Thanks for posting this.

#3 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 21 June 2019 - 04:08 AM

Does anyone have bulletpoints/highlights?

Also;
  • Did they answer any of the questions regarding distribution from the AMA announcement thread?
  • Was there any UI put on show? For people to "AMA" about?
  • Might I suggest next time they stream some MW5 gameplay so we can get a feel of how development is going. I'm not suggesting a live-stream, pre-recorded footage from the testing department would suffice.

#4 Wolfos31

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 271 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 05:43 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 21 June 2019 - 04:08 AM, said:

Also;
  • Did they answer any of the questions regarding distribution from the AMA announcement thread?
  • Might I suggest next time they stream some MW5 gameplay so we can get a feel of how development is going. I'm not suggesting a live-stream, pre-recorded footage from the testing department would suffice.

1. Not sure what you mean by this question about distribution?
2. No, they didn't post any screenshots or videos despite our repeated requests in the AMA, on this forum, and directly to Tina & Sean on Discord. I do appreciate Sean acknowledging the request.
3. I think this is an excellent idea. We are less than 3 months away from the stated release date. I hope that we'll begin to see marketing for this game ramp up and more assets being shown off.

My only highlights:
- Most of the UI is floating elements in the "real world" So you walk up to a terminal and then a "ghost" computer screen pops up and you make selections from that. This is opposed to looking at the terminal and pressing a button which does a fade to black, fade to menu. The mechcon demo has a brief demonstration of this when Russ is selecting the Thunderbolt.
- They have designed around color blind players, but will provide no direct settings to change to facilitate accessibility. No color changing, etc. They believe that the design should be color blind friendly out of the box. Which I find... courageous.
- UI elements are real life 2019 military inspired. No demonstrations of what that actually means. But I presume graphical instead of text based icons, with chunky heavy lined designs.
- The UI was designed with the influence of retro futurism. Which is in line with the setting of Battletech. We can travel across the stars but we still slug it out in ground battles etc.

That's all I've got.

#5 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 June 2019 - 07:29 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 21 June 2019 - 04:08 AM, said:

Also;

Not that exciting

This might help a little

https://youtu.be/R81KYrU7ynM

No ingame pics that I'm aware of, yes would help showing what they actually did with the UI

Some MW5 gameplay would be nice

View PostWolfos31, on 21 June 2019 - 05:43 AM, said:

1. Not sure what you mean by this question about distribution?
2. No, they didn't post any screenshots or videos despite our repeated requests in the AMA, on this forum, and directly to Tina & Sean on Discord. I do appreciate Sean acknowledging the request.
3. I think this is an excellent idea. We are less than 3 months away from the stated release date. I hope that we'll begin to see marketing for this game ramp up and more assets being shown off.

My only highlights:
- Most of the UI is floating elements in the "real world" So you walk up to a terminal and then a "ghost" computer screen pops up and you make selections from that. This is opposed to looking at the terminal and pressing a button which does a fade to black, fade to menu. The mechcon demo has a brief demonstration of this when Russ is selecting the Thunderbolt.
- They have designed around color blind players, but will provide no direct settings to change to facilitate accessibility. No color changing, etc. They believe that the design should be color blind friendly out of the box. Which I find... courageous.
- UI elements are real life 2019 military inspired. No demonstrations of what that actually means. But I presume graphical instead of text based icons, with chunky heavy lined designs.
- The UI was designed with the influence of retro futurism. Which is in line with the setting of Battletech. We can travel across the stars but we still slug it out in ground battles etc.

That's all I've got.

Like you mentioned, a picture would've shown off all those points
Would've been nice, wonder why they don't

Also since color blindness is a more fluid thing then "all colors, or no colors", it would've been nice to have the UI change in color
Hope that's something for modders

#6 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 10:45 AM

With more 2019 style maybe its inspired by something like todays planes
Posted Image

I wish they would start to show something along the topic of the AMA session. Some screenshots with a big WIP sign or when they upload it on youtube add some video footage that is about the topic.

Edited by Nesutizale, 21 June 2019 - 10:47 AM.

#7 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 June 2019 - 10:49 AM

Yeah hopefully the next AMA will have some screen shots or maybe an official summary thread can be made.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users