How Many Games To Do The Event?

26 replies to this topic

#1 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 12:01 PM

Am curious how many matches it took folks to finish. It took me 11, my goal was 9/10 so not too bad or far off.

https://imgur.com/a/kpx0M0S

*Edit: Should have thought of it when I posted but this is what I used.

http://KFX-D

http://ACW-1

http://LBK-C

http://MCII-B

Edited by Feral Clown, 12 July 2019 - 09:03 PM.

#2 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 12 July 2019 - 12:36 PM

about 115-120 for me to get the camo and mech bay. I didn't bother with the fw as I'd prefer to be with an active unit on voice coms than just go in fw as filler. I ran a fast med with lrm and lasers then switched to a knife dps lights when bored of the meds.

#3 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 12:56 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 12 July 2019 - 12:36 PM, said:

about 115-120 for me to get the camo and mech bay. I didn't bother with the fw as I'd prefer to be with an active unit on voice coms than just go in fw as filler. I ran a fast med with lrm and lasers then switched to a knife dps lights when bored of the meds.

He is talking about the even that started last night.

#4 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 01:06 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 12 July 2019 - 12:36 PM, said:

What Shadowomega1 said my dude. That event pretty much means you are playing around or over a hundred and you couldn't really set a goal or anything. I guess you could have only played during the periods where you get the double lootbags to maximize efficiency some but all that would really do is knock off the 'grand' prizes and you'd still have lootbags left on the table so to speak.

#5 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 12 July 2019 - 01:07 PM

I will start my event tomorrow. By the looks it will take me about the same.

"Earn a minimum Match Score of 250 - 1 time" This is your hardest part to do..... Event cry babies have really removed any difficultly to these events.

Pgi just keep handing stuff out until mw5 so we don't stop playing.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 12 July 2019 - 01:09 PM.

#6 Red Potato Standing By

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 01:13 PM

I think there are cry babies on both sides, some people cry just as hard because events are too easy.

#7 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 12 July 2019 - 01:15 PM

View PostRed Potato Standing By, on 12 July 2019 - 01:13 PM, said:

I think there are cry babies on both sides, some people cry just as hard because events are too easy.

So you're telling me my crying isn't loud enough ?

#8 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 01:17 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 12 July 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

I will start my event tomorrow. By the looks it will take me about the same.

"Earn a minimum Match Score of 250 - 1 time" This is your hardest part to do..... Event cry babies have really removed any difficultly to these events.

Pgi just keep handing stuff out until mw5 so we don't stop playing.

Pretty much what you said is why I challenged myself to do it in 9 or 10. I missed my goal a bit but I only had one of those games under 250 match score (I messed up and waaaaay over extended).

I guess though since I like playing, I am content for PGI to bribe people to play considering the wait times last couple of days have been real.

#9 Red Potato Standing By

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 01:18 PM

I don’t disagree that they should have harder goals to achieve in the events, just saying there will always be someone crying about something. Even if it is just crying about others crying.(which I guess you could say I am doing now...lol)

#10 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 01:24 PM

View PostRed Potato Standing By, on 12 July 2019 - 01:13 PM, said:

Wrong. It's too hard is crying, it's so easy people are dive bombing getting insta killed and moving on decreasing the quality of matches to game the loot bags as quick as possible is pointing out the obvious.

#11 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:08 PM

View PostFeral Clown, on 12 July 2019 - 12:01 PM, said:

Am curious how many matches it took folks to finish. It took me 11, my goal was 9/10 so not too bad or far off.

https://imgur.com/a/kpx0M0S

I am still recovering from loot bag party . I am taking my sweet time thank ye .

#12 Polecat

• Pip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:08 PM

View PostFeral Clown, on 12 July 2019 - 01:17 PM, said:

Pretty much what you said is why I challenged myself to do it in 9 or 10. I missed my goal a bit but I only had one of those games under 250 match score (I messed up and waaaaay over extended).

I guess though since I like playing, I am content for PGI to bribe people to play considering the wait times last couple of days have been real.

Trying to get my solo light kill set me back on my goal of 10 also. My first match in the Piranha I got 1-shot by a Heavy Gauss Fafnir a minute into the match. Next match I ran out of mg ammo right before the kill on a Marauder IIC and someone else nabbed it. 3rd match switched to an Arctic Cheater and some poor Raven peeled off and decided to chase me - he didn't last long.

#13 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:16 PM

I just need a Solo kill in a Light mech. There was a match where I was in my Shard and I got Narc'ed just as I got close to the circle on Alpine and got LRM'ed to death. Not a single member in my team had AMS. Then in my Urbie K9 on the Bog, I went left with the team and found myself alone as the team suddenly stopped and ran away the moment we spotted enemies.

So, counting all of that, I think I should be able to complete the event in a couple more games bringing my tally to 15, hopefully not more.

#14 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 05:00 AM

Did it in 15 if going by the minimum of 50 match score tracker cuz I wasn't counting. But what's the purpose of asking?

#15 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 01:52 AM

View Postarcana75, on 13 July 2019 - 05:00 AM, said:

Did it in 15 if going by the minimum of 50 match score tracker cuz I wasn't counting. But what's the purpose of asking?

I asked because I am curious how many games it took other people....

Then I added what I chose to do it in, because I am curious what others might do and where we might be different.

Kinda thought it was pretty straight forward?

#16 Vorpal Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 07:37 AM

Took me 12 games - the total match score was the last requirement to be met. My primary mechs were MLX-G (MG & HSL build), SCR (SPL build), EBJ (MPL build), and dakka MCII-B. Had to do a few games in a Cougar and a Trebuchet to get the missle requirement while also finishing the assists.

#17 Helsbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 14 July 2019 - 08:19 AM

A few hours of casual derp-level play over two evenings. No special builds or effort, just semi effective point and shooty.

#18 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 10:48 PM

View PostVorpal Puppy, on 14 July 2019 - 07:37 AM, said:

Took me 12 games - the total match score was the last requirement to be met. My primary mechs were MLX-G (MG & HSL build), SCR (SPL build), EBJ (MPL build), and dakka MCII-B. Had to do a few games in a Cougar and a Trebuchet to get the missle requirement while also finishing the assists.

As a mostly cqc guy I really respect and appreciate your choices to complete the event.

It also took me twelve on my IS account and it occurred to me that I was pretty lucky on the Clan side getting really good teams to play with.

#19 A Really Old Clan Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 08:13 PM

Took me about 15 on each of my accounts.

Hardest part is the light or medium solo kill. So many kill steals by other players cost me 5 matches in a light (urbie).

Other than that getting a win by whole teams trying to finish the event and playing with no tactics at all.

I even helped a friend by legging a mech and leaving it for him to strip and kill. I could have KS'd it but he was saying he had played of 10 matches and not managed to get a solo kill in a light.

#20 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 08:23 PM

View PostA Really Old Clan Dude, on 15 July 2019 - 08:13 PM, said:

Took me about 15 on each of my accounts.

Hardest part is the light or medium solo kill. So many kill steals by other players cost me 5 matches in a light (urbie).

Other than that getting a win by whole teams trying to finish the event and playing with no tactics at all.

I even helped a friend by legging a mech and leaving it for him to strip and kill. I could have KS'd it but he was saying he had played of 10 matches and not managed to get a solo kill in a light.

Nice. I think there are a lot more players out there like you than people actually realise. Bravo for helping a dude out. o7

Far as tactics, I dunno, I feel it still so much better than the last low bar grind event as it forced players to do something other than run in and die. Quick play is also what it is...or devolved into. I know I personally adapted to its current state than just sit back and scream and complain that my 50kph assault was getting left behind in the nascar.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users