Wow, Is Mwo Reddit Toxic Or What?

18 replies to this topic

#1 EXeCuToRPriME

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 06:45 AM

[Redacted]

I really like the forums over here, PGI official forums are a much better enviroment compared to the MWO Outreach Reddit. Thanks for having me. Ive recently been banned from the Outreach reddit and had my 12v12 Comp post deleted. Meanwhile the post still exist here in PGI forums and without toxic flammers, thanks for creating a safe environment for ideas PGI. Here is my testimony related to the MWO Outreach Reddit.

You have been banned from participating in r/OutreachHPG. You can still view and subscribe to r/OutreachHPG, but you won't be able to post or comment.
Note from the moderators:[indent]
Spam robits are not permitted on /r/outreachhpg.
Have a nice day.[/indent]
If you have a question regarding your ban, you can contact the moderator team for r/OutreachHPG by replying to this message.
re: You've been banned from participating in r/OutreachHPG

to /r/OutreachHPG sent just now

Hi, ive had a very real topic banned here at the MWO concerning 12v12 comp, How can the mods delete a post here that is still up on the PGI official forums, its not a spam post, its an honest topic, ill refer you to https://mwomercs.com...tched-to-12v12/ I was offended by some of the replies here on reddit, PGI forums does not have any of that flamming on thier forums.
About my Shamless Braggin and Gloating post, thats not exactly spam, distasteful yes, but its showcasing Wins, certainly not a Bannable Event.
As far as that All Hail Russ Bullock, Time For Kerensky to step down post, i guess its spam, its funny, I asked if i could alter it to get it posted. I reworked it and reposted as a shameless bragging and gloating post. No mods replied, I feel Like i'm being treated unfairly, and Dont deserve my 12v12 comp post to deleted, nor myself to be banned. You need to clean up some of these flammers though, very toxic enviroment compared to PGI forums.

Edited by Tina Benoit, 17 June 2019 - 10:04 AM.
name and shame

#2 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 06:56 AM

Posted Image

#3 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 06:58 AM

View PostEXeCuToRPriME, on 17 June 2019 - 06:57 AM, said:

I keep having to repost my reply to the mods in the MWO Outreach reddit, one of the MODS keeps deleting my response to my ban.

You tried calling him out for 1v1 to release ban in case of your win?

#4 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 06:58 AM

Posted Image

#5 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 06:59 AM

This dude has clearly lost his Rx.

Posted Image

No cross forum wars, for starters.

Edited by McGoat, 17 June 2019 - 07:00 AM.

#6 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts
  • LocationThe Andromeda Initiative

Posted 17 June 2019 - 07:06 AM

Posted Image

#7 EXeCuToRPriME

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 07:06 AM

No forum wars, didnt PGI have something to do with the Outreach Mwo Reddit, I was under that impression. Still getting the word out, this is a serious issue. Bunch of BS is what it is.

#8 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 07:12 AM

stop getting dunked on in Solaris, EZ solution lul

Edited by thievingmagpi, 17 June 2019 - 07:12 AM.

#9 EXeCuToRPriME

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 07:15 AM

reported

#10 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 07:18 AM

Posted Image

#11 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 17 June 2019 - 07:39 AM

No respect.

#12 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,925 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 17 June 2019 - 07:43 AM

View PostEXeCuToRPriME, on 17 June 2019 - 06:45 AM, said:

Night_Thastus is the specific mod in question.

Honestly I find Outreach to be the only place where you can actually discuss the state of the game, and the devs’ various monthly shenanigans, without fear of a brown sea or r/mwo censor moving or deleting your thread, or giving you a time out. As to Night Thastus, imho he has also provided some excellent commentary over the years, and as a mod has provided a high degree of patience even when being intentionally provoked.

Edit: any bets on how long this thread has until it is moved to K-town or closed?

Edited by Bud Crue, 17 June 2019 - 07:44 AM.

#13 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,679 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 17 June 2019 - 07:49 AM

Neither Outreach HPG or the r/MWO reddits are cancerous. If you want to see a truly cancerous reddit, go lurk on the Mortal Kombat reddit. That place is a salt mine and SJW snowflake cesspool. Oh yeah, if you stop by there, be sure to taunt all Mileena fans for not being in MK11.

#14 Xiphias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 07:56 AM

No, generally it isn't unless you bring the toxicity first (which as far as I can tell you did).

Almost without exception the people I see complaining about it can't handle criticism and argue with anyone who tries to tell them they are wrong.

Sure, there are some toxic users on outreach, but generally it's a pretty useful and friendly place as long as you are. If you've got an arrogant attitude and bad ideas you're going to get called out on it on Outreach and you're not going to be sheltered like on the official forums. Reddit in general is not for the thin skinned.

12v12 is a bad idea right now because it is hard for many teams to reliably field that many players. It's better to have more smaller teams because you will get better competition that way (without compromising too much by going smaller). You will be a more interesting and more diverse comp scene by having 8v8s instead of 12v12s. Having played both, limiting to 12v12s is only going to drive more people away at this point, which is a bad thing.

If you really want to play 12v12 comp then I suggest that you host your own tournament and see how many teams you are able to get to sign up.

#15 Sergeant Destroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 08:04 AM

Lots of Djifs here.

#16 MisterSomaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 255 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 08:45 AM

maybe if you didn't threaten someone, even if it was in jest. Mayhap one wouldn't get banned? THONKUS MAXIMUS

#17 Kubernetes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:02 AM

Lmao, no. You've got to be a real tool to get banned from OutreachHPG.

#18 Tiy0s

Staff

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 110 posts
  • LocationEdo, Turtle Bay

Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:07 AM

>Starts salt thread on OHPG with cherry picked win screenshots dating back to Nov 2018. Excludes his losses to look good
>Starts talking **** in the forums
>Challenges people to 1v1s
>Starts using personal attacks when they refuse your 1v1s
>Being a major tool the whole time

"They must have hated my 12v12 comp idea"

Tell ya what, I'mma give you a call later. My theater is doing Westside Story soon and we're gonna need a delusional guy who thinks he's hot stuff.

#19 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:14 AM

[mod]Due to unconstructive topic,
this thread has been closed.[/mod]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users