23 replies to this topic

#1 OldSchoolCav

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 87 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 08 July 2019 - 10:24 AM

Hi All,

This is a cross-post with another in the FP forum, but I suspect that many I was hoping to reach with that post are more likely to see it here. Given the high barriers to entry for FP, MS is going to be dropping two nights each month with the intention of creating 12-mans consisting of at most 6 MS FP Vets and the rest from the LFG. Our goals those nights will be to train, then to have fun, then to win - in that order. If you've never tried FP, or if you are tired of getting stomped or skipped in the queue, come by.

https://mwomercs.com...-fp-lfg-nights/

We welcome all skill levels and we will be providing gentle feedback - this is a low-salt night. We love FP and the best way to ensure it lives as long as possible is to get the population up. Please check out the linked forum post. Thanks!

Edited by OldSchoolCav, 11 July 2019 - 08:09 AM.

#2 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 08 July 2019 - 10:45 AM

Its less that FP cost of entry is too high, and more than game IQ cost of entry is too low. Not that FP is hard by any means, but lack of basic mechlab/piloting skills seem to hinder most people

#3 OldSchoolCav

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 87 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 08 July 2019 - 11:16 AM

View PostVxheous, on 08 July 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

Its less that FP cost of entry is too high, and more than game IQ cost of entry is too low. Not that FP is hard by any means, but lack of basic mechlab/piloting skills seem to hinder most people

Thanks Vxheous - the idea is to raise some of the Game IQ among people new to FP. We look forward to seeing you on the field.

#4 OldSchoolCav

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 87 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:27 AM

Bumping to get some more visibility. Please see the post and poll in the FP forums. We have tons of support from FP regulars, but only 4 people new to FP have shown interest. We'd love to see some new blood in FP - thanks!

#5 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:04 AM

View PostVxheous, on 08 July 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

This.

#6 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:07 AM

One thing I might suggest is on the website your group has to link some basic FP info. What a match entails. Common questions or whatever. Lower the barrier to entry even more. If people have no idea what it is, the chance they sign up for your group drop scenario isn't very high, people may not want to take the time to set up a deck and all the other stuff if they don't even know what it is they are getting into. Maybe link to some YouTube vids or whatever. If people find the concept interesting they are more likely to devote the time to exploring it.

#7 OldSchoolCav

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 87 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:26 AM

View PostKodan Black, on 11 July 2019 - 10:07 AM, said:

One thing I might suggest is on the website your group has to link some basic FP info. What a match entails. Common questions or whatever. Lower the barrier to entry even more. If people have no idea what it is, the chance they sign up for your group drop scenario isn't very high, people may not want to take the time to set up a deck and all the other stuff if they don't even know what it is they are getting into. Maybe link to some YouTube vids or whatever. If people find the concept interesting they are more likely to devote the time to exploring it.

Not a terrible idea. I'm not sure we will have something up before the 17th, but I assure you that FP with a 12-man on comms is the absolute best thing that MWO has to offer. There are several streamers that play FP - Yondu and Cheekiez are two that come to mind. We'll try to have some streamers record the upcoming event, I think we've got at least two ready to do so.

#8 Nameless King

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The King
  • The King
  • 692 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 01:53 PM

Never again been there done that FP always sucked and was always boring

#9 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:08 PM

Translation we no longer have anyone to farm.
Please come be cannon fodder.
It will be greatPosted Image

#10 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:40 PM

lol

That only shows how out of touch you are with the mode.

#11 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:50 PM

I'm a lurm boat pilot what do you expectPosted Image

#12 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 07:14 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 12 July 2019 - 06:40 PM, said:

lol

That only shows how out of touch you are with the mode.

lol I think we all know its a dieing game mode
whats to noe?
Posted Image

#13 OldSchoolCav

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 87 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:35 PM

All the same, LRMs or not, dying mode or not, you guys are welcome to join us for some FP fun. We are not looking for pug armor, just trying to help others see why we love the mode.

#14 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:06 PM

Hey I wish u luck
Just defending another opinion from the tribal one, as I agree with that particular post doh I might be wrong Posted Image
Sincerely Posted Image

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 12 July 2019 - 10:08 PM.

#15 SneekiBreeki

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 358 posts
  • LocationI came here to laugh at you.(^・ω・^)

Posted 13 July 2019 - 02:53 AM

>Dying game mode
Because the game itself isn't dying at all isn't it?

Not to say that FP is still lively during the various peak hours and there's mostly big groups playing on both sides on a regular basis.

#16 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 04:14 AM

Yeah doh FW has been dieing longer and skill gap has crept into quick play due to all the experence bar Teir 1's
so u win
I guess, enjoi

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 13 July 2019 - 04:16 AM.

#17 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 01:16 PM

last 2 or 3 times i felt like playing fp, the population was < 4.

pgi has to hand out loot to get me to play now. one of these days i will figure out that its all pointless to grind loot for a dead end game that likely has months to live at this point.

Edited by LordNothing, 13 July 2019 - 01:18 PM.

#18 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 01:26 PM

View PostNameless King, on 11 July 2019 - 01:53 PM, said:

Never again been there done that FP always sucked and was always boring

and qp isnt? wait times are absurd everywhere now. most of the game is watching the thing spin. the same maps, the same nascar bs over and over and over. pgi failing to flesh out their game much beyond the mechpachs, which are so over done that new mechs arent exciting anymore. they all feel like a bunch of copypasta.

Edited by LordNothing, 13 July 2019 - 01:31 PM.

#19 OldSchoolCav

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 87 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 17 July 2019 - 09:20 AM

I'll be on TeamSpeak around 9 Eastern (UTC-5). Again, the Mercstar TeamSpeak is mercstar.teamspeak3.com. No password is required. If other units want to participate - unit leaders, please drop by MS comms so we can coordinate and we can push solo players your way. New players, hop in LFG and come to MS comms and we'll direct you to the right place. See you all tonight.

#20 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 12:00 AM

Thank you so much Cav for taking the time and effort to organise this. Having four 12 man's running on a TS is something I haven't seen since we had Comstar.

With the success, I hope we can get more folks out who don't normally do CW or guys that do it solo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users