Fp Lfg Nights

Social

88 replies to this topic

Poll: FP LFG Nights Interest (168 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you interested to join FP LFG Night?

1. Hells to the no. (11 votes [6.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.15%

2. Yes, as an FP Vet (Solo) (78 votes [43.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.58%

3. Voted Yes, as an FP Newb (Solo) (61 votes [34.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.08%

4. Yes, as an FP Newb (Unit) (13 votes [7.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.26%

5. Yes, my unit knows FP and we would like to provide veteran groups along with MS. (16 votes [8.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Harper Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 200 posts
  • Locationwashington state

Posted 16 August 2019 - 03:53 PM

when is the event

#62 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 August 2019 - 12:50 PM

if only players would learn how to play FW properly... *sigh

#63 Hammer Hand

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 65 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:30 PM

Had a blast today! Thanks for the hospitality and organizing this! Great fun! Can't wait to do it again!

#64 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 08:38 PM

View PostAlienized, on 17 August 2019 - 12:50 PM, said:

if only players would learn how to play FW properly... *sigh

Come check it out; we have people of all experience levels playing.

#65 Talorion

• Pip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 15 posts
  • LocationDeutschland

Posted 17 August 2019 - 10:34 PM

That is really a great idea! Are some people also going to stream the battles on twitch?

#66 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 August 2019 - 12:35 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 17 August 2019 - 08:38 PM, said:

Come check it out; we have people of all experience levels playing.

i did.
same as everytime.
as soon as people have to attack they cant push Posted Image
3 mechs on the front, rest snipes or stands back, going nowhere.
pugging at its best.

#67 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 12:07 PM

I dunno, maybe listen to or pay attention to the general consensus of the group and play around that.

#68 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:04 AM

Some stats as requested:

Number of players during the event: 323
Number of matches: 39

Total damage done during the event: 1,208,064
Total IS Killed: 1267
Total Clan Killed: 1364

Everyone who participated will be getting an extra 250,000CB/match. This will be injected into accounts today.

#69 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:43 PM

Thats rad.

Maybe on the next one give out a GXP bonus, that would draw in tons of people.

#70 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:53 PM

323 players. ****.

#71 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 03:56 PM

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 18 August 2019 - 12:02 AM, said:

Do ye provide more in-depth information on how to act on faction-battlefields on other occasions or would I / other newcomers have to ask for guidance more proactively?

No criticism intended therewith, just asking on how you handled this in former drops. Mebbe it showed these sessions ain't well suited due to the heterogeneous composition of the groups and the general intention of providing games - which you folks totally succeeded in!

We did have a caller communicating that stuff but I think he logged right before you joined the group, and nobody else really wanted to pick it up. Luckily it was a decently experience squad still and attacking portico alpha with trade decks was working out well.

#72 Sigmar Sich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:00 PM

https://mwomercs.com...yyid-statistics
https://mwomercs.com...id-3-statistics

Somewhat more impressive statistics.

Tukayyid, Operation Serpent, Operation Bulldog... Do big FP-only events, this is the only hope for the mode, IMO.
Maybe it will make some retired players to reinstall the game, and then to stay, hopefully.

"The year of Faction Play" may still end with a bang, not a whimper. I'm worried restless that you'll miss this last opportunity. Posted Image

Start with small pre-Tukayyid events, and when autumn comes, throw a Tukayyid banquet, and then some more.

#73 evil kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 143 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 05:45 PM

View PostSigmar Sich, on 19 August 2019 - 04:00 PM, said:

https://mwomercs.com...yyid-statistics
https://mwomercs.com...id-3-statistics

Somewhat more impressive statistics.

Tukayyid, Operation Serpent, Operation Bulldog... Do big FP-only events, this is the only hope for the mode, IMO.
Maybe it will make some retired players to reinstall the game, and then to stay, hopefully.

"The year of Faction Play" may still end with a bang, not a whimper. I'm worried restless that you'll miss this last opportunity. Posted Image

Start with small pre-Tukayyid events, and when autumn comes, throw a Tukayyid banquet, and then some more.

A months long operation bulldog/ serpent with rewards for daily participation would be dope. I wanna wipe out the smoke kittys. If IS gets to huntress, smoke jag gets 1 planet in the deep periphery and their surviving planets get split between kurita/frr and c nova cat. Smoke jag wins, the clans get the same sized invasion territory as they have in the dark ages, and the frr shrinks to 1 planet.

But on topic, i had a huge amount of fun at the event, just wish id had time for more matches

Edited by evilelrond, 19 August 2019 - 08:01 PM.

#74 OldSchoolCav

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 87 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 19 August 2019 - 05:50 PM

I'm sorry if getting 323 players by posting a few times here and Outreach was not comparable to the Tukayyid FP event for some. All the same, thanks to the other 322 who came out. We're thinking about when the next should be. In the meantime, please start your own topic - this is a place to discuss the FP LFG events, not your FP wishlists. Thanks!

#75 Sigmar Sich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 19 August 2019 - 05:55 PM

View Postevilelrond, on 19 August 2019 - 05:45 PM, said:

A months long operation bulldog/ serpent with rewards for daily participation would be dope. I wanna wipe out the smoke kittys. If IS gets to huntress, smoke jag gets 1 planet in the deep periphery and their surviving planets get split between kurita/frr and c nova cat. Smoke jag wins, the clans get the same sized invasion territory as they have in the dark ages, and the frr shrinks to 1 planet.

Could be fun.

Yes, it could be fun, exactly. This may drag some retired players back from their hiding holes.

And cool rewards, like unique FP decals / banners, and/or mech giveaways for serious participation, will attract players from QP. Some of them, hopefully, will enjoy the mode, and stay.

Then, event by event, FP population will rise, and it will become great again. Posted Image

View PostOldSchoolCav, on 19 August 2019 - 05:50 PM, said:

In the meantime, please start your own topic - this is a place to discuss the FP LFG events, not your FP wishlists.

Okay. *shrug*

#76 Forstik

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:59 AM

New player here! I have a high-tier clan drop deck and I would like to way in the Faction Play. I am rather overwhelmed by all the selections (merc, freelancer, loyalist) and stuff (which clan to join, etc.). Is this where all FP drops are organized or should I continue to some discord channel or something? I would really appreaciate having the opportunity to drop with experienced guys that I could watch and learn. I am new to the game but not a complete noob. I feel very comfortable at QP at rank 3 right now. I am currently in the top 60 players in the Quick Play mode. I am playing MWO between 8AM and 3PM (PDT) which is 17:00 to 0:00 in Europe (CET). Is there a unit that could take me under their wings?

Edit: I dropped yesterday with Prototelis and it was awesome. We lost 2/3 games but it was pretty awesome. I would love to get in a group that drops regularly. A lot of stuff is quite clear to me now.

Edited by Forstik, 23 August 2019 - 12:30 AM.

#77 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:29 AM

View PostDeathshade, on 21 July 2019 - 06:37 AM, said:

Why can't PGI put in some effort

That's the question at the core of all things to do with MWO.

#78 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 August 2019 - 07:11 AM

View PostForstik, on 22 August 2019 - 01:59 AM, said:

New player here! I have a high-tier clan drop deck and I would like to way in the Faction Play. I am rather overwhelmed by all the selections (merc, freelancer, loyalist) and stuff (which clan to join, etc.). Is this where all FP drops are organized or should I continue to some discord channel or something? I would really appreaciate having the opportunity to drop with experienced guys that I could watch and learn. I am new to the game but not a complete noob. I feel very comfortable at QP at rank 3 right now. I am currently in the top 60 players in the Quick Play mode. I am playing MWO between 8AM and 3PM (PDT) which is 17:00 to 0:00 in Europe (CET). Is there a unit that could take me under their wings?

Edit: I dropped yesterday with Prototelis and it was awesome. We lost 2/3 games but it was pretty awesome. I would love to get in a group that drops regularly. A lot of stuff is quite clear to me now.

I think this thread is primarily for organising special nights where a lot of people get on and play, for normal days I can only advise you to hang around different teamspeaks, discords and expand your network with people who play a lot of faction play so they get into the habit of inviting you. You can also start forming groups and inviting random people from friends list and LFG, there are some people who have built up their presence in FP that way like Yondu and Staude.

My unit (MJ12) hangs out on the FRR hub from time to time, activity is quite sporadic these days though but if you see me on I'm happy to group up.

#79 OldSchoolCav

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 87 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:08 PM

Hi All,

Thanks for coming out to the few FP LFG nights we were able to organize. Unfortunately, life has intervened and I have to step away from MWO for the next few months. I hope one of you will pick up the slack - all you have to do is start a thread - people will show up. Great game, great community. Hope it is still here when I come back!

Thanks!

#80 O L L O

• PipPipPip
  • Korpral Første Klasse
  • Korpral Første Klasse
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 05:27 AM

New initiative: https://mwomercs.com...fp-lfg-weekend/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users