And A New: Bring Back The Centurion Ah Topic

14 replies to this topic

Poll: And A New: Bring Back The Centurion Ah Topic (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Want My CN9-AH back?

1. YES (16 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. NO (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:55 AM

I used the search function and all those topics were allready locked....
and there is an official explanation:

http://mwomercs.com/...ns-get-removed/

First off, the CN9-AH was our test vehicle for what we could do for Yen-Lo Wang. It was the closest variant we would use without exposing what the first Hero Mech was going to be. Now that Yen-Lo Wang is announced and present, we have removed the CN9-AH and will be replacing it with the CN9-D with the Artemis Guidance System in the next Mech release pack.

HOWEVER: Old love never dies...and with the raising number of more and more Mechs - isn't there any reason to bring it back?
Well - it isn't even a good Mech: the YLW is faster and has zombi mode
the 9A has more missiles and zombi mode

But it is still the first Mech I bought and played in MWO... it was the first Mech i scored a kill with (was a Atlas)

If you don't want to have 2 Centurions with AC 20 - I'm sure there is a way to give the AH more speed and upgrade the YLW to the YLW2 (as suggested in all those dozens of topics before)

#2 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:27 AM

The original excuse from the Devs, I consider to be a non-answer and just that, an excuse.

The YLW is a different Mech altogether, which utilizes Ballistic+Energy.

The CN9-AH is a challenge Mech, which utilizes Ballistic+Missiles. It is impossible to make a CN9-AH build with a YLW.

#3 HammerSwarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 754 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:35 AM

The utilization of only missiles and ballistics presents a hard choice for players as you really have to conserve your ammo or become useless. IMHO adding this mech back would be a boon to PGI.
  • Adding this mech now would only increase the portfolio of available mechs.
  • It would allow a choice when mastering centurions allowing you to circumvent the A, AL, or D if you wanted.
  • It could be sold 2 weeks prior to release as a MC option
  • Presumably the assets are still around from when this was in game so adding it back would take little effort.
This would be a boon to players of the centurion as well because it would offer fresh challenges to a mech many of us have mastered already.

It's a really good mech, and I don't think adding it back would diminish YLW sales. If anything it would increase YLW sales as people experience the fun of a centurion with an AC/20.

#4 Solomon Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:41 PM

Another Centurion with an AC/20 ?

Call me in.

Yen-Lo-Wang is my mech with the highest time played and i always wanted the AH variant.

There was enough time to make money with the YLW (even tho i never saw much of a conflict to begin with)

I still would have bought the YLW if they didn´t remove the AH.

#5 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

yeah. please bring this mech back.

#6 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:27 PM

I'm not a cent pilot, but I want to see the AH back on the field.

#7 Flying Blind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 776 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:00 AM

I would love to have the AH back. more mechs the merrier guys. it was a really fun mech tho and I'd like more time in it

#8 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:13 AM

Heck like the man said- just run a MC release for it for two weeks.

Make it a Wang and Ah sale- Get two great Centurions for the low, low price of XXXX MC. Then put the Ah back into rotation as a c-bill version.

Edited by Lord Ikka, 26 September 2013 - 12:14 AM.

#9 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:29 AM

A short moment i thought that the AH might be to powefull...as a brawler.
but hardly it isn't because a CN9-A can pack 3 heavy SRM packs an LB10X and 2 MLAS - for much more devastating effect.

Like the Dragon 5N or the Hunchback 4G it will be a Mech for a niche

#10 HammerSwarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 754 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:17 AM

I was further thinking about this. If the only objection at PGI is that it would hurt YLW sales, then they should design a new skin for it and sell it as a hero. This would allow people who want the mech to purchase it and it would allow them to continue making money from a centurion hero.

What this is is a compromise. Obviously I would like it added back, immediately, for c-bills but I would accept dropping a 20 spot on it to have this once great mech back in my stable.

#11 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:20 AM

I'd like to see the AH back, but I'd like to see YLW get two energy slots in the LA; if we keep the 1:1 scale, Yen Lo Wang was suppose to be retrofitted with a gauss rifle and 4 medium pulse lasers THIS WEEK:

" Hanse Davion personally had the 'Mech modified with Star League technology when Kai refused to accept Wolf's Dragoon's produced Daishi Assault OmniMech, offcially passing it to Kai on 21 September 3050. The weapons had been replaced with a Von Ryan Gauss Rifle in place of Autocannon and Spitfire Medium Pulse Lasers, two on arm, one on torso and one on back."

#12 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:20 AM

I know that Andrew Redburn had a Centurion on Bethel - although I'm not 100% sure that he had a AH...could be a mistake - someone has the novel "Coupé" at hand?

I also think its time for the YLW to move on - and become the YLW2... look we don't have the physical weapon on the YLW - but a 225 - so why not exchange the hatchet and the TSM for a 300XL and Endosteel....

Edited by Karl Streiger, 26 September 2013 - 05:22 AM.

#13 Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 358 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:26 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 26 September 2013 - 05:20 AM, said:

I know that Andrew Redburn had a Centurion on Bethel - although I'm not 100% sure that he had a AH...could be a mistake - someone has the novel "Coupé" at hand?

I also think its time for the YLW to move on - and become the YLW2... look we don't have the physical weapon on the YLW - but a 225 - so why not exchange the hatchet and the TSM for a 300XL and Endosteel....

It was a standard CN9-A.
He wet his pants as he realized that Allards customized Cent had a Pontiac100...

Edited by Demos, 26 September 2013 - 05:27 AM.

#14 HammerSwarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 754 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

View PostDocBach, on 26 September 2013 - 05:20 AM, said:

I'd like to see the AH back, but I'd like to see YLW get two energy slots in the LA; if we keep the 1:1 scale, Yen Lo Wang was suppose to be retrofitted with a gauss rifle and 4 medium pulse lasers THIS WEEK:

" Hanse Davion personally had the 'Mech modified with Star League technology when Kai refused to accept Wolf's Dragoon's produced Daishi Assault OmniMech, offcially passing it to Kai on 21 September 3050. The weapons had been replaced with a Von Ryan Gauss Rifle in place of Autocannon and Spitfire Medium Pulse Lasers, two on arm, one on torso and one on back."

Ups for the YLW-2, it could be introduced as a second mech:
(LA, LT, CT, H, RT, RA) 1B, AMS, 2E, N/a, N/a, 2E (unable to fit an A/C 20, Slightly updated custom paint)

#15 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

http://bte.battletec...ls.aspx?ID=3628

YLW2 is actually 3 MPL, 1 Gauss and of course the Hatchet. I wonder if this game will ever reach a production level where Melee is possible...

Posted Image = YLW2
Posted Image= CN9-AH

Anyways, Never Forget: CN9-AH. It's time PGI.

Edited by General Taskeen, 26 September 2013 - 09:05 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users