Voice Communication Improvement / Lance Voice Chat

3 replies to this topic

Poll: VOICE COMM (4 member(s) have cast votes)

Add option to vioce chat within lance for better tactical managment?

1. Yes, voice chat within lance would improve cooperation and coordination during random games. (3 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. Nope, the current system is satisfying and We don`t need a separate voice "channel" for each lance. (1 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 3m2oo5

• Pip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPL

Posted 26 June 2019 - 03:55 AM

Hi,

Few days ago I was wondering about how communication in-game (especially on random games) can be improved..

I was thinking - why we have classic chat in team / lance variants while voice communication lacks that option..

Many times on random games you will encounter "muted" users who don't use voice comm for certain reasons.

But in almost every game you`ll find few who are using it.

Random games are and will be important part of MWO so why not improve it a little bit..

So how I see it:

1. Technically - lets say double tap button for voip will be global team push-to-talk, while single tap will be lance push-to-talk. Or opposite.

2. Capable users could decide to take lance command (on randoms that never happen at the moment Posted Image ) and give commands to their lance mates.
Note that in random game chaos it would be much easier to command (or follow orders) in 4 person group..

3. I would add markers on minimap, small letter to mark player lance.
That would give more tactical awareness and improve comm efficiency.

4. Also, notification pop up about what person speaking at the moment on teamchat in-game could include some extra info in simple way, lets say:

(Lance symbol) ___ Username ___ (mech symbol)

for ex. (A) 3m2oo5 [DV-6M]

These extra options could be turned off in options menu for those who do not prefer to use it Posted Image

So What do You Think? Posted Image

Edited by 3m2oo5, 26 June 2019 - 05:31 AM.

#2 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 03:26 PM

This seems like a no brainer. I'm surprised the game has come this far without it.

#3 Toddasaurus

• Pip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 05:57 PM

No. You're making things overly complicated. Nevermind the clunkiness of what you're proposing, but it isn't going to change the fact that many players on teams, specifically Faction Play or Quick Play, just don't give a sh*t about what you say and won't listen - regardless of whether team chat is global or can be limited to lances.

If you want to have good team communication, then join a unit that believes in structuring things. I've been in QP and FP matches in different units that have EXCELLENT drop callers. Coordinating lances is easy and very effective with one person drop calling and others throwing in useful information when needed. Otherwise, without being in a good unit, you're just going to be herding cats by trying to direct things, and no modifications to the communication overlay is going to change that. Not every player cares about working together, it's an inherent problem with the community that you're just going to have to deal with.

Those people you mentioned who played with muted comms will continue to do so, as there will still be people blabbering annoying things in team comms that are not limited to lances, or they (again) just don't care about team play.

Edited by Toddasaurus, 02 July 2019 - 06:01 PM.

#4 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 01:58 AM

Voice is good enough
If the team don't team then separate voice I don't think will win the game

Unless, You tell your lance to meatshield the bads FTW

Mmm, I take that back
Separate lance channels is a great ideaPosted Image

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 03 July 2019 - 01:58 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users