Ppc Part Mostly Damage, But Part Flamer

12 replies to this topic

#1 Jyrox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 06:20 PM

I still thnk that MWO needs to add a small but part impact of heat buld up to the PPC.

It doesn't need to be massive...but hit by a PPC = 10 damage direct.

For 10 heat.

Would it be too much too ask that a PPC does

10 damage +2 heat.

Small ppc +1 heat

Hvy PPC +2.5 heat

The PPC is supposed to be a spectular weapon that surpassed all technology of the period.

#2 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 06:27 PM

No.

#3 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 06 August 2019 - 06:31 PM

You think ppcs need more heat? The heat is why I don't use ppcs unless I'm just derp-ing around with a build. Is ppc are almost one to one for heat. lppc 5h for 5d etc. Add on "ghost heat" bs and ppcs are my last energy weapon to use when I can use a laser instead.

If you mean adds a marginal heat damage to target I kind of like it. It gives another reason to possible use ppcs. Ppcs also disable ecms but the duration of the effect imo is too short to make that a reason when you can tag,uav,narc or just team chat alert about en enemy ecm.

I'd rather have a ppc heat reduction quirk instead of velocity so I can fire my ppc more often rather than have to waste 21-23 points into mech ops.

#4 Jyrox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 06:33 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 06 August 2019 - 06:27 PM, said:

No.

I can respect that.

View PostJediPanther, on 06 August 2019 - 06:31 PM, said:

You think ppcs need more heat? The heat is why I don't use ppcs unless I'm just derp-ing around with a build. Is ppc are almost one to one for heat. lppc 5h for 5d etc. Add on "ghost heat" bs and ppcs are my last energy weapon to use when I can use a laser instead.

If you mean adds a marginal heat damage to target I kind of like it. It gives another reason to possible use ppcs. Ppcs also disable ecms but the duration of the effect imo is too short to make that a reason when you can tag,uav,narc or just team chat alert about en enemy ecm.

I'd rather have a ppc heat reduction quirk instead of velocity so I can fire my ppc more often rather than have to waste 21-23 points into mech ops.

Sorry, but I meant, that a ppc give heat, not adds to you.

The art of PPC, not Sun Tzu, is that you give the heat to the mech recieving.

You, the art of aim and foresight, and having being beautiful in the art of choosing to mount PPC's...means you give heat and love...like a tranquil blossom.

#5 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 06 August 2019 - 06:54 PM

View PostJyrox, on 06 August 2019 - 06:33 PM, said:

I can respect that.

Sorry, but I meant, that a ppc give heat, not adds to you.

The art of PPC, not Sun Tzu, is that you give the heat to the mech recieving.

You, the art of aim and foresight, and having being beautiful in the art of choosing to mount PPC's...means you give heat and love...like a tranquil blossom.

I highly doubt Sun Zu had a battle mech but hey I'm sure Batman and Grollia Grod in 17th century Japan had mechs because batman ninja was totally historically accurate. Maybe I missed that chapter in the art of War and Robots. If you want to really give heat to the enemy pettion pgi to give back the old flamer quirks on the embers along with the flamer particle effects which would let you visually blind the enemy completely and heat stun lock your enemy so the die when firing even an sml.

#6 Jyrox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 07:18 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 06 August 2019 - 06:54 PM, said:

I highly doubt Sun Zu had a battle mech but hey I'm sure Batman and Grollia Grod in 17th century Japan had mechs because batman ninja was totally historically accurate. Maybe I missed that chapter in the art of War and Robots. If you want to really give heat to the enemy pettion pgi to give back the old flamer quirks on the embers along with the flamer particle effects which would let you visually blind the enemy completely and heat stun lock your enemy so the die when firing even an sml.

Sorry, but, wow, got to play, not personal...thanks for words.

I highly know Sun Zu had a battle mech but hey I'm sure Batman and Grollia Grod in 17th century sucked. Japan had mechs because batman ninja was totally historically accurate. Maybe I missed that chapter in the art of Robots. If you want to really give heat to the enemy use this video

I love the old flamers which would let you visually blind the enemy completely and heat stun lock your enemy so the die when firing even an sml.

*Don't take it personal, was fun.

#7 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 10:39 AM

Um... What?

#8 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:10 AM

bsaically, if a mech gets hit by a PPC it should not also gain damage but also heat additionally.
i like it. its what a PPC did.

#9 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:26 AM

View PostAlienized, on 07 August 2019 - 11:10 AM, said:

bsaically, if a mech gets hit by a PPC it should not also gain damage but also heat additionally.
i like it. its what a PPC did.
No I get it, but for PPC related damage that's a non-lore concept and therefore:

"Um, what?"

Being a BattleTech/MechWarrior purist from way back I fully believe that the core rule set of the game should only ever be compromised as an absolute, no other viable solution, LAST resort. (and yes, I understand that taking a top down turn based shooter and converting it to an FPS real time shooter is going to require compromises, absolutely, BUT, implementing "ghost heat" rather than actual heat effects?!?!? REALLY, dumbest f'ing idea... EVER, hands down; non-crit-location internal damage tracking, well now you've just made 'mechs especially IS XL 'mechs that much weaker, and OH BY THE WAY, strengthened the crap out of Clans, simultaneously; global quirks? no, dumb - only specific weapons systems had "quirks", and very, very, very few chassis, etc., etc., etc.).

Many of the problems we have in the game today are the result of straying from lore unnecessarily. Where had the time and effort been taken back then, it would absolutely have saved thousands of man hours of tinkering with band-aids and we would be playing a much better game today.

... And no, this isn't hindsight being 20/20, the years of pain and suffering and effort trying to shoehorn non-lore ideas into this game was PREDICTED and DEBATED ad nausea when the ideas were originally announced.

Anyway, I'm against the idea of PPC's being modified to add heat to a target.

Seems like another dumb 'short term solution' that will ignore a lot of painful unintended consequences that would require years of tinkering and wasted development time to try and make work correctly.

#10 Gristle Missile

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 275 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:31 AM

I think what you want is a Plasma Cannon/Rifle - and yes I want them too

http://www.sarna.net...i/Plasma_Cannon
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Plasma_Rifle

#11 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 07 August 2019 - 04:11 PM

That's Plasma Rifle.

#12 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 08 August 2019 - 04:03 AM

View PostJyrox, on 06 August 2019 - 06:20 PM, said:

I still thnk that MWO needs to add a small but part impact of heat buld up to the PPC.

It doesn't need to be massive...but hit by a PPC = 10 damage direct.

For 10 heat.

Would it be too much too ask that a PPC does

10 damage +2 heat.

Small ppc +1 heat

Hvy PPC +2.5 heat

The PPC is supposed to be a spectular weapon that surpassed all technology of the period.

no... that's the role of the plasma rifle.

All the PPC is "intended" to be, is an Energy based AC10..

#13 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 04:32 AM

PPCs definitely dont need to be hotter.

I think their heat is fine where its at. They mostly just need to do more damage and have their min range removed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users