20s and SRM6+A will run hot very quickly but you'll kill enemies quickly and coolshots will be one of your most valuable assets.

#24 Dauntless Blint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 408 posts
  • LocationPlaying other games.

Posted 15 June 2019 - 11:58 PM

I miss the OLD KGC before the skill tree.
Ballistics cycle too slow and hot now and the meta has moved so far it feels pretty bad.
I just play it because I like the model.

It's quirk if it's to be believed was that it had a medium mech movement profile or at least that's what I was told was the reason it got nerfed. I think the original premise was to try and help It's hit box's rolling damage, (which are still garbage) and armor quirks can't fix that. I used to strip half the armor off for mobility and ammo and play it like a glass cannon, trade in death or wipe out a lance with firepower and position (and teammates).
I can't even trade most of the time now that it has 3 times the armor I used to have.
It also feels like AC5 & UAC5 ammo capacity is greatly reduced.(from 2 years ago) compounding nerfs?

Dragon and Wubverine had the best perks.

#25 Strength Damage Cliff Racer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 10:52 AM

View Postevilauthor, on 15 June 2019 - 03:52 PM, said:

Hunchie IIC got same quirk. Small profile, relatively fast.
NEEDS torso speed skills though.
Oh, and I only got 200 rounds on mine.

On the mechs I miss, it was heavily armored blackjack with insane Energy range quirk. However, I would be okay with said range quirk only affecting small/small pulse lasers, because that's the main way I used one - perfect, very heat efficient backup.

#26 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 16 June 2019 - 03:24 PM

Dragon 1N as people have said. was really fun

The Quickdraw with the broken 1000% missile cooldown quirk for the tiny amount of time it existed.

The Black knights had enough quirks to make them pretty damn good in FP, was really common to see 12 Black Knights until they were nerfed, nerfed again and then 'rescaled' to the size of the Executioner.

As for 'still existing' all the Panthers get pretty hefty quirks.

9R gets -15% Energy cooldown and Missile cooldown, -15% energy heat and between 10-20 armor across the mech, 40% PPC velocity, -10% laser duration and +10% range

8Z gets -20% energy cooldown, +10% range, -10 laser duration and -5% LL cooldown and heat and the same armor as the 9R

10K gets -10% energy cooldown, 20% PPC velocity, -20% energy heat, -10% missile cooldown and 10% missile velocity, same armor quirks again

10P gets -25% ballistic cooldown, +25% ballistic range and +20% ballistic velocity as well as 10% to missile cooldown,range and velocity and the same armor quirks again.

Katana Kat gets 40% PPC velocity, -10% energy cooldown, -15% energy heat and -15% missile cooldown, +10% range and mostly the same armor quirks as the rest (arms have equal armor though).

Thats all just stock quirks, no skilltrees added in yet
I run mine with firepower and survival trees, some of them get mobility to.

My 10P hits 132kph, has the armor of a 50 tonner and fires its AC10 faster than a stock AC5 (1.4 vs 1.6).
My 8Z has LLs that have shorter duration that stock MLs, carries 3 of them and still hits 116 kph
My 10K hits 121 kph, has double AMS and 2 PPCs (they are colder and have the same cooldown as stock LLs)
My KK hits 113 kph, has a SNPPC that has just shy of 800m range, gets full JJ (8).

I really like the Panthers lately, just make sure to never go slower than 110

#27 Ken Harkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 336 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York, USA

Posted 16 June 2019 - 05:55 PM

View PostFupDup, on 15 June 2019 - 12:31 AM, said:

No mention of the Huginn yet?

No kidding! I remember face punching a Thunderbolt in the old ice caverns on original frozen city. Set to chain fire it was a continuous stream of srms to the face which he couldn't get away from. Fun times!

#28 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 June 2019 - 06:03 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 15 June 2019 - 06:04 PM, said:

FANG

You mean like that?

No with XL 300 like this: FANG

IMO 81kph speed and 1 extra heatsink is better than being able to lose the ST, you have so much extra armour and a big CT that you'll survive longer that way and do more damage.

LFE/STD engine makes more sense if you're going for 3ERLL or 3LPLwith a dead right side, both of those builds are also very strong on the Fang.

Edited by Sjorpha, 17 June 2019 - 01:36 PM.

#29 Flyby215

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 888 posts
  • LocationThunder Bay

Posted 17 June 2019 - 11:14 AM

50% Guass cooldown on Gridiron *drools*

I seem to remember people laughing at me for running a non-ECM, ammo-dependent Raven. Then the screaming began, and I was the one laughing. With that evil, murderous, wracking up kills kind of laugh. Posted Image

#30 Ilfi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:28 PM

Vindicator 1X has some mental quirks. Problem is they're all on a Vindicator 1X. Tame stuff like velocity on the Bushwacker X1 ends up being way more useful since it's a good quirk package on an insanely meta chassis.

Edited by Ilfi, 17 June 2019 - 03:29 PM.

#31 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 06:16 PM

If I'm recalling correctly:

Thunderbolt 9S with the -25% PPC Family Heat and -25% ERPPC Heat; alpha 3x ERPPC for days.

Dragon 1C with the -15% Laser Duration, +10% Energy Range, and -20% Energy Cooldown along with the decent armor quirks.

Locust 1E with +30% Energy Range, -25% Laser Duration, -15% Heat.

Blackjack 1DC as it is now, with the -20% Ballistic Cooldown, +10% range, +10% Ballistic Range, -10% Heat, -5% Ballistic Heat, and -10% Laser Duration, all with some modest armor quirks. This is the strongest this variant has ever been, and it's awesome.

#32 O L L O

• PipPipPip
  • Korpral Første Klasse
  • Korpral Første Klasse
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 01:41 AM

View PostY E O N N E, on 17 June 2019 - 06:16 PM, said:

Blackjack 1DC as it is now, with the -20% Ballistic Cooldown, +10% range, +10% Ballistic Range, -10% Heat, -5% Ballistic Heat, and -10% Laser Duration, all with some modest armor quirks. This is the strongest this variant has ever been, and it's awesome.

Do you have a build or two to recommend?

#33 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 18 June 2019 - 02:52 AM

View PostOllollo, on 18 June 2019 - 01:41 AM, said:

I'm guessing you can put a Gauss Rifle to make full use of that Cooldown quirk. It could reduce that 5 sec cooldown to less than 4 seconds easily and with an XL engine to bring you up to around 77-80kph, you can put in the required 1 DHS and MLs to fill up the tonnage.

I think you can do a lot there, like, an AC20 with 3 tons of ammo and MLs, UAC20 + MLs, 2 AC5s + MLs or even just 2 LBX10s like a mini Legend Killer.

#34 O L L O

• PipPipPip
  • Korpral Første Klasse
  • Korpral Første Klasse
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:43 AM

That sounds heavy. I was thinking 1 LBX10 + 4ML or something. Or preferably 1 LBX10 + 4MP but that would probably mean XL. Have to buy one and tinker...

Edit:
6 MP, 17 DHS and 235LE looks nice.

Edited by Ollollo, 18 June 2019 - 05:50 AM.

#35 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:44 AM

Flamer range +15%, such an OP quirk

#36 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:39 PM

View PostOllollo, on 18 June 2019 - 01:41 AM, said:

Gauss + 6ERML (XL)

2AC/5 + 6ERSL (XL)

AC/10 + 6ML (LFE)

3ERLL (XL, use in FP)

Blackjack Guide I wrote for GrimMechs but am too scrub to be accepted.

Edited by Y E O N N E, 18 June 2019 - 05:51 PM.

#37 O L L O

• PipPipPip
  • Korpral Første Klasse
  • Korpral Første Klasse
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 02:28 AM

View PostY E O N N E, on 18 June 2019 - 05:39 PM, said:

Cheers!

#38 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 02:59 AM

Noisy Cricket - Cicada with 50% ppc cool down

#39 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 05:52 AM

How has no one mentioned the black widow on release??? Are you kidding that was probably the most OP mech on release. Maybe because it was a hero AMD mc events were few and far between back then, it could out face tank the old k3 kodiak back when the kodiak had heavy level of movement and could bring 4 Uac 10s.

It had like 20% ballistic and like 20% act. Or something crazy like that. Along with double the armor quirks It has now. It was literally insane.

It got nerfed 4 times.

#40 Gladiolix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 103 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 June 2019 - 01:50 PM

I still wish we had those Grid Iron quirks back, because now the mech is just a shell of its former self....

Edited by Gladiolix, 19 June 2019 - 02:07 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users