93 replies to this topic

#61 Mister Maf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 18 July 2019 - 12:41 PM

VERY good event

This is my cat Louie she knocked over a big stack of stuff while I was making this post

Posted Image

Edited by Mister Maf, 18 July 2019 - 12:45 PM.

#62 Avarice1of2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 194 posts
  • LocationSitting in a the cockpit of a mech whose pilot is no longer with us with Bitching Betty telling me my loadout is not usable.

Posted 18 July 2019 - 02:41 PM

What about mechbays, it is nice that mechs are on sale, but without a bay for the mech, it is pointless for me. I want to hit 500 mechs.

#63 Wiley Coyote

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 02:55 PM

That HR manager's cat reminds me of Bill the cat from Bloom County.

#64 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 18 July 2019 - 03:55 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 18 July 2019 - 07:38 AM, said:

Posted Image

The fact that you are not sure about this is even more sad than the one GSP (one skill point) reward.

#65 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 08:53 PM

View PostOMCBOONE, on 18 July 2019 - 12:37 PM, said:

Kinda would of thought a Solaris event would of been first and foremost at beg of a new season, no? Maybe people will actually Q for it then Posted Image

I wish they would cut Solaris to 3 queues for mechs, even if that means like half of the mechs aren't in Solaris. And then run a small Solaris event every week or twice a week, so then a number of players would always be logging into Solaris at least on those days.

#66 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 10:42 PM

Also... could we please have a base XP boost from next patch onwards? There've been so many sales lately and the grind is bad enough as it is without The Great Ending looming on the horizon

#67 Jon McFuzzy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 11:31 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 18 July 2019 - 07:38 AM, said:

Posted Image

GOD - Seriously Matt? Are we being trolled here?

I can get 7 skillpoints (GSP) in a QP match by winning and good damage. Prove:

https://media.discor...=397&height=602

https://media.discor...352/unknown.png

5,950 XP from a single good match on a hero nets me 7 skillpoints/GSP.

Edited by Jon McFuzzy, 18 July 2019 - 11:32 PM.

#68 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 326 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 19 July 2019 - 12:08 AM

So ... weird thing about the 'TAG DAMAGE' of Day 2.

I put a tag on my Flea to help spot, assuming that the Tag Damage reward comes from when you're tagging an enemy and they receive damage from teammates while they're tagged.

So far, I've gotten "Tag Stealth", "Tag Assist", and even a "Tag Kill", but no "Tag Damage". What am I missing here?

Edit: I got it finally when someone with missiles hit a mech I was tagging, but I'm still not certain about how to score it. Does it only work with missile damage? In which case, I should have gotten it when I got the Tag Kill, because my enemy was being LRM'd. I dunno...

Edited by Renzor the Red, 19 July 2019 - 12:54 AM.

#69 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 12:13 AM

View PostRenzor the Red, on 19 July 2019 - 12:08 AM, said:

I put a tag on my Flea to help spot, assuming that the Tag Damage reward comes from when you're tagging an enemy and they receive damage from teammates while they're tagged.

So far, I've gotten "Tag Stealth", "Tag Assist", and even a "Tag Kill", but no "Tag Damage". What am I missing here?

I'm still not perfectly sure how that reward works, but bringing a streak-crow with a light-tag in the head normally does the trick.

#70 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 12:14 AM

The cat biting the screen is priceless . Posted Image

#71 Nicholas Hyde

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 12:53 AM

View Postsuffocater, on 19 July 2019 - 12:13 AM, said:

I'm still not perfectly sure how that reward works, but bringing a streak-crow with a light-tag in the head normally does the trick.

It is likely that the damage done has to originate in lock-on missiles, such as Streaks, ATMs, LRMs. Not 100% sure though.

#72 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 19 July 2019 - 05:15 AM

The event has been fun thus far. Thanks for the discoball. Plus any time I can get new war horns is great.

For the TAG thing I brought TAG on a mech with LRMs, tagged the enemy, fired, they took damage and after the match I got my reward. I'm of the opinion that with things like that you are better off doing the work yourself instead of relying on others just in case no one decides to use missiles against the thing you are TAG-ing.

Edited by Kodan Black, 19 July 2019 - 05:16 AM.

#73 Myj

• PipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 47 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationColorado

Posted 19 July 2019 - 07:42 AM

The fact that you can give GSP rewards now is awesome. The fact that you chose to give 1 GSP per event is a bit cringy.

#74 Mr_Breaker

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 08:21 AM

Far as events go MWO has some of the best free giveaways no doubt; however this is also problematic in the public queue due some criteria promotes bad team play. What I would like to see is some caveats added since PSR is not working in line with the tier system in the match maker.

Example:
"Detect 12 players with a UAV"
Add in a second criteria with minimal match score of 100 to prevent Suicide Scouting.

Honestly with the event Day-1 is the only problem I see, the rest are fine since it's performance driven.

Just my $0.02

Edited by Mr_Breaker, 19 July 2019 - 08:24 AM.

#75 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 08:30 AM

TAG Damage has minimums of 5 damage and 2 seconds on target, which might've gotten shorted or interrupted.
(From its original description in https://mwomercs.com...patch-notes/980.)

#76 kompilator

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 09:29 AM

Posted Imagehttps://pp.userapi.c...Ok8x8_YOa8I.jpg

Edited by kompilator, 19 July 2019 - 09:30 AM.

#77 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 11:08 AM

Cats and dogs?.. GSP + cockpit trash as rewards?.. What a trash, IMHO that's going to be worst even ever in case of overall idea and rewards.. I'm out, better will waste my time for something more descent then this...

#78 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 326 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 19 July 2019 - 12:49 PM

View PostPz_DC, on 19 July 2019 - 11:08 AM, said:

Cats and dogs?.. GSP + cockpit trash as rewards?.. What a trash, IMHO that's going to be worst even ever in case of overall idea and rewards.. I'm out, better will waste my time for something more descent then this...

^^

I don't understand posts like these. People complaining about free stuff in a free game? **HUFF** I'm going home!

Posted Image

I've always appreciated the constant events, and I love sales. And warhorns. But goddamn ... if you have a problem with something PGI is doing, what on earth makes you think they'll give a sh** about what you're saying if you frame it like this? Seriously. Imagine what it must be like to be these guys reading through these threads through all of that crap. It reminds me of Hurricane Katrina when all of the people taking refuge in the Superdome were complaining that their free food wasn't McDonald's.

If there are points to bring up, speaking in hyperbole won't solve anything.

For instance, I love the idea of GSP as rewards. I'm always fighting for those. But ... a single one? Lol. Like Jon McFuzzy said above, they're sorta easy to earn in a normal match. I get 1-2 in a meh match, and 6-7 or so in a good one. And it costs ... 45,000 c-bills to convert 1 skill point's worth of XP? Maybe 8-10 GSP reward would make more sense. That would be far more useful. BAM ... planned sensor tree almost filled out.

Edited by Renzor the Red, 19 July 2019 - 03:54 PM.

#79 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 02:33 PM

Edit: I got it finally when someone with missiles hit a mech I was tagging, but I'm still not certain about how to score it. Does it only work with missile damage? In which case, I should have gotten it when I got the Tag Kill, because my enemy was being LRM'd. I dunno...

Grab the Trial Kintaro 18 and get the reward in 1 single round without any issues :
- Has TAG
- Has LURM

Done! :D ;)

#80 Nicholas Hyde

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 11:57 PM

I don't understand posts like these. People complaining about free stuff in a free game? **HUFF** I'm going home!

They're providing "valuable feedback"...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users