The Comstar Guard (CSG/Com Guards)

26 replies to this topic

#1 CSG Gunslinger

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:33 PM

Hello all,
Since the remaining members of The Comstar Guard have been following MW5 development fairly closely I thought I'd create a post here and let you know we, like many others, are eagerly awaiting the release date.

For those that don't know the Com Guards are the military arm of ComStar, owners and protectors of the HPG Uplink grid, details on that are here: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Com_Guards

In the real world, we are a group of players from MW2, MW3 and MW4 Vengeance and Mercs, our home page, such that it is during the lack of Mechwarrior games, is here: http://www.comstarguard.com

I wouldn't be surprised if some of you old timers remembered us from MW3/4/Mercs.

I'm posting this in the "Mercs" section since there's no specific area that fits us, we will almost certainly fight as a Merc unit in the coming game.

See you on the field.

Edited by CSG Gunslinger, 27 December 2011 - 05:34 PM.

#2 xxREVxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 429 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:00 PM

Hmmm, Gunslinger? Gunslinger? Now that name does seem to ring a bell. :)
~S~ bud. How you been?

#3 CT Sparty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 118 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec, CA

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:39 PM

Posted Image
Should we be related since Comguards's also active in the upcoming NBT league restart, quiaff
I look forward to battle you all on any platform,though I cannot imagine what MW:O's cockpit is going to feel like.
(it wasn't in the "scroll down" of units to choose from, was it?)
All my best for the times ahead, gamers!
<S>

#4 CSG Gunslinger

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:39 PM

Nope, Spartakys those other Comstar Units aren't related to us we played MW3/4 and Mercs when they were "mainstream", now we play other things and wait like everyone else.

#5 soulfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 320 posts
  • Locationhere

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

Hey Gun good to see one you lazy guys is putting in a showing eh =) .bah old men. At least more of you guys are keepign in touch than GM. Hoping that maybe some of them will make it this way sooner or later. Solgara and I are playing the tank game to keep busy. I play alittle mechwarrior legends or whatever from time to time. Good luck.

#6 WolfDragon Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSleepingforrest

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

I can join? Sounds perfect for someone who wants to put a stop to clanners (when displayed)

#7 CSG Spaz

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:41 AM

Spaz reporting in.

#8 Baelnova

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

View Postsoulfire, on 21 March 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

Hey Gun good to see one you lazy guys is putting in a showing eh =) .bah old men. At least more of you guys are keepign in touch than GM. Hoping that maybe some of them will make it this way sooner or later. Solgara and I are playing the tank game to keep busy. I play alittle mechwarrior legends or whatever from time to time. Good luck.

SOUL! Holy Cow! To all CSG! Aloha and thank you for having this thread! To my GM team mates...I'm back! Changed my Tag to Baelnova, don't remember what the hell I played under before...oh the years...But I think it was GM_Shin....wish i could remember..Tell Sol that I will be there at launch..not in any of the beta's or anything..kinda jaded since MW4...lol. But if this is anything like what we had in MW3...I'm back! Although I live way outside the normal time zones anymore...Currently posted in Guam, but doesnt matter, I'll Make matches when i can!
I think I talked to Omni a few years ago, but lost touch with him during one of my moves...but no matters...I think most of us will find our ways back. Haven't talked with my old roomie in a while, but I will FB him and let him know this is coming...not sure if he even plays around on the comp any more...but I know he kept his puma in the garage...lol...Good to see you all again, and can't wait!

#9 CSG Mhowatt

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationNebraska

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:20 AM

CSG Mhowatt checking in sir.

:D

#10 soulfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 320 posts
  • Locationhere

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:47 AM

Hey Shin I sent you a message with your old name adn link to old forum. Hey Mho I see you playing but havent seen you in the teamspeak. Good to see spme p;d faces showing up
. Laters
Soul

#11 OMNl

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationThe Great Yonder

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:50 PM

Hail CSG !

How you guys been? Not sure if everyone remembers me; GM_Omni. Looking forward to some epic battles with you guys. Good to see the old crowd again.

Shin ! dude ! Good to hear from ya. Say heyas to Whirlwind for me,. Hope to see you guys out there.

Good games, Omni

#12 CSG Gunslinger

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:11 AM

Hey Omni!

Good seeing you, stay in touch and keep us updated on how DM is going

#13 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:22 AM

Hey, guys, I'd like to drop a quick note to mention that, although PGI would encourage you to meet up and organize around the ComStar Guards/ComGuard/etc outside of the actual game (as in your own website, meetings, whatnot), you should know that the "ComGuard"/"ComStar Guard" won't be allowed to operate "in-game" with that title as a Mercenary Organization. They are not allowing any canon groups to be used as Merc Corp names, as far as the MW:O Meta Game is concerned... f.y.i.

Besides, I hate ComSTar because you overcharged me for long-distance last month :D

Edited by Prosperity Park, 12 August 2012 - 08:23 AM.

#14 CSG Gunslinger

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:14 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 12 August 2012 - 08:22 AM, said:

Hey, guys, I'd like to drop a quick note to mention that, although PGI would encourage you to meet up and organize around the ComStar Guards/ComGuard/etc outside of the actual game (as in your own website, meetings, whatnot), you should know that the "ComGuard"/"ComStar Guard" won't be allowed to operate "in-game" with that title as a Mercenary Organization. They are not allowing any canon groups to be used as Merc Corp names, as far as the MW:O Meta Game is concerned... f.y.i.

Besides, I hate ComSTar because you overcharged me for long-distance last month ^_^

Hey Prosperity, I appreciate the reply, I've asked forum mods here specifically about using ComGuards and haven't been able to get a solid answer on whether we can continue to use it or not. Mainly it's "I don't know, wait and see" or "ask the devs", I figure the Devs are busy so we can wait and see. It's not "ComStar" it's "ComGuards", kind of splitting hairs but it is what it is. PGI is using "ComStar", I haven't seen any official use of "ComGuard/WoB/etc" yet so maybe we will get lucky.

That being said, If we get to game launch and they say we can't use it then we'll use an in-game tag of something else :) , no worries.

#15 soulfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 320 posts
  • Locationhere

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

Yea it is a problem theres no clear line of communicatioin at times.The person to ask is the Dev that started the merc sign up list. He is supose to know but he sometimes mm dunno. Garth Erlam is supose to be the one in charge of it. Personnely I would think ComGuards or some such should be fine I have seen people using closer likenesses. But of coarse they are not going to tell you until games underway adn you register so dunno. I would say go with the one you like but have a back up..Hyperpulse Guardians or whatever just in case.. What some have done is play with the words to where long version is different but when you shorten it it is as you want. Comstar Guards.....ComGuards.....Communication Guardians.....ComGuards anyway goodluck .

#16 MeerKatV

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:42 AM

CSG_Numa99 reporting in ;)

It's been so long that I even forgot my callsign - had to look it up on the CSG home page roster. My old yahoo email address is defunct fyi will gladly send my new one plus updated bio.

Good to see CSG still alive. If you"re recruiting again - I'm very interested.

regards,

Vic

#17 CSG Gunslinger

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

View PostMeerKatV, on 21 August 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

CSG_Numa99 reporting in :)

It's been so long that I even forgot my callsign - had to look it up on the CSG home page roster. My old yahoo email address is defunct fyi will gladly send my new one plus updated bio.

Good to see CSG still alive. If you"re recruiting again - I'm very interested.

regards,

Vic

Yeah it was only ten years ago :rolleyes:, glad to have you back, sending you a PM now.

#18 Dionysio

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:59 AM

Gunny! Hey all! you know me as CSG_Devil from mech's 4 & 5 (Right after Starfury finished his treehouse!)

I just found this game and will definately be playing.

Reporting for Duty, DFA! lolz

#19 CSG Gunslinger

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

View PostDionysio, on 08 September 2012 - 06:59 AM, said:

Gunny! Hey all! you know me as CSG_Devil from mech's 4 & 5 (Right after Starfury finished his treehouse!)

I just found this game and will definately be playing.

Reporting for Duty, DFA! lolz

Nice :P

Head over to the CSG forums and sign back up if you need to :P

#20 Edema

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 613 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:49 AM

Hey Guys,

Greetings from the German Comguards. How many Army you currently provide? We currently 6 till 7 Army and comes more.
Maybe we can work together in the near future?

Greetings

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users