Will Mechwarrior 5 Suffer A Speed Cap Like Mwo?

42 replies to this topic

#41 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 10 July 2019 - 06:55 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 10 July 2019 - 12:47 PM, said:

...Then its just MW4 with better graphics.

Sounds good to me :).

Well that and it will have more mechs and more of a focus on growing a merc company. MW4 Mercs was still fairly linear in the sense that you had a finite amount of contracts and a defined path once you chose certain missions down the Steiner or Davion path.

#42 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 07:09 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 09 July 2019 - 12:23 PM, said:

The videos of game play of mw5 do make me laugh. Seeing that locust casually strut around going pew are a riot. Any lct attempting to do that in mwo would be dead within seconds. Like a lot of people I'm going to be one that uses and looks for a lot of mods for the game.

The last game I ran with a lot of mods was skyrim with 35 active mods. Vanilla skyrim without inigo seems so dull.

Only 35 mods, kind of low for Skyrim standards.

As for those saying 3025 the game is set between 3025 and 3049 so just shy of the clan invasion. Now if PGI wants to do things intelligently you start off without the ability to do much mechlab, but as the units builds up cash flow the player could purchase upgrades to their base of operation for more advanced Mech Hangers and Machine shops to make more changes to mechs. This way as the game gets closer to 3049 you might have a few mechs customized the way you want them.

As for modability people got HBS's Battletech game to where they can change the engine and even Late Jihad era weapons and mechs.

#43 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:34 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 10 July 2019 - 06:55 PM, said:

Sounds good to me Posted Image.

Well that and it will have more mechs and more of a focus on growing a merc company. MW4 Mercs was still fairly linear in the sense that you had a finite amount of contracts and a defined path once you chose certain missions down the Steiner or Davion path.

Well, I played MW4 with Mektek pack, and THAT added a TON of mechs. BlackHeart was a neat mech.

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 11 July 2019 - 11:36 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users