16 replies to this topic

#1 HardDrive

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 01 August 2019 - 08:24 PM

Sitting in que and one conflict ends so I re-align and que up, literately the first person qued back up, I watch the numbers build up, first it jumps to 3 then 5 then the other side starts to build up, then it goes to 17/15 I think awesome I am going to get in a game, NOPE que drops down to 3 on my side... And it does this 4 more times with varying numbers and I watch myself get excluded from a drop 5 times in a row..... This is ********! 45 minutes waiting to get a match till I just give up.

#2 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 01 August 2019 - 08:57 PM

yep that's how it works for me

sorry

#3 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 02 August 2019 - 12:15 AM

Yeah, its team focused mode and groups always go before solos. It's been like this since it inception. You should group up to get faster matches.

#4 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:11 AM

Working as intended. Nothing to see here.

No, seriously. At what point has PGI ever listened to the players with regard to how a mode should operate? Don't expect it to happen any time soon.

#5 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 04:41 AM

It can be slow dropping solo, though I think encouraging people to group up is a net positive.

#6 HardDrive

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 02 August 2019 - 05:25 AM

Yesterday was my first day doing faction play again since they Changed it....It really sucks!

#7 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 06:48 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 02 August 2019 - 03:11 AM, said:

Working as intended. Nothing to see here.

No, seriously. At what point has PGI ever listened to the players with regard to how a mode should operate? Don't expect it to happen any time soon.

They did listen, excluding the solo pugs is how it should work.

Add yourself to LFG before searching and some groups will find and add you, just accept and you won't be skipped anymore

#8 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 07:03 AM

^Lots of people try to scoop FP regulars out of LFG at around LFG O'clock.

There been a lot of people coming through MS TS as well.

I'm pretty sure solo FP being viable was never a concern. Mode is not designed for solo play; you were warned the first time you clicked the button.

Edited by Prototelis, 02 August 2019 - 07:04 AM.

#9 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 12:56 PM

View PostNightbird, on 02 August 2019 - 06:48 AM, said:

They did listen, excluding the solo pugs is how it should work.

Add yourself to LFG before searching and some groups will find and add you, just accept and you won't be skipped anymore

Exactly my point. One of the reasons the FP population has tanked is due to the lack or pugs or solos or whatever you want to call them. People that neither have the time nor the patience to "group up" to drop into a match or two. But, hey, it's cool. You wanted this mode to be exclusive to groups and you got it. Enjoy your gene pool of players to choose from.

Just don't ***** that "FP is dead." Your choices killed it. It was doing just fine before this last iteration of Paul being Paul.

#10 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 02:19 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 02 August 2019 - 12:56 PM, said:

Exactly my point. One of the reasons the FP population has tanked is due to the lack or pugs or solos or whatever you want to call them. People that neither have the time nor the patience to "group up" to drop into a match or two. But, hey, it's cool. You wanted this mode to be exclusive to groups and you got it. Enjoy your gene pool of players to choose from.

Just don't ***** that "FP is dead." Your choices killed it. It was doing just fine before this last iteration of Paul being Paul.

The match maker plan was not a bad one, just too little and too late. All the other stuff they threw in like when it first dropped such as having 24 hours of scouting, killing loyalty or even the ability to try and stick in a faction to get into the reward tree, yeah all that stuff is far more to blame than any of the players.

All those choices were Paul's and Paul's alone. No one asked for it to be implemented in such a really awkward and unusable fashion. People did ask to be able to be included in conflicts, such as the Ghost Bear dudes, they didn't want this though, no one did.

But I mean they have a history of this right? Remember how they implemented a split queue? They split it into unit group queue and non unit solo queue....that they couldn't foresee that perhaps people in units would like to drop solo or vice versa was one of the biggest dunderhead moves I have seen. Really though that PGI has been able to top that gaff with even bigger and better gaffs is quite spectacular.

#11 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 02:39 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 02 August 2019 - 12:56 PM, said:

QP is for solo puggers, FP is for groups

#12 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 02 August 2019 - 04:24 PM

Now this is an example, based on those numbers, where there are two 12 player groups in the queue.
Because we can't have smaller team matches (which seriously.... wtf not) the 12 player group gets in queue, match maker says I should make a game what have I got... 12 players in one group or 3 solos (or 1 solo + 2 player group). Let's go with the 12 to make a match.
Even if the OP was in a group, in this example you still wouldn't have gotten a match because there are simply not enough other solo players and small groups to make another 12 player team.

So what would the answer be?

Force grouping?
If there is enough solo players to form a single lance, should the match maker link them into a 'Militia Group'?
Should small groups of 2 or 3 also be forced to conform to a 4 player group and adopt solo's?
Does that mean we need to limit groups overall and restrict them to no more than a lance so the match maker can easily create teams of 4+4+4 vs 4+4+4?
Should there be flexibility in the match maker and allow smaller teams to drop anyway so if there is not that magical multiple of 12 players on each side we are still getting a game of some sort?

#13 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 09:37 AM

View PostNightbird, on 02 August 2019 - 02:39 PM, said:

QP is for solo puggers, FP is for groups

Yep, sure is. Enjoy your groups only queue. Like I said before, don't complain about lack of population. You had a chance to add the solo guys just dropping for a match or two and decided against it.

Also, don't complain about the lack of matchmaker in QP either. The MM can't handle the lack of overall population.

#14 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 10:00 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 04 August 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

Yep, sure is. Enjoy your groups only queue. Like I said before, don't complain about lack of population. You had a chance to add the solo guys just dropping for a match or two and decided against it.

Also, don't complain about the lack of matchmaker in QP either. The MM can't handle the lack of overall population.

Sure, until you choose you group up, bye bye from FP

#15 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 12:48 PM

View PostNightbird, on 04 August 2019 - 10:00 AM, said:

Sure, until you choose you group up, bye bye from FP

Unless I don't mind sitting and waiting 45 minutes to be part of a pugstomp, which I sometimes do. Still a better way to grind than QP.

#16 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 01:12 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 04 August 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

Unless I don't mind sitting and waiting 45 minutes to be part of a pugstomp, which I sometimes do. Still a better way to grind than QP.

Well, joining a group cuts that wait to 5 minutes and you'll win around 50% of the time

#17 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 05:26 AM

View PostNightbird, on 04 August 2019 - 01:12 PM, said:

Well, joining a group cuts that wait to 5 minutes and you'll win around 50% of the time

And you'll still end up going against a group of 12 random tongue draggers to a 48/5 victory. You just get to choose which side of the potato harvest you're on. Doesn't change the quality of the matches. Not worth the effort to me to drop into a roflstomp on the winning side.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users